User Tag List

Thread: Thank you and Hello:)

Default Thank you and Hello:)

I am a ENFJ! No one can hold me down! Who's a ENFJ? Me! Who's a ENFJ? Me! I finally figured it out! Do you know how happy I am to finally figure this crap out? I mean after constant obsessing, questioning myself, helpless bystanders, friends and family, and after analyzing comments on mbti forums and you tube I finally figured it out. And now I want to tell all! And I am starting with this board! Thanks so much to everyone who tried to help me in figuring it out! Hello, typology community!

I just want to thank everyone who comments on this board because I've learned so much about myself and about others who may or may not be the same type that you are. Thanks for all of the insightful comments that you have gifted me with! Thank you for writing comments that had me second guessing my type (seriously.. it helped me learn more about who I am)> Thank you for each of you just being yourself and sharing yourself with me and anyone else out there who is reading your comments. You may not know it but a lot of people are trying to come to an understanding of who they are for whatever reason and your comments mean a great lot because they now have a buttload of examples of how differerent types process things and it really helps to be like, "that's me! NO, that's not me!!! I never think like that! Do I think like that? Mom, do you think that I think like that? Best friend, do you think like this? Compared to me, how often do I do this?"

Asking these questions really help people figure out there type and even if they never figure out there type or even if they think that the MBTI is just stupid and find it horrific that people are categorizing themsleves in such a manner, when you comment it does help people get a little close to understanding who they are and others that they care about, are forced to live with, or have to work with. So thanks typology central and hello!

729 sx/sp
    IEE Ne

HELLO! Nobody can hold you down for sure. Do yo thing!
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

How sure are you of your type?

Like 80% sure. Why do you ask? Please don't tell me you think I am not an enfj.. That would totally depress me.(jk)..(but not really)

What helped me figure it out was because I was talking to an enfp (I thought that I was an enfp at one time.) about the differences between fi and fe. At first I thought we were the same type because we are both very perceptive about people and come to the same conclusions about people. Also, we both have similar issues with dealing with people. But I found that we process things differently.

I THINK about how people feel in terms of how I would feel about it. While she is more able to THINK about what people feel in how they would actually feel about it. I take on people's feelings emotionally. (I feel what they feel and a lot of times this can cause trouble for me because it a. stresses me out b. i want to help them and this could lead to problems for me)
    She on the on the other hand, personalizes everything, so while she can empathize with people it isnt as stressful. Also when a friend is stressed out she reacts differently because while she may understand how they feel, she is more concerned with how the situation is making her feel and therefore finds it easier to step back and understand the logic behind the feelings in a way that than I can't. (I am working on it.) (I am not saying that other enfj's are incapable of this. I am just saying that it is something I need to work on)

I hope that this makes since and I am not trying to say that she is selfish or something because I don't think that at all. And honestly, I think that she is able to think about relationships more objectively than I am. I have a real hard time stepping away from how something is making someone feel. I honestly don't think that one way is better than the other, though I do wish that I could be like her sometimes in this regard because she gets stressed out about what she personalizes and I get stressed out about how other people's feeling are making me feel.

Welcome, tater.

It's always something... Array PuddleRiver's Avatar

Hi Welcome aboard!
    "In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay one invincible summer."
    A Christian's life may be the only Bible some people ever read.
    "The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them" Maya Angelou.
    I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ" Gandhi