User Tag List

Thread: "Newbie"

MBTI
    INKP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Default "Newbie"

Wall of text incoming.

Hello all. As the subject implies, I am not really a newbie. I wear the guise of one, but it is falsitude: a ruse intended to trick you, which I will then completely nullify by mentioning that I used to have "Bladewalker" at the end of my username. Commence justification for why I switched, listed numerically for your convenience.

1. There were only about a hundred posts on the old account, and two acquaintances I talked to relatively briefly back in the elder days.

2. "Bladewalker" was too...english. I lost the taste for straightforward names years ago.

3. I haven't been on in any serious capacity for quite possibly several years now. I have changed since that time *cough* probably *cough* and felt something of a new beginning was in order.

These things considered, I decided to spring for a slight change, shortening the name to simply "Iriohm". In all seriousness, though, I hope this doesn't upset anybody. If it does, do tell me, that we may handle the situation like civilized folk. You'll have to bring your own lirpa, though.

On the other hand, if you are completely fine with it, then I salute you as a fellow interweb citizen and move on to the meat of this post, that being why I am here.

It has come increasingly to my attention as of late that, in true five fashion, there is a severe discrepancy between how I think the world is and how the world actually is. Connections between the two cost energy, after all, and I am an energy conscious individual. As an example, I am a dabbling writer. I write a paragraph or two depicting a scene wherein a character of mine suffers an attack of claustrophobia. This scene could receive widespread acclaim from readers, who find said character realistic and sympathetic. I don't know this, of course, because all I see from my point of view is a few poor word choices.

In short, I am flying blind. I need to stop, and to that end now reach out into the scary world of socialization. In particular I am curious as to the psychological differences between genders. I have always held that those differences are superficial, but like I said, I'm not a mind-reader, so I may visit some section later for that. I am also on a quest to find like minds with which I may forge relationships, because I intend to start an independent company in game development one day.

That's way down the road, though. For now, it'd just be nice to talk to people, share an opinion, make a friend, learn something new, etc. If you have made it this far, than congratulations and thank you for taking the time. I look forward to a future of interesting conversations, hopefully not cut short by the apathy that killed the last cycle.

Obligatory smiley face and friendly wave!
    "Quiiri ath metahn i'ashei?"
    Chronically Gephyrophobic

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

welcome back! new beginnings are exciting.

hope your experience here is a good one
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

MBTI
    INKP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Thank you! Anything happen since I was here last?

LadyLazarus

Hey with nine "y's"!

It's always something... PuddleRiver's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Hi Welcome back!
    "In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay one invincible summer."
    ~~~~
    A Christian's life may be the only Bible some people ever read.
    ~~~~
    "The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them" Maya Angelou.
    ~~~~
    I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ" Gandhi
    ~~~~

Hello!
    Welcome to the forum.
    Me also a newbie for this site and just joined this forum.
    It's a good place for the discussion. Hope we will get useful knowledge at this board.
    Last edited by Laurence125; 03-29-2014 at 03:40 AM.
    Adam Prowse Personal Trainer,
    2/539 High Street Maitland,
    New South Wales 2320, Australia

MBTI
    INKP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Welcome to you as well, in that case, and indeed. I did have some nice discussions here in the past. Now we both can!