User Tag List

12 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 11

  1. #1
    Senior Member OWK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Posts
    115

    Default Confessions of an ENTP noob

    A little bit about myself....


    Extroverted when the mood strikes me. Generally the dominant personality in the room.

    Could convince a room full of people of pretty much anything.

    Strong need for external validation.

    Inventive, creative and hyper-focus when interested in a task.

    Don't believe there's anything I can't do.

    Only have a High School Diploma (barely). Classroom education makes me want to stick a fork in my eye.

    Work as an engineer despite the lack of education. Hold 19 US and International patents.

    Get by much more on talent than effort.

    Procrastinate horribly.

    Consider myself unusually bright, but that may be the narcissism talking. (nah)

    Keep a pathologically messy workplace, and am apparently disorganized to outside observers. (yet know where everything is)

    Am never late for meetings or appointments (assuming I know I have them), and never lose my keys, phone, or wallet

    Am predisposed to gambling (although not to destructive levels)

    Am predisposed to other high-risk behaviors, but not addictively so.

    Horrible at managing money and paying bills on time. I'd like to blame this on lack of organization, but it is more likely that I just don't care enough about these things.

    Easily bored. Constant need for stimulus.

    Sometimes have conversations with myself. Usually when weighing alternatives in a creative or technical situation.

    Am quite adept at mimicry, accents, and probably would have made a good voice actor.

    Seek friendships with those I consider similar in characteristics to myself. I don't do this by intent. I think it just happens. Consider these friendships very strong, but very shallow. Generally based on mutual interests, and generally dissolve after situation which brought us into proximity changes (i.e. new job)

    I have had probably a dozen close friends in my life. I made no effort to maintain any of those friendships after situations changed, in spite of repeated efforts by those friends. I generally feel bad about this, but do nothing to change it.

    Make good money, and have always... but I probably would not be very functional in today's world, if not for a life partner who keeps my bills paid and makes sure I comply with the expectations of society.

    I have dabbled in many creative pursuits, but generally abandon them as soon as I feel I have acquired a basic mastery of them.

    I have no long term goals. (and I am OK with this)

    Politically - Anarcho-capitalist.

    Religion - None

    May have a touch of psychopathy.

  2. #2
    It's always something... PuddleRiver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Posts
    2,924

    Default

    Hi Welcome, glad to meet you.
    "In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay one invincible summer."
    ~~~~
    A Christian's life may be the only Bible some people ever read.
    ~~~~
    "The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them" Maya Angelou.
    ~~~~
    I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ" Gandhi
    ~~~~

  3. #3
    Senor Membrae Eugene Watson VIII's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    MBTI
    iSFP
    Enneagram
    idk sp
    Posts
    832

    Default

    Welcome.

  4. #4
    ndovjtjcaqidthi
    Guest

    Default

    Welcome.

    We need more ENTPs! Harder!

  5. #5
    Senior Member OWK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Posts
    115

    Default

    Thanks all, for the warm welcome.

    I took a personality type test a few years back, and was gobsmacked at the accuracy.

    It was like having a voyeur take illicit snapshots of my psyche.

    Looking forward to reading more.

  6. #6
    The Dark Lord The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne
    Posts
    3,269

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OWK View Post
    A little bit about myself....


    Extroverted when the mood strikes me. Generally the dominant personality in the room.

    Could convince a room full of people of pretty much anything.

    Strong need for external validation.

    Inventive, creative and hyper-focus when interested in a task.

    Don't believe there's anything I can't do.

    Only have a High School Diploma (barely). Classroom education makes me want to stick a fork in my eye.

    Work as an engineer despite the lack of education. Hold 19 US and International patents.

    Get by much more on talent than effort.

    Procrastinate horribly.

    Consider myself unusually bright, but that may be the narcissism talking. (nah)

    Keep a pathologically messy workplace, and am apparently disorganized to outside observers. (yet know where everything is)

    Am never late for meetings or appointments (assuming I know I have them), and never lose my keys, phone, or wallet

    Am predisposed to gambling (although not to destructive levels)

    Am predisposed to other high-risk behaviors, but not addictively so.

    Horrible at managing money and paying bills on time. I'd like to blame this on lack of organization, but it is more likely that I just don't care enough about these things.

    Easily bored. Constant need for stimulus.

    Sometimes have conversations with myself. Usually when weighing alternatives in a creative or technical situation.

    Am quite adept at mimicry, accents, and probably would have made a good voice actor.

    Seek friendships with those I consider similar in characteristics to myself. I don't do this by intent. I think it just happens. Consider these friendships very strong, but very shallow. Generally based on mutual interests, and generally dissolve after situation which brought us into proximity changes (i.e. new job)

    I have had probably a dozen close friends in my life. I made no effort to maintain any of those friendships after situations changed, in spite of repeated efforts by those friends. I generally feel bad about this, but do nothing to change it.

    Make good money, and have always... but I probably would not be very functional in today's world, if not for a life partner who keeps my bills paid and makes sure I comply with the expectations of society.

    I have dabbled in many creative pursuits, but generally abandon them as soon as I feel I have acquired a basic mastery of them.

    I have no long term goals. (and I am OK with this)

    Politically - Anarcho-capitalist.

    Religion - None

    May have a touch of psychopathy.
    You sound like my father. He was a great man.

    You sound a little like me, too, if I could muster more confidence.

    Good to have another Atheist.

    @Starry
    @The Great One
    Enneagram: 6w7 (phobic) > 2w1 > 9w1
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Holland Code: AIS
    Date of Birth: March 15, 1996
    Gender: Male
    Political Stance: Libertarian Liberal (Arizona School/Strong BHL)
    ATHEIST UNITARIAN UNIVERSALIST HUMANIST
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST


    I say this as a reminder to myself, but this goes for everyone:

    You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

    -Magic Qwan

  7. #7
    Senior Member OWK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Posts
    115

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Magic Qwan View Post
    You sound like my father. He was a great man.

    You sound a little like me, too, if I could muster more confidence.

    Good to have another Atheist.

    @Starry
    @The Great One
    Curiously enough, you sound like my son (who is also ENFP)

  8. #8
    The Dark Lord The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne
    Posts
    3,269

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OWK View Post
    Curiously enough, you sound like my son (who is also ENFP)
    That's cool! What a coincedence it would turn out that way?

    At any rate, it is truly a pleasure to welcome you here and I look forward to speaking with you in the future.
    Enneagram: 6w7 (phobic) > 2w1 > 9w1
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Holland Code: AIS
    Date of Birth: March 15, 1996
    Gender: Male
    Political Stance: Libertarian Liberal (Arizona School/Strong BHL)
    ATHEIST UNITARIAN UNIVERSALIST HUMANIST
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST


    I say this as a reminder to myself, but this goes for everyone:

    You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

    -Magic Qwan

  9. #9
    resonance entropie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    783
    Posts
    16,761

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OWK View Post
    May have a touch of psychopathy.
    Welcome to the party
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

  10. #10
    Senior Member yeghor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    2,418

    Default

    Hi...

Similar Threads

  1. [JCF] how common would it be for an ENTP to present as the archetype of ISTP?
    By Thalassa in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 07-31-2014, 04:52 PM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-28-2012, 05:51 AM
  3. [ENTP] How should an ENTP choose a career?
    By YoungGun2112 in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 101
    Last Post: 06-19-2012, 11:06 PM
  4. [INFJ] infjs, what do you think of this? - from an entp
    By velocity in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 02-03-2009, 06:26 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO