User Tag List

MBTI
    ENFP

Default ENFP coming through.

Hello there. I'm ENFP.

A little uncertain about the E, because I've been told I've 'quiet eyes', until I feel confident enough to start saying all I'm thinking.

I come across a little ENTP sometimes with my love for debate about anything I know the slightest about (and sometimes I really am clueless about what I'm talking about. cars for example. but it doesn't stop me from having something to say. which can be annoying. to Ss and Js. and teachers), and insightful lateral thinking (partially because I read a lot about things that I find the slightest bit interesting - keeps me up all night), but inside I'm all warm F. mmm. I'm full of feelings.

I thought I had bipolar, when I was going through a rough patch a few years ago, sorting out who *I* was versus how much my (very bad) behavior was because I was imitating my parents (whom I love the best I can but nevertheless recognise to be very immature and possibly both sufferers of BPD). We are a tad crazy, and there are a few diagnoses (and imo some undiagnosed cases) of OCD and psychosis in my family, along with a familial tendency for non-insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus and hypertension.

Thing is, being around very insecure and therefore intensely critical, mocking and strangely enough, sex-obsessed parents who didn't have many/any friends didn't give me a very good understanding of reality or the real world when I was younger, nor an excessively high self-esteem, but it only makes me more sympathetic and very sensitive to people in emotional pain. Oh, and not too much confidence either in my introverted judgement (I think that one 's associated with a sense of reality).

I did get very intense INFP fantasies of making my parents pay, when I was younger. But now I just keep away, because spending too much time around them puts me in too much pain.

Oh, and in general, in the real world, away from my family, (who occupy my thoughts a lot of the time, when I'm alone. With friends, it's almost like I'm a different person, not any less real or genuine, but much more alive and a lot more joyful), I'm generally seen (and I like that) to be a happy person who lifts the general mood. I'm happy when people around me are happy and laughing, especially when they're laughing appreciatively at my jokes (show-off that I am).

Oh, and the Ne. I'm rather fond of it.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Welcome fellow ENFP! ENFPs are shockingly introverted... darn Fi! I totally relate to the last paragraph. Here's my favorite simile: We are like the ocean. On the surface, we reflect light, movement, and we sparkle. Under all that, however, is darkness, depth, and a rich diversity of life. Both are genuine. It's just our nature. Mozel tov!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

*squints* Welcome to the nuthouse, we have extra jackets for when you need them... =^.^=
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by runvardh View Post
    *squints* Welcome to the nuthouse, we have extra jackets for when you need them... =^.^=
    Yes. Especially in ENFPs' size. J/K

Welcome

Quote Originally Posted by therethere View Post
    Thing is, being around very insecure and therefore intensely critical, mocking and strangely enough, sex-obsessed parents who didn't have many/any friends didn't give me a very good understanding of reality or the real world when I was younger, nor an excessively high self-esteem, but it only makes me more sympathetic and very sensitive to people in emotional pain. Oh, and not too much confidence either in my introverted judgement (I think that one 's associated with a sense of reality).
    I identify with these remarks more than I care to admit.

Oh, and in general, in the real world, away from my family, (who occupy my thoughts a lot of the time, when I'm alone. With friends, it's almost like I'm a different person, not any less real or genuine, but much more alive and a lot more joyful), I'm generally seen (and I like that) to be a happy person who lifts the general mood. I'm happy when people around me are happy and laughing, especially when they're laughing appreciatively at my jokes (show-off that I am).
    As you grow older, you'll become more like this person, which is the real you. It's a very good thing too.

Oh, and the Ne. I'm rather fond of it.
    Agreed!

It's always something... PuddleRiver's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Hi Welcome aboard!
    "In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay one invincible summer."
    ~~~~
    A Christian's life may be the only Bible some people ever read.
    ~~~~
    "The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them" Maya Angelou.
    ~~~~
    I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ" Gandhi
    ~~~~