User Tag List

First 2345 Last

Thread: G'day?

Bewdy!

MBTI
    INFP

Uhh... strewth! Footy... fair dinkum.... ripper....... macca's........ vee dub........ bludger.............

Yeah, I don't know.

Wait a second, are you in Canberra at the moment, Victor? What be your excuse for being awake this early?

Quote Originally Posted by Laura View Post
    Uhh... strewth! Footy... fair dinkum.... ripper....... macca's........ vee dub........ bludger.............

Yeah, I don't know.

Wait a second, are you in Canberra at the moment, Victor? What be your excuse for being awake this early?
    Dare I say simply to talk to you.

But it is closer to the truth to say I have been napping during the day and I woke up, wide awake.

I am feeling relaxed and I am enjoying conversation here.

Also everyone over there is wide awake, so I have plenty of people to talk to.

It's very quiet here and quite cold, 2 degrees below freezing. But I am in front of my radiant heater writing to Sydney.

I come from Sydney, mainly the Eastern Suburbs.

And I really like Canberra.

MBTI
    INXP

*shares body heat with Ted* *steals radiator* *turns it into a musical instrument* *gets groove on*

http://badges.mypersonality.info/badge/0/6/68764.png
    Ti Ne Fi Ni

-How beautiful, this pale Endymion hour.
    -What are you talking about?
    -Endymion, my dear. A beautiful youth possessed by the moon.
    -Well, forget about him and get to bed.
    -Yes, my dear.

Quote Originally Posted by colmena View Post
    *shares body heat with Ted* *steals radiator* *turns it into a musical instrument* *gets groove on*

The radiator is a bit like a musical instrument - it is a large space heater - so it looks a bit like an accordion.

It is cold here in winter - down to 5 below freezing at night - although the days are bright and sunny.

I grew up in Sydney where we don't really have a winter. So the cold is new to me.

But I have discovered I like the cold because I like moving between the cold and the warmth. And when I come in, I get instant warmth from the radiator. And I can just turn it off when I leave the room - so it is economical as well as warm.

Canberra is beautiful in summer as we are a city in the Bush. But we are also beautiful in winter. And I have often wondered why.

And the answer is the cold and the sunshine. And it is the two together that make Canberra beautiful in winter.

And I think it is a wonderful idea to turn my radiator into an accordion. Yes, yes, it is humming away.

MBTI
    INFP

Well... fair enough, then. I have a tendency to get insomniatic and last night my eyes popped open at arond 3. But, I slept all day so I'm good now.

I live in Bathurst and it can get pretty cold down here as well. Last night it was absolutely freezing. But l like it. I'll take it anyday over hot or humid weather.

Canberra is awesome. And you're right, it is beautiful in winter, and a beautiful city in general.

Yes, Colmena, we have our own website now, just click on -

TED: Ideas worth spreading

Ted.

Quote Originally Posted by Laura View Post
    Well... fair enough, then. I have a tendency to get insomniatic and last night my eyes popped open at arond 3. But, I slept all day so I'm good now.

I live in Bathurst and it can get pretty cold down here as well. Last night it was absolutely freezing. But l like it. I'll take it anyday over hot or humid weather.

Canberra is awesome. And you're right, it is beautiful in winter, and a beautiful city in general.
    My eyes popped open at 3 am last night too. And yes the cold does beat hot and humid.

I've never been to Bathurst, in fact the only place I have travelled to is an island off Rockhampton in Queensland. Most backpackers have seen more of Oz than me.

I am like Will O the Mill who watched the stream tumble down the mountain to the great city on the plain, but remained faithfully at home until the Reaper came to take him away.

Just click on -

Will o' the Mill - Wikisource

MBTI
    INXP

I know TED well. The mystery box one is good. As is the Indian psych chap who finds cures for disorders.

---

I find the cold strangely comforting. When I sit on the shore at night, the breeze from the sea glides about my body, lifts my hair, and chills my neck. I'll scrunch up my duffel coat and bury my chin in it's abiding collar. The moon keeps me warm. Everyone in the world can see the moon, but I know it's just for me on those nights.
    http://badges.mypersonality.info/badge/0/6/68764.png
    Ti Ne Fi Ni

-How beautiful, this pale Endymion hour.
    -What are you talking about?
    -Endymion, my dear. A beautiful youth possessed by the moon.
    -Well, forget about him and get to bed.
    -Yes, my dear.

Everyone in the world can see the moon, but I know it's just for me on those nights.
    And it is, mate.