Permabanned
    MBTI
    XXXX
    Enneagram
    ?
    Socionics
    ?

Default Introducing Myself

Good day/ evening. I'm here because I'm interested in investigating all things personality type related until my life begins to shift into a less stagnant direction and I find better things to do with my time than indulge in matters of psychology I consider to be fun yet pretty pointless outside the realm of self gratification/ boredom relief. Please welcome me into this community as if I were a trusted friend, and not an eyebrow raising rookie to be talked down to.

Socionics
    ILI

Welcome to the show.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    XXXX
    Enneagram
    ?
    Socionics
    ?

Thanks bro

Socionics
    ILI

Y/w

If you need help with typing or understanding a typing system, I am decent with Socionics and Jungian Cognitive Functions.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    XXXX
    Enneagram
    ?
    Socionics
    ?

Good. Explain to me the difference between Te and Ti, and Ni and Fi in your own words in detail.

It's always something... PuddleRiver's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Howdy
    "In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay one invincible summer."
    ~~~~
    A Christian's life may be the only Bible some people ever read.
    ~~~~
    "The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them" Maya Angelou.
    ~~~~
    I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ" Gandhi
    ~~~~

Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by Romello View Post
    Good. Explain to me the difference between Te and Ti, and Ni and Fi in your own words in detail.
    Extroverted Thinking involves the extrapolation of data from the environment and basing frameworks and decisions on empirical evidence that are gathered in the environment. It is an extroverted judging function, which means it is often associated with conscientious traits and the organization of the environment to maximize efficiency, what Te considers to be ultimately paramount. Te also bases success on objective milestones and accomplishments, such as the time taken to reach a goal or the amount of resources used to reach a goal. Te is also notable for its literal definition, the extroverting of thoughts; often, Te types will understand a concept by explaining it to others, working through it while lecturing it simultaneously, juxtaposing the Ti types, which analyze information quietly and in the solitude of their own mind. Te types will also be attracted to raw data such as charts, graphs, etc,.

Te = Efficiency, Basing one's worldview on the empirical evidence on-hand.

Introverted Thinking involves the refinement of information provided by the environment to make logical sense of it. Ti, thus, defers not to evidence foremost but to pure logic, and thus are puzzled when things aren't producing expected results formulated by the introverted judging function itself. Furthermore, Ti involves the adoption of logical principles that are applicable to several situations, much like the Fi type involves the adoption of moral principles that are applicable to several situations, and this is due to the nature of the introverted judging function. The Ji function projects principles onto the external environment, meaning that evidence in the environment is subordinate to pure reasoning, and that any fault seen lies within the misinterpretation of the environment rather than the misconstruction of the reasoning. Thus, when things go wrong, Ti types will often try to figure out what in the environment is causing a deviation from the logical, expected, results, and account for it, formulating logical principles by learning from certain deviations.

Ti = Analysis, Environment is subjected to pure reason to be made sense of logically.

Introverted Intuition differs from the rest of these functions due to the fact that it is an irrational function, an introverted perception function. Because I'm lazy and vie for efficiency, I'm going to paste one of my explanations scattered across the board, this one concerning the combined aspects of Socionics and JCF Ni.

- As an introverted perception function, Ni shares some qualities with its other introverted perception cousin, Si, but is ultimately reinforced by Se, which creates some heavy distinctions. Often, Ni-types are accredited with predicting things before they happen, and this lies in the mechanics of the Pi function itself. As with the Si type, which introspects on the self to see the power and limitations of one's own mental and physical state, the Ni type introspects on the ideas formed by the self and sees the power in those ideas against other ideas created by the ego. This leads to Ni types to typically know what is important, and what are distractions, due to the fact that they can easily see the power and lack of power in ideas through their own introspection of them. Therefore, when Ni types formulate an idea or plan, they can easily tag whether or not that idea or plan will actually be useful and realistic (Ni-Je) or simply off-base, meaning that when the Ni-type does see a great amount of power in one particular idea, that idea will often be correct and implemented. This, in turn, also helps the Ni-type in predicting events, as he can generate ideas much like his Ne-type cousin while at the same time screening those ideas for their feasibility and veracity. Another distinction to be made is that Ne types are often characterized by seeing all the possibilities, while Ni types see all of the probabilities, what is feasible in accordance to the Ni-type's introspection of ideas rather than what is possible under ideal circumstances. The Ni-type is also able to, through the introspection of ideas, "personally integrate" with conceptual information, almost like merging with ideas and theories that are deemed "powerful" by the self. This often leaves Ni-types with extremely idiosyncratic understandings of concepts, as the ideas are so personalized by the self. Another aspect of Ni is the ability to work well with extremely little information and produce coherent conclusions based on what is "probable", a by-product of the Ni-type's ability to know what is important in information and what isn't, thus forcing them to already zero-in on certain information while completely disregarding mountains of information that are deemed useless by the self. Overall, Ni operates on what is probable and which ideas show the most promise through possibility convergence, zeroing in on critical information and casting aside pointless information that only serves to distract the Ni-type from the objective truth that they always attempt to get to the bottom of.
    Introverted feeling, like introverted thinking, subjects the environment to principles, but of the ethical, moral flavor. Objects in the environment are labeled "good" and "bad" (morally) by this function in the individual. Thus, certain things in the environment can be subject to Fi's crusading nature, adopting the critical nature of the introverted judging function and scolding objects that have been deemed as bad while praising objects that are behaving good according to moral principles created by the self.(juxtaposing Fe, which is the adoption of agreed upon ethics and the extrapolation of emotional data from the environment, like Te does with empirical evidence) Ethics in the Fi-type are, thus, carefully 'reasoned' out to assure that the Fi-type is staying true to one's own moral principles (speaking of 1s, the Enneagram Type 1 slightly correlates to Te/Fi axis). These types will also tend to privatize their emotions, and concerning specifically xxTJs, will be privatized due to the amount of insecurity surrounding them. Fi is also highly counter-culture and individualistic, juxtaposing Fe's apparent collectivism.

Eh, Fi definition needs some more work.

Fi = Moral Principles, Ethics projected onto the environment.

More Ni -

Assassin from the future Qloshae's Avatar
    MBTI
    NONE
    Enneagram
    5 sx/so
    Socionics
    NONE

Quote Originally Posted by Romello View Post
    Good day/ evening. I'm here because I'm interested in investigating all things personality type related until my life begins to shift into a less stagnant direction and I find better things to do with my time than indulge in matters of psychology I consider to be fun yet pretty pointless outside the realm of self gratification/ boredom relief. Please welcome me into this community as if I were a trusted friend, and not an eyebrow raising rookie to be talked down to.
    Well hello there!
    Maybe you are interested in this then? http://research.similarminds.com/the...ity-system/588
    Here's a test: http://similarminds.com/motiv.html Tho I personally think we know ourselves the best.
    MBTI: IXXX (I don't even believe in it atm.)
    Enneagram: 5 | Sx/So
    Big 5: RLOAI (last time I did it)
    Alignment: True Neutral
    MOTIV type: SOTID
    MOTIV+ type: |S|oxiD

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi