User Tag List

Thread: Hai

MBTI
    NF
    Socionics
    NF

Smile Hai

Hi Everyone!

I have been into typology for about 7 years and I first came across the MBTI whilst doing the Personalty BigFive test on Facebook. I was one of those people who thought they were INFJ for a really, really long time . I've only started studying the functions at the beginning of last year and realised that I am, in fact, some sort of NFP. It was sort of difficult to make the switch as I've been telling everyone that I was INFJ for such a long time.

However, I'm still torn between INFP and ENFP. I'm definitely an "introvert" in that I'm usually softspoken and I am perfectly content with being alone (in fact it is my preference). But like most people, I still get drained by being alone too much. I'm still wondering whether I could be a "cognitive extrovert" if we're going to talk purely about the functions. I'd like to believe that I'm individualistic and not easily influenced by outside sources but I honestly feel like I have a relatively weak sense of identity in comparison to my INFP friends. During my episodes of -introspection-, I seem to discover nothing about myself except for learning how disorderly and chaotic I actually am.

I have an intermediate understand of Socionics and I am cool with everything about it (except for the intertype relations). I am fairly certain that I am either an EII-Ne or IEE-Fi. But anyways, I might post a more detailed version of this in the Socionics or Type Me forums when I have time.

As for enneagram, I am still deciding between 9w1, 4w5 or 6w5.

I am currently 19 years old.

WALMART

what it do

Assassin from the future Qloshae's Avatar
    MBTI
    NONE
    Enneagram
    5 sx/so
    Socionics
    NONE

Quote Originally Posted by SiberianBreaks View Post
    Hi Everyone!

I have been into typology for about 7 years and I first came across the MBTI whilst doing the Personalty BigFive test on Facebook. I was one of those people who thought they were INFJ for a really, really long time . I've only started studying the functions at the beginning of last year and realised that I am, in fact, some sort of NFP. It was sort of difficult to make the switch as I've been telling everyone that I was INFJ for such a long time.

However, I'm still torn between INFP and ENFP. I'm definitely an "introvert" in that I'm usually softspoken and I am perfectly content with being alone (in fact it is my preference). But like most people, I still get drained by being alone too much. I'm still wondering whether I could be a "cognitive extrovert" if we're going to talk purely about the functions. I'd like to believe that I'm individualistic and not easily influenced by outside sources but I honestly feel like I have a relatively weak sense of identity in comparison to my INFP friends. During my episodes of -introspection-, I seem to discover nothing about myself except for learning how disorderly and chaotic I actually am.

I have an intermediate understand of Socionics and I am cool with everything about it (except for the intertype relations). I am fairly certain that I am either an EII-Ne or IEE-Fi. But anyways, I might post a more detailed version of this in the Socionics or Type Me forums when I have time.

Well, at least you haven't bored your friends by changing your mind constantly about your type. :P I made a friend stop believing in MBTI because of it, tho now I don't do wither so I suppose it doesn't matter. :P

Research has found that most people are ambiverted btw. maybe you just are ambiverted.
    I am introverted, not super introverted but I tend to spend most my time along and don't mind that I don't see people no matter how much time I spend alone, tho sometimes it's nice to meet people.

Socionics is btw all about interpersonal relationships. :P

Nice to 'meet' you.
    MBTI: IXXX (I don't even believe in it atm.)
    Enneagram: 5 | Sx/So
    Big 5: RLOAI (last time I did it)
    Alignment: True Neutral
    MOTIV type: SOTID
    MOTIV+ type: |S|oxiD

MBTI
    NF
    Socionics
    NF

Quote Originally Posted by Qloshae View Post
    Well, at least you haven't bored your friends by changing your mind constantly about your type. :P I made a friend stop believing in MBTI because of it, tho now I don't do wither so I suppose it doesn't matter. :P

Research has found that most people are ambiverted btw. maybe you just are ambiverted.
    I am introverted, not super introverted but I tend to spend most my time along and don't mind that I don't see people no matter how much time I spend alone, tho sometimes it's nice to meet people.

Socionics is btw all about interpersonal relationships. :P

Nice to 'meet' you.

I agree that everyone is 'ambiverted' to a certain extent. But the type of extroversion/introversion I am talking about here isn't about loud vs quiet, but rather objective vs subjective. I don't remember the exact quote, but Jung said something along the lines of:

extroversion = oriented towards the external object
    introversion = oriented towards the the inner self

So what I am trying to find out is whether my dominant function is Ne or Fi because that would determine whether I am a true extrovert or introvert, regardless of how loud or quiet I am.

I find Socionics interesting because it goes more into depth about how a person's unconscious functions manifests in them. I just don't necessarily agree with the interpersonal relations because at this point in my life, I can't imagine an STJ being my "dual".

Nice to 'meet' you too

Rogue heart

Saw the title, said to myself:must see if an enfp wrote this haha, so I base my analysis on a hunch and vote enfp
    Welcome

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Howdie

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by SiberianBreaks View Post
    Hi Everyone!

Howdy! Does this describe you?

"In order for the ENFPs vision to be fulfilled, he needs to arrive at a situation where he picks up the hunch that his vision has been realized. Unlike the IN types, he would not be satisfied with merely knowing that he knows how to be successful or captures an internal feeling of fulfillment, he needs for his vision to become a reality. ...Because of the ENFP's lack of focus on external perception he is compelled to draw all of his energy into the external endeavor. However, if the Extroverted Thinking is not developed the ENFP shall suffer the same malady as the INFP, or being divorced from reality because they were carried away by idealistic visions inspired by Introverted Feeling. In this case, the ambitions are much too lofty to be carried out properly and are wholly incommensurate to anything to be found in the external world."

Principles of Typology
    By Aleksey Bashtavenko
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

o hai
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

It's always something... PuddleRiver's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Hi Welcome aboard.
    "In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay one invincible summer."
    ~~~~
    A Christian's life may be the only Bible some people ever read.
    ~~~~
    "The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them" Maya Angelou.
    ~~~~
    I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ" Gandhi
    ~~~~