User Tag List

First 12345 Last

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Quote Originally Posted by Alea_iacta_est View Post
    And you typed me as this once XD.
    Yes that's true. I was shooting in the dark though.

Socionics
    ILI

Also ALL of you who aren't either pursuing or have social science degrees in areas related to personality research need to cut that shit right the bleep now!!! Technically by advising people on psychological and sociological matters, particularly without their expressed permission you're breaking the law and can hurt someone. Just STOP On the other hand you could just be saying this to get me riled up in which case well played, but I'm just going to block you from this point forward so there's that ...
    I'll stockpile this for Je expression through Fe.

Bolded bit for Fe-Ni mechanism.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    2w1 so/sp

TCK's don't feel they belong in any of the countries (plural) they grew up in. Because we spend our time in multiple places we don't get indoctrinated into a particular culture like people who spend their whole lives in one culture do. It explains more in the link.

Both the MBTI and the Enneagram are fluffy, in fact most of the tests don't use Jung's (or anyone else legit) theories in the manner they're supposed to be used! On the other hand like all of these tests they are useful to a certain extent in roughly understanding an individuals personality.

I empathize with children and those in need, because I see my former self in them. As for adults I'm usually aloof or merely "warm" but not emotionally intimate, I use thinking to figure out what I have in common with them to make them feel/work better even if it's superficial bonding. I save my truest level of empathy for people who earn my respect first by being competent at what they do and/or ask for it and have proven themselves to be generally of a high honest level over time. I'm very empathetic with those who deserve it but have no real empathy beyond the mere Agapic empathy/love most humans have for all humans. For people who are psychopathic fuck-ups I've no empathy AT ALL and if they are squishing others I wish to work towards structural changes which will squash them like bugs. Oddly high functioning relatively social "weirdo" sociopaths and BDP sufferers if they are highly creative/intelligent however I find fascinating - though again metered level of emotional intimacy.

However I'm usually open with my thoughts, given in a certain way most people will assume your feelings follow (even when they don't or are far deeper than that) and it gives an apparency that more feeling types need to feel comfortable and help them along towards becoming their best and meeting the mutual groups goals.

While I get why people are suspicious based on the rarity of the combination - it's a trait I find highly unattractive. There are ways of debating disagreement, and expressing discontent that use tact and don't make negative assumptions towards the other person. Holding feelings/thoughts in is one thing, outright dishonesty especially meant to manipulate for personal gain ~ ugh.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    2w1 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Alea_iacta_est View Post
    iPersonic and Regular MBTI act on dichotomy based testing, a form that is more akin to Astrology than what Jung actually intended. To discover your actual type, you must learn the differences between the 8 Jungian Cognitive Functions (Fe, Te, Ti, Fi, Ni, Ne, Se, Si) and how they work as mechanisms (i.e. Ti-Ne, Fe-Ni, Ni-Te, etc) and it would be helpful to understand the function archetypes of the Hero, Parent, Child, Anima/Animus, Antihero (Opposing Personality Complex), Critical Parent (Witch/Senex), Trickster, and Daemon (or Demonic Personality Complex).

To put this in perspective, if I were to go by what I test in those systems, I would be an INTP, meaning that I would be working on developing functions that are my shadow processes in reality.

Tests like this will allow you to arrive at a general consensus for your valued functions (usually) if you approach it with an objective, self-aware mind and are not tainted by the Forer Effect.

Oooh this test is Prof. Dario Nardi's - he's a blast at conferences and a fellow TCK (he lived part of his childhood in Barbados). Thanks for the test

You are correct iPersonic like MBTI is not perfect because people have all the functions so both are incomplete. I'll give you MBTI is like astrology but iPersonic fits/passed the blinded requirements of testing which the MBTI doesn't so is relatively scientific but ysmv mine can be considered a bit more lenient than some in the socsci/sci fields but stricter than those not in those fields.

On the other hand ... when a person makes a statement you disagree with do you frequently assume that the other person must (or even most likely) is missing the data they don't openly state? Personally I've found it wise to take a play out of the more feeling type's book and ask the person, state it like a question rather than an instruction. You'll avoid potentially insulting the person you are conversing with who does know it as well as get more compliance out of the person who doesn't into looking up or doing whatever it is because they'll basically decide to do it on their own.

I also see you used Dr. John Beebe's versus Dr. Linda Berens names for the archetypes, I prefer Beren's no unintentional misogyny in it's nomenclature.

Unapologetic being Evolving Transparency's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

Quote Originally Posted by AnthroPolyBee View Post
    TCK's don't feel they belong in any of the countries (plural) they grew up in. Because we spend our time in multiple places we don't get indoctrinated into a particular culture like people who spend their whole lives in one culture do. It explains more in the link.

Both the MBTI and the Enneagram are fluffy, in fact most of the tests don't use Jung's (or anyone else legit) theories in the manner they're supposed to be used! On the other hand like all of these tests they are useful to a certain extent in roughly understanding an individuals personality.

I empathize with children and those in need, because I see my former self in them. As for adults I'm usually aloof or merely "warm" but not emotionally intimate, I use thinking to figure out what I have in common with them to make them feel/work better even if it's superficial bonding. I save my truest level of empathy for people who earn my respect first by being competent at what they do and/or ask for it and have proven themselves to be generally of a high honest level over time. I'm very empathetic with those who deserve it but have no real empathy beyond the mere Agapic empathy/love most humans have for all humans. For people who are psychopathic fuck-ups I've no empathy AT ALL and if they are squishing others I wish to work towards structural changes which will squash them like bugs. Oddly high functioning relatively social "weirdo" sociopaths and BDP sufferers if they are highly creative/intelligent however I find fascinating - though again metered level of emotional intimacy.

However I'm usually open with my thoughts, given in a certain way most people will assume your feelings follow (even when they don't or are far deeper than that) and it gives an apparency that more feeling types need to feel comfortable and help them along towards becoming their best and meeting the mutual groups goals.

While I get why people are suspicious based on the rarity of the combination - it's a trait I find highly unattractive. There are ways of debating disagreement, and expressing discontent that use tact and don't make negative assumptions towards the other person. Holding feelings/thoughts in is one thing, outright dishonesty especially meant to manipulate for personal gain ~ ugh.
    Was this to me?

If it is, I was asking about your knowledge of enneagram and the TCK's and such, cause the people in that link...seemed like 7's

Do you relate to enneagram seven at all?

I'm asking cause I've seen another 7 start a thread out like this, with an exceptionally "rare" combination of types....and they reacted in a similar fashion when everyone was all up in their business about their type...

Here's a piece defining the differences between the two enneatypes.

Which list do you identify with more??

7 and 2

Mistyping frequency: often (usually 7s mistype as 2s)

Seven
    Emotionally volatile
    Seek adventure
    Focus on enjoyment
    Helps self
    Want freedom
    Detached
    Cerebral
    Let go
    Want company
    Activities
    Can be caustic
    Forgets promises
    Abrasive humour

Two
    Emotionally stable
    Seek intimacy
    Focus on people
    Helps others
    Want merging
    Possessive
    Sentimental
    Clingy
    Want closeness
    Relationships
    Considerate
    Keeps promises
    Kind humour

(disregard if this wasn't to me, or if you don't want input on your type.)
    "Once the game is over, the Pawn and the King go back into the same box"

Freedom isn't free.
    "Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear." ~ Orwell
    I'm that person that embodies pretty much everything that you hate. Might as well get used to it.
    Unapologetically bonding in an uninhibited, propelled manner
    10w12

Socionics
    ILI

Oooh this test is Prof. Dario Nardi's - he's a blast at conferences and a fellow TCK (he lived part of his childhood in Barbados). Thanks for the test

You are correct iPersonic like MBTI is not perfect because people have all the functions so both are incomplete. I'll give you MBTI is like astrology but iPersonic fits/passed the blinded requirements of testing which the MBTI doesn't so is relatively scientific but ysmv mine can be considered a bit more lenient than some in the socsci/sci fields but stricter than those not in those fields.

On the other hand ... when a person makes a statement you disagree with do you frequently assume that the other person must (or even most likely) is missing the data they don't openly state? Personally I've found it wise to take a play out of the more feeling type's book and ask the person, state it like a question rather than an instruction. You'll avoid potentially insulting the person you are conversing with who does know it as well as get more compliance out of the person who doesn't into looking up or doing whatever it is because they'll basically decide to do it on their own.

I also see you used Dr. John Beebe's versus Dr. Linda Berens names for the archetypes, I prefer Beren's no unintentional misogyny in it's nomenclature.
    iPersonic, however, is still dichotomy-based testing in a form that can easily be corrupted by the Forer Effect and any past knowledge of any typology systems. It's a 4 question test with the classical E vs I, N vs S, F vs T, and J vs P rather than the different function attitudes, which leads to some eventual mistypes.

Also, with the paragraph under that, I am reassured that this will, in fact, be a Supervision interpersonal relation (in terms of Socionics) between us rather than a mirror.

Straight up APB, you're a feeler, not an ENTJ or NT.

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Quote Originally Posted by andante View Post
    Straight up APB, you're a feeler, not an ENTJ or NT.
    Aw, poor OP.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Welcome to the forum AnthroPolyBee! It's nice to meet you. I won't question your self-typing without being asked first, but I've been listening for inferior Fi and not hearing any in your posts so far. Will let you know when I do.

If I got hurt by any of you online it wouldn't matter much because I'd just kill the account and real life would still be operating soundly.
    What if you hurt one of us? Or hurt this group? Are you saying we don't matter much by extension? We are real people behind these usernames, after all.
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sp

Also ALL of you who aren't either pursuing or have social science degrees in areas related to personality research need to cut that shit right the bleep now!!! Technically by advising people on psychological and sociological matters, particularly without their expressed permission you're breaking the law and can hurt someone. Just STOP On the other hand you could just be saying this to get me riled up in which case well played, but I'm just going to block you from this point forward so there's that ...[/FONT]
    What if I am pursuing a degree in one of those things? Does that mean I can call you an ENFJ?

Also, I don't recall any law that resembles what you are citing... Additionally, one could very easily argue that joining a forum in order to discuss psychological and sociological matters you are in fact expressing consent. Just saying.

But, needless to say, I agree with the lot. I'm not seeing the T, particularly not an NT temperament.
    Friends, waffles, work

"The problem is, when you depend on a substitute for love, you can never get enough" - Louis Cozolino

3w2 6w7 1w2
    *Gryffindor*