User Tag List

Default Belated Introduction

Salutations, my name is Voxx and I have absolutely no idea what MBTI type I really am. All that I know is that I am a supreme introvert who is way too clueless to figure out what the last three letters of my type are.

The reasons as to why I have joined MBTI central are; a. self discovery b. access to more functions and, c. because I have finally got an email address to bastardize for my own purposes.

I have discovered the MBTI through my studies of the enneagram. Since I have found the descriptions for the nine types to be somewhat two dimensional, I am hoping that the MBTI will be more promising. The MBTI seems more trivial and complex to me than the enneagram does, and that is why it holds more of my interest. I still (after three years of studying the enneagram) do not know which one of the nine types I am, solely do to the enneagrams' emphasis on an individuals' motivations. I cannot relate to any of the motivations it offers for type discovery, and every personality test that I take, I take with a grain of salt.

My primary reasons for studying the MBTI are to help me figure out who I am, how people work, and (sadly enough) if I have the potiental to fall in love with someone.

I am a female over 18 years of age who doesn't socialize much. I am going to a community college in September to study philosophy, psychology, and sociology. My life is borderline average, so there is nothing really interesting to say about myself. I have developed an innate habit for lurking over the years, so I probably won't post very much while I'm here.

Thank you for your time

~Voss

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Welcome to MBTI Central, Voxx

It's a great place to learn about MBTI.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5x/o

If you're new, how is it belated? Welcome.

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Yo.

My life is borderline average, so there is nothing really interesting to say about myself.
    I don't believe that for a second!
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

It's always something... PuddleRiver's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Hi Welcome, very nice to meet you!
    "In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay one invincible summer."
    ~~~~
    A Christian's life may be the only Bible some people ever read.
    ~~~~
    "The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them" Maya Angelou.
    ~~~~
    I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ" Gandhi
    ~~~~

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Murr... ever tried taking any of the tests? Maybe you need initial points of reference for a kick start. Either way, welcome to the nuthouse. =^.^=
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Hi Voss, welcome. There's a cool-looking water named after you.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Voxx View Post
    Salutations, my name is Voxx and I have absolutely no idea what MBTI type I really am. All that I know is that I am a supreme introvert who is way too clueless to figure out what the last three letters of my type are.
    IN_P

The reasons as to why I have joined MBTI central are; a. self discovery b. access to more functions and, c. because I have finally got an email address to bastardize for my own purposes.
    Congratulation, welcome to the 90s. Have a Pepsi Clear.

I have discovered the MBTI through my studies of the enneagram. Since I have found the descriptions for the nine types to be somewhat two dimensional, I am hoping that the MBTI will be more promising.
    It is. It's 4 dimensional.

The MBTI seems more trivial and complex to me than the enneagram does, and that is why it holds more of my interest.
    I don't know much about enneagram, but I thought it was more rooted in spiritual development by working one's way around the star-thingy.

I still (after three years of studying the enneagram) do not know which one of the nine types I am, solely do to the enneagrams' emphasis on an individuals' motivations. I cannot relate to any of the motivations it offers for type discovery, and every personality test that I take, I take with a grain of salt.
    IMO, these tests only explain what you tell them, nothing more. If you don't take the test that seriously, your results will be lacking. On the other hand, maybe the fact that you can't take the test indicates some deeper truth about personality, and even about reality.

My primary reasons for studying the MBTI are to help me figure out who I am, how people work, and (sadly enough) if I have the potiental to fall in love with someone.
    Lots of people do the love thing. It's not a terrible idea, but I think it's best if you keep MBTI in the back of your mind when you meet people, so as to avoid mislabeling and artificially steering both the conversation and your own reactions to be consistent with the type-labels you attach. Better to let things flow. The who I am bit is why we're all here, methinks.

I am a female over 18 years of age who doesn't socialize much. I am going to a community college in September to study philosophy, psychology, and sociology. My life is borderline average, so there is nothing really interesting to say about myself. I have developed an innate habit for lurking over the years, so I probably won't post very much while I'm here.
    I don't believe that there's nothing interesting to say about you. That sounds like total crap. (Is that why you don't socialize much? Hm.) The philo, psych and soc combo sounds pretty awesome. I studied psych and a little philosophy until I came to understand that all I was expected to do was regurgitate what other dead people had already said. I was kinda disappointed. Maybe you'll have a better experience with it, though.

Thank you for your time

~Voss
    It's nice to meet you. Please post here. Too many people come and go. This can be a great place to explore who you are and why you do the things you do. You just have to jump in. The general way things go is, as I have seen:

* Start a thread in the "What's my Type?" subforum where you can get some direction and get started.
    * See how amazingly the profile (I'm shooting for INFP) matches your personality and get excited.
    * Start posting and reading about certain topics.
    * Start some threads asking if something you do is type-related.
    * Start threads that have nothing to do with MBTI and everything to do with particular crises and dilemmas you're facing. I happen to enjoy this level of posting the most. Stick around...