User Tag List

First 45678 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Alea_iacta_est View Post
    Thinking how things should be is a quality of all intuitives (and some sensors), ascribing it to the flawed J/P dichotomy is an error.
    True, but bear in mind the person who noticed this is ENTJ, essentially the same thing as you. To add to this, she said herself the school used to use actual MBTI before switching to the cheaper Keirsey, so she has experience with cognitive functions. Second, what you see of me is filtered thru what I put on the internet: you can read my impulsivity, but not diagnose other noticeable odd behaviors because I did not notice them myself and have not posted them.

You know what's creepy? All the cliches I've heard about ENTJ are wrong in my experience. Every ENTJ teacher I've had, I liked. I thought myself she was a Feeler. ENTJs I guess are a bit more inadvertently accommodating because of their extreme logic and honesty.

I've also noticed I have a lot of stubbornness. ENFJ dad kept calling me out on it for being "rigid," and I was thinking "What is this guy talking about? I'm not rigid! I don't follow a distinct set of puritanical guidelines! I do what I want no matter what!" Turns out he was actually referring to my refusal to change my behavior to accommodate for what other people had to say. They actually thought I was ENTJ for a while, and maybe still do. (But I'm not.)

Quote Originally Posted by Alea_iacta_est View Post
    Thinking how things should be is a quality of all intuitives (and some sensors), ascribing it to the flawed J/P dichotomy is an error.
    Also I think she put emphasis on "things should be this one way" when describing Judgement. Fe is less likely because she also said I seemed to block out others' opinions and do what I felt.

I want my account deleted
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilogen View Post
    She said I seemed convinced that I was right, regardless of others' opinions. She still noticed the connection-making we attribute to Ne, but she figured I was J because apparently I had my own way of thinking how things should be, that they should be a certain way.

Thoughts? Because this pretty much blasts everything else up here clear out of the airfield.
    I've also noticed I have a lot of stubbornness. ENFJ dad kept calling me out on it for being "rigid," and I was thinking "What is this guy talking about? I'm not rigid! I don't follow a distinct set of puritanical guidelines! I do what I want no matter what!" Turns out he was actually referring to my refusal to change my behavior to accommodate for what other people had to say. They actually thought I was ENTJ for a while, and maybe still do. (But I'm not.)
    In the context of this discussion (to the extent that I'm actually following it correctly), this seems to me like it could easily be Fi. You're still typing as likely ENFP, yes? So that could fit. But at the same time, I don't know what that's like in the aux position (NeFi), I'm used to encountering it in the dominant. I can say that the bolded parts above pretty accurately describe my INFP partner.

True, but bear in mind the person who noticed this is ENTJ, essentially the same thing as you. ...

You know what's creepy? All the cliches I've heard about ENTJ are wrong in my experience. Every ENTJ teacher I've had, I liked. I thought myself she was a Feeler. ENTJs I guess are a bit more inadvertently accommodating because of their extreme logic and honesty.
    Doesn't your teacher have better things to do...like act as a CEO with a 7+ figure salary or conquer the world or something?

Is he/she or are you sure about the ENTJ thing...?

Quote Originally Posted by Werebudgie View Post
    In the context of this discussion (to the extent that I'm actually following it correctly), this seems to me like it could easily be Fi. You're still typing as likely ENFP, yes? So that could fit. But at the same time, I don't know what that's like in the aux position (NeFi), I'm used to encountering it in the dominant. I can say that the bolded parts above pretty accurately describe my INFP partner.
    I am with @Werebudgie on this one...Your reluctance "to change your behavior to accommodate for what other people had to say" may be too much self-centeredness related with too strong Fi...It becomes more evident/expressed externally when the Fi user is an extravert...i.e. when Fi is in auxiliary position...

Quote Originally Posted by yeghor View Post
    Doesn't your teacher have better things to do...like act as a CEO with a 7+ figure salary or conquer the world or something?

Is he/she or are you sure about the ENTJ thing...?

I am with @Werebudgie on this one...Your reluctance "to change your behavior to accommodate for what other people had to say" may be too much self-centeredness related with too strong Fi...It becomes more evident/expressed externally when the Fi user is an extravert...i.e. when Fi is in auxiliary position...
    But can this look like J?

But can this look like J?
    It may signify either a lack of empathy or too much self-centeredness...Accommodating thing comes from Fe...Your place in the Fe-Fi spectrum determines how much weight you give to other people's priorities/preferences...

So that may be an extraverted P type with too much Fi...or too little Fe...ExxP

or an extraverted J type with too much Fi...or too little Fe...ExTJ...you sound too colorful/expressive to be a TJ though...

Just guessing here...

Socionics
    ILI

Also I think she put emphasis on "things should be this one way" when describing Judgement. Fe is less likely because she also said I seemed to block out others' opinions and do what I felt.
    Hmmm. For dichotomy based purposes, that would indicate "J-ness", but for actual JCF, that might be more akin to the "mold your environment" Te. I need time to process this information.

MBTI
    SeNi
    Enneagram
    8+7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SeTi

Si instead of Ni because Si is all about the internalized physical world. Se-users are concerned about exhilarating physical experience, but also react most strongly to pain. They are able to compensate for this through Si-ignoring, in effect de-realizing their physical selves in favor of oneness with environs.
    I liked that desc!

I want my account deleted
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by yeghor View Post
    Just to be clear, I myself wasn't making an assessment of "too much self-centeredness" or "too strong Fi" in my own comment. I was just saying that the description seemed like regular normal Fi to me given what I know about how it works (admittedly in a Fi-dom).

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

No
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett