MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    2w1
    Socionics
    EII

Default Broadening the Horizon

Hello TC crowd,

My name is Byowulf, 26 years of age (27 at the end of this month), living in the Netherlands.

I just found out 2 days ago that I am an INFJ, 2w1. I was amazed at that discovery. Mainly because I've been running around with lots of questions all my life wether I was some kind of psychic, understanding people's pains and pleasures trough simple verbal interaction.

My search on the internet began to find other INFJ's like myself, and that's when some of my recent annoyings began ; I seemed to stumble upon posts that supposedly other INFJ's wrote about certain stuff they felt and experienced. I couldn't relate in the slightest to most of these ; then I slowly noticed that there where an insane amount of people that self-diagnosed them with INFJ traits, which carried opinions and thoughts far away from what I learned trough official tests to be of an INFJ.

( I've done 3 Official MBTI tests, 1 trough my own psychologist and 2 others to confirm the first result, trough official channels. All turned up with the INFJ result. )

I hope to find like minded and INFJ traited people around these forums. And I certainly hope I am able to avoid those who obviously seem to fake it.

Cheers!

Byo
    Last edited by Byowulf; 05-19-2014 at 02:57 PM. Reason: Typo Correction

Infinite Bubble

Hello!

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    2w1
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by Infinite Bubble View Post
    Hello!
    Hi there, Bubble!

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

well, hello. welcome.
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    2w1
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by five sounds View Post
    well, hello. welcome.
    Hey there, five sounds. Awesome quote! Didn't know that one from Twain yet.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Welkom!

then I slowly noticed that there where an insane amount of people that self-diagnosed them with INFJ traits, which carried opinions and thoughts far away from what I learned trough official tests to be of an INFJ.
    You should understand people of the same type can still differ wildly in all manner of aspects. And whilest people of the same type deal with life using fundamentally similar tools (cognative functions), the places those tools are being applied with varying levels of power differ wildly from one person to the next.

The only thing you can learn from tests is a baseline.

INFJ's are one of those types that, in particular, can be really all over the place. Look not for what an INFJ believes, but why, and you will probably find much more relation than you would have expected to find.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    2w1
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    Welkom!

You should understand people of the same type can still differ wildly in all manner of aspects. And whilest people of the same type deal with life using fundamentally similar tools (cognative functions), the places those tools are being applied with varying levels of power differ wildly from one person to the next.

The only thing you can learn from tests is a baseline.

INFJ's are one of those types that, in particular, can be really all over the place. Look not for what an INFJ believes, but why, and you will probably find much more relation than you would have expected to find.
    Hey there, Fluffywolf

I do understand that no matter what test results come up after taking an MBTI that everyone still has the matter of experiences, interpretations and general mood that bring influence into their actions and reactions. However (and maybe I didn't explain myself all that clearly in my introduction), when I see a person talking about general, non-personality bound but just general basic human behavior and defining just that as a typical " INFJ thing " gets me worked up.

Your tip ; " Look not for what an INFJ believes, but why, and you will probably find much more relation than you would have expected to find. " is taken very seriously, however. I believe there is an absolute truth in those words.

Thanx for the "Welkom" ( Dutch Language ? )

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Byowulf View Post
    Hey there, Fluffywolf

I do understand that no matter what test results come up after taking an MBTI that everyone still has the matter of experiences, interpretations and general mood that bring influence into their actions and reactions. However (and maybe I didn't explain myself all that clearly in my introduction), when I see a person talking about general, non-personality bound but just general basic human behavior and defining just that as a typical " INFJ thing " gets me worked up.

Your tip ; " Look not for what an INFJ believes, but why, and you will probably find much more relation than you would have expected to find. " is taken very seriously, however. I believe there is an absolute truth in those words.

Thanx for the "Welkom" ( Dutch Language ? )
    Yeah, I'm dutch as well.

And I see your point now. But yeah, this is the internet after all. We are all experts here. *wink wink nudge nudge*

Don't think there's reason to get worked up over it though. Being able to recognize it for what it really is, that's value enough right there. Best not to take it upon oneself to try and educate the masses, it wouldn't end well.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    You should understand people of the same type can still differ wildly in all manner of aspects.
    Very true.

Welcome Byowulf
    You definitely sound very INFJish. Sorry if that gets you worked up
    I'm Dutch speaking too.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    2w1
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by meowington View Post
    Very true.

Welcome Byowulf
    You definitely sound very INFJish. Sorry if that gets you worked up
    I'm Dutch speaking too.
    Thank you kindly, meowington.

Well.. If I actually take a look at myself from an outward perspective, I suppose the frustration lies somewhere in trying to find myself, identify myself trough other seemingly alike people. If you go on such a search and seem to stumble upon a diversity of contadictionary information, only leading you away from your goal, I suspect that disregarding of whatever type on may be, frustration comes drifting towards the surface.

Furthermore, if I'd ever gotten the choice of picking an own personality type, I could've imagined half a dozen better ones than INFJ. If that's truly what I am, I have to admit that it has been more of a curse than a blessing to me troughout my life.

Are the Dutch secretly plotting an non-verbally agreed upon coup here on Typology Central ? :p 2 days a member and I've met a fellow country citizen every one of them.

Cheers!