User Tag List

123 Last

Default You're going to TYPE MEEE!

Prologue: Used to be homeschooled, parents are ENFJ and INTP so we have very hipster-y tastes. We'd go to church groups, homeschool field trips, and from what my INTP mom said, all the teachers/parents/pastors and whatnot thought I was some sort of a "genius."

When the economy got a little worse, my mom needed to get a new job and we had to go to public school. When this happened, I got up on my soapbox about how "All of us being in this tiny room is horrible! Public school is prison!" I was actually kind of a jerk back then.

I've never been "socially awkward," but always unstable. The school made a "paraprofessional" follow me around class to class, and I got REALLY angry at this. I felt like they were treating me like some sort of lab experiment rather than real human.

I'm actually kind of a loudmouth and the only one ever raising his hand in class when everybody else is silent. When I get really HOO-RAH and excited about my opinion, people look at me like I'm mentally ill. The only thing I'm certain about is that I'm a pretty strong extrovert, relatively undaunted by others' opinions. Maybe a feeler, but still unsure.

I have a very good memory. I actually think I remember pure information better than personal memories...I'm just a teenager and already I forget half of my life, yet I can summarize the history of Equestria. (I'm a Brony, but my INFP brother started that.)

Based on how much of a loose cannon I am, I'd think I was an Fe-type, but I don't behave that way. I pretty much kick aside social niceties and rules. They're really pointless. I say, do what you want, and if someone else things you're hurting them, it's their job to stand their ground and tell you to step back. I HATE unwritten social rules. They are the cancer of civilization.

I'd say I was Fi-type, but it's hard to say what I really value. The only indication I'm a feeler at all is how I periodically break down into self-centered whining fits for no reason at all.

My ENFJ dad says he sees totalitarian traits in me, but only based on things I've said. I have this nasty habit of expressing a strong opinion before I'm absolutely certain where I stand on it. Whenever I rant, people think I'm sick-headed instead of joining in to discuss the topic with me.

Also, my ENFJ dad says I don't put enough value on people. More specifically, though, on society. I think individuals are good-natured when I meet them, but overall, I hate when multiple people work together on the same project. It's this big cloud of coercion, oneness, the dissolution of any separate consciousness. I "like" persons, but people are terrible.

I'm pretty nice to people I meet. Hyperactive.

I hate planning, I hate systematic organization, I hate paying attention, I hate having to be proactive.

More details will follow. Overall, I'm thinking ENFP or ESFJ, ENFP because I seem to fit the cliche of the young ditzy genius who aces tests without studying, and ESFJ because my life's basically not going anywhere and it's really my fault, no excuse.

welcome

It's always something... PuddleRiver's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Hi
    "In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay one invincible summer."
    ~~~~
    A Christian's life may be the only Bible some people ever read.
    ~~~~
    "The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them" Maya Angelou.
    ~~~~
    I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ" Gandhi
    ~~~~

MBTI
    INFJ
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Welcome.

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Hey ENFP.

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

yeah, i'm gonna say ENFP 7w8.

I say, do what you want, and if someone else things you're hurting them, it's their job to stand their ground and tell you to step back. I HATE unwritten social rules. They are the cancer of civilization.
    ^ haha, yes.
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

yeah, i'm gonna say ENFP 7w8.
    @five sounds

Hmmm...Just to be sure, I'm gonna play devil's advocate and say I'm not ENFP, because if I were told I was ENFP, that would inflate my ego and I would subconsciously manipulate my results to make myself look like one, because "It fits so perfectly!"

My INFP brother would say I'm an SJ, probably because of my nihilist views on humanity. He once said I sounded like a Guardian at the beginning of the debate, but as I explained my internal beliefs I seemed slightly more NF.
    My N-type family isn't sure I'm an N because in a discussion, I try to concretely reason things out rather than depend on instinct, but keep in mind my INFP brother actually got Ni as his highest function on a test, so that might factor in.

My ENFJ dad said I seemed unempathetic in my earlier childhood. I don't know what to do with that piece of information.

When I share an opinion I really deeply believe in, I get all "HOO-RAH!" and sound really really angry even though I'm not, and the people listening stop paying attention to my argument and start looking at me like I'm mentally ill. That's why I considered SJ, because of anger. Many xNFPs say they have good control over anger, but I speculate that a lot of "ENFPs" who say they're "a little bit introverted" and "life's a bowl of kitten-flavored ice cream" are mistyped ISFPs.

I've been told I come up with grandiose, all-encompassing theories about how the universe works, based on nothing, but I interpret everything wrong and I don't take all the facts into account, and it sounds like bullcrap.

Also...EJarendee said that "If I went up to you and said 'You're not this type,' and that hurts your feelings--then you are not a Ti user. Period." I get that way, so I'd say I was Fi.
    But then he used an example where the Ti-Fe said "I think you're lighthearted"
    and the Fi-user said "Define lighthearted..."
    and the Ti-Fe said something like "look at the frickin' Webster Dictionary definition!"
    I do this too, but this sounds like ESFJ "sidestepping" that they do in times of conflict.

Also, I never shy away from confrontation...as a matter of fact, I've been told I pursue it...so that's an argument against ESFJ, but I hardly think ENFPs like that kinda thing, either.

And playing the devil's advocate like I just did proves how histrionic I am.
    Last edited by Cygnus; 02-20-2014 at 03:42 PM.

Socionics
    ILI

ENFP 7w8. I feel the impulsitivity radiating from your words.

Though, on second thought, could be an unhealthy ENTP 7w8 with inflated tertiary right now. Ne-Fe loop produces a Narcisstic-esque personality that can be exceptionally domineering.

Tritype: Most likely 7w8 - 8w7 - 3w2 so/sx or sx/so

Ne-Fe loop produces a Narcisstic-esque personality that can be exceptionally domineering.
    This exactly. That's why I'm convinced I'm an unhealthy ESFJ. No way I'm an NT. All the NT's I know think I'm a ditz.

Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilogen View Post
    This exactly. That's why I'm convinced I'm an unhealthy ESFJ. No way I'm an NT. All the NT's I know think I'm a ditz.
    Well you practically radiate a Pe function which means that you are an irrational type (Pi, Pe dom) and that we can narrow the field.

You are most likely either an ESTP, ENTP, ENFP, or ESFP.

The most authoritarian of them is the ESTP, Se can also create a very domineering personality if you have an ESTP 7w8 or 8w7.

Also, Se-Fe loops correspond to Histronic-esque (excessive attention-seeking) personalities.