User Tag List

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 so/sp

Default I'm good at following instructions.. guess which type I am? :P

Hello, I am introducing myself as suggested.

I'm an INTP, Enneagram 6w5 so. Most of the time I think I'm the only one in the world like me. I'm having a really shitty day (are we allowed to swear?) related heavily to anxiety and hating myself, and I did some searches and read some of the posts here and I'm feeling a little better, so thx.

I'm married to an INTJ 5w4 who is my stability and is wonderful and patient.

I have been heavily into MBTI, but in my frantic absorbtion I am at somewhat of a dead-end as far as what it's doing for me, so I think I am more officially moving on to an Enneagram obsession. I briefly read The Wisdom of the Enneagram and have read a little about it online, but I'm mostly new to it as a system. I have an INFP 9w8 friend who is pretty well versed in it, tho, and she has been giving me some pointers and insights.

One thing that has struck me about the Enneagram is how clearly I am a 6. It is undeniable. I find it some amount of solace that my psychotic brain is actually a "thing", and I'm not just some sort of isolated malfunction, as is my tendency to believe.

Looking forward to trying this site out! I have joined INTPforum.com, but INTPs can be kind of a weird self-absorbed and relationally disfunctional group. It's a little weird and seems kind of unfruitful to try for much variety in discussion there. It can be fun, but doesn't seem to offer much as far as growth potential that I'm trying with all my sixness to "soak up", if you will.

So, anyway... Again, hello. If any one has more questions or suggestions on things I should introduce about myself, feel free to share.

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Welcome to the forum fellow 6w5.

You'll learn a lot about enneagram here, don't be afraid to ask questions.

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by JennaSayQuoi View Post
    Hello, I am introducing myself as suggested.
    Looking forward to trying this site out! I have joined INTPforum.com, but INTPs can be kind of a weird self-absorbed and relationally disfunctional group. It's a little weird and seems kind of unfruitful to try for much variety in discussion there. It can be fun, but doesn't seem to offer much as far as growth potential that I'm trying with all my sixness to "soak up", if you will.
    Welcome!

I found that out too about INTPforum. That's why I prefer this place. I think you'll like it here.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sp

One thing that has struck me about the Enneagram is how clearly I am a 6. It is undeniable. I find it some amount of solace that my psychotic brain is actually a "thing", and I'm not just some sort of isolated malfunction, as is my tendency to believe.
    I can so relate to this with my "twoness" as well as with 6 being my head fix. That moment of "Wait, other people think like this too?!" was certainly an interesting one.

Oh, and welcome to the forum!
    Friends, waffles, work

"The problem is, when you depend on a substitute for love, you can never get enough" - Louis Cozolino

3w2 6w7 1w2
    *Gryffindor*

It's always something... PuddleRiver's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Hi Welcome, glad to meet you.
    "In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay one invincible summer."
    ~~~~
    A Christian's life may be the only Bible some people ever read.
    ~~~~
    "The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them" Maya Angelou.
    ~~~~
    I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ" Gandhi
    ~~~~

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Nights and Days View Post
    Welcome to the forum fellow 6w5.

You'll learn a lot about enneagram here, don't be afraid to ask questions.
    Thanks! I tend to kind of cycle between being really certain and thinking of a million questions that I don't know the answers to. :P It will be nice to be able to get some feedback!

Quote Originally Posted by Such Irony View Post
    Welcome!

I found that out too about INTPforum. That's why I prefer this place. I think you'll like it here.
    Cool. lol I love the Fe theme you have going on, btw. Delightful.

Quote Originally Posted by Showbread View Post
    I can so relate to this with my "twoness" as well as with 6 being my head fix. That moment of "Wait, other people think like this too?!" was certainly an interesting one.

Oh, and welcome to the forum!
    Thx! It is nice. I felt that when I found out about INTP type, but I seem to also be really different from a lot of them, which makes me feel, again, like I'm some sort of anomaly. :/ But, in reality, everyone probably is.

So... this is something I still don't know about the Enneagram.. Are you saying you have a different type for head, heart, and body?

I was reading about the instinctual variants and I feel like I have a particular one with my 5wing that isn't the same as the one for my main 6. I think I'm a social instinct, but the five self-preservation seemed very true for me. There are so many different combinations- so many more than MBTI. It's a little daunting and really exciting at the same time. I love having so much ahead to learn, but I also want to already know everything. lol

Quote Originally Posted by PuddleRiver View Post
    Hi Welcome, glad to meet you.
    Hi. You, too, thank you.

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sp

So... this is something I still don't know about the Enneagram.. Are you saying you have a different type for head, heart, and body?
    Kind of. You have your core type, that fits you better than all the others. And then if you want to get into trityping, you find out which type of the other two you relate with most. So, my tritype is 268. I'm a core 2w1, but I also really relate to 6w7 and 8w9. There should be some resources for tritype if you scan the Enneagram area.
    Friends, waffles, work

"The problem is, when you depend on a substitute for love, you can never get enough" - Louis Cozolino

3w2 6w7 1w2
    *Gryffindor*

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Showbread View Post
    Kind of. You have your core type, that fits you better than all the others. And then if you want to get into trityping, you find out which type of the other two you relate with most. So, my tritype is 268. I'm a core 2w1, but I also really relate to 6w7 and 8w9. There should be some resources for tritype if you scan the Enneagram area.
    Awesome. I lub it. Thank you!

MBTI
    yupp

If you're gonna to tell us to guess your type, you can't immediately tell us what it is. I would welcome you but I want to leave you in suspense if I will do so in the next day or so. That's how you do it. Not guess what!? then tell us what.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

Banned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram

Id recommend eating celery for your anxiety. Does wonders

Oh, and welcome!