User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Based off of your avatar and your thread title I say ENFP.
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    Based off of your avatar and your thread title I say ENFP.
    Assuming there are no Brony ESFPs or delusional ESFPs who want to appear special.

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilogen View Post
    @five sounds

Hmmm...Just to be sure, I'm gonna play devil's advocate and say I'm not ENFP, because if I were told I was ENFP, that would inflate my ego and I would subconsciously manipulate my results to make myself look like one, because "It fits so perfectly!"
    lol, no problem. this is a prettayy Ne thing to do btw

My INFP brother would say I'm an SJ, probably because of my nihilist views on humanity. He once said I sounded like a Guardian at the beginning of the debate, but as I explained my internal beliefs I seemed slightly more NF.
    My N-type family isn't sure I'm an N because in a discussion, I try to concretely reason things out rather than depend on instinct, but keep in mind my INFP brother actually got Ni as his highest function on a test, so that might factor in.
    what do you mean by concretely reasoning out things? since Ne is an extroverted function, it's very much based on the real world. it's where we get our inspiration from. i can't always explain how i came to a conclusion, but it's very often based on things i've observed in the outside world.

My ENFJ dad said I seemed unempathetic in my earlier childhood. I don't know what to do with that piece of information.
    Fi vs. Fe. as an ENFJ, your dad's dominant function is all about being considerate, minding people's feelings, etc. Fi can seem like a bull in an emotional china shop to Fe, because Fi believes that as long as it's speaking/living its truth, that is the greater good. saving feelings is not a priority when something is a 'non-negotiable' to Fi. moreover, it's hard for Fi to even try to, because any compromise of the truth to save someone's feelings is, just uncomfortable. i'm a terrible liar. and the best way i 'save feelings' is often by keeping my mouth shut.

When I share an opinion I really deeply believe in, I get all "HOO-RAH!" and sound really really angry even though I'm not, and the people listening stop paying attention to my argument and start looking at me like I'm mentally ill. That's why I considered SJ, because of anger. Many xNFPs say they have good control over anger, but I speculate that a lot of "ENFPs" who say they're "a little bit introverted" and "life's a bowl of kitten-flavored ice cream" are mistyped ISFPs.
    that's the 8-wing catching your Fi fire i do believe. i can get FIRED UP when i'm sharing my opinion on something i deeply believe in. it's that righteous, OH HELL NAW kinda anger that makes me feel like a crazy mom lifting up a Bently with one arm to save my baby. the 8 though, that's gonna bring the aggression. i'm rarely aggressive, i just get like on a crazy soap box and start ranting like a homeless man.

I've been told I come up with grandiose, all-encompassing theories about how the universe works, based on nothing, but I interpret everything wrong and I don't take all the facts into account, and it sounds like bullcrap.
    hm. do *you* feel like it's based on nothing? Ne deals in vibes. abstractions. if there's a fact that other people see as relevant, and i feel like there's nothing to glean from it, or that the concept that it represents is already represented in or contested by my theory, i dismiss it.

Also...EJarendee said that "If I went up to you and said 'You're not this type,' and that hurts your feelings--then you are not a Ti user. Period." I get that way, so I'd say I was Fi.
    But then he used an example where the Ti-Fe said "I think you're lighthearted"
    and the Fi-user said "Define lighthearted..."
    and the Ti-Fe said something like "look at the frickin' Webster Dictionary definition!"
    I do this too, but this sounds like ESFJ "sidestepping" that they do in times of conflict.
    huh? this is confusing to me. you lost me after "define lighthearted"

Also, I never shy away from confrontation...as a matter of fact, I've been told I pursue it...so that's an argument against ESFJ, but I hardly think ENFPs like that kinda thing, either.
    if your Fi has been stepped on, and you have an 8-wing, you will not shy away from confrontation. i assure you. i am VERY direct when there's an issue i think needs to be addressed. like i said before, i'm not usually aggressive about it, but that's the difference between a 6-wing and an 8-wing.

And playing the devil's advocate like I just did proves how histrionic I am.
    yer young-ish right? ENFPs like attention. we like people to talk about us because we're interested in discovering ourselves and want new input on the topic. i was a HAM as a kid. like embarrassingly so. i still like to perform on stage, and even get going in an entertainer-y way in social circles. also, when i feel something, no matter what it is, i HAVE to share it. it can make me look pretty histrionic i think. i try to tone it down, and believe i've done so as i've gotten older, but the tendency is there.
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

Quote Originally Posted by five sounds View Post
    lol, no problem. this is a prettayy Ne thing to do btw

what do you mean by concretely reasoning out things? since Ne is an extroverted function, it's very much based on the real world. it's where we get our inspiration from. i can't always explain how i came to a conclusion, but it's very often based on things i've observed in the outside world.

Fi vs. Fe. as an ENFJ, your dad's dominant function is all about being considerate, minding people's feelings, etc. Fi can seem like a bull in an emotional china shop to Fe, because Fi believes that as long as it's speaking/living its truth, that is the greater good. saving feelings is not a priority when something is a 'non-negotiable' to Fi. moreover, it's hard for Fi to even try to, because any compromise of the truth to save someone's feelings is, just uncomfortable. i'm a terrible liar. and the best way i 'save feelings' is often by keeping my mouth shut.

that's the 8-wing catching your Fi fire i do believe. i can get FIRED UP when i'm sharing my opinion on something i deeply believe in. it's that righteous, OH HELL NAW kinda anger that makes me feel like a crazy mom lifting up a Bently with one arm to save my baby. the 8 though, that's gonna bring the aggression. i'm rarely aggressive, i just get like on a crazy soap box and start ranting like a homeless man.

hm. do *you* feel like it's based on nothing? Ne deals in vibes. abstractions. if there's a fact that other people see as relevant, and i feel like there's nothing to glean from it, or that the concept that it represents is already represented in or contested by my theory, i dismiss it.

huh? this is confusing to me. you lost me after "define lighthearted"

if your Fi has been stepped on, and you have an 8-wing, you will not shy away from confrontation. i assure you. i am VERY direct when there's an issue i think needs to be addressed. like i said before, i'm not usually aggressive about it, but that's the difference between a 6-wing and an 8-wing.

yer young-ish right? ENFPs like attention. we like people to talk about us because we're interested in discovering ourselves and want new input on the topic. i was a HAM as a kid. like embarrassingly so. i still like to perform on stage, and even get going in an entertainer-y way in social circles. also, when i feel something, no matter what it is, i HAVE to share it. it can make me look pretty histrionic i think. i try to tone it down, and believe i've done so as i've gotten older, but the tendency is there.
    EJArendee says that, in an argument about an Fi-user's traits, if a Ti-user, based on sound logic, accuses an Fi-user of having a trait the Fi-user does not like or does not know he has, the Fi-user will ask he "define his terms." The Ti-user thinks this is ridiculous because he has an internal understanding of what that term means, while the Fi-user is considering his identity in a parallel light. The only difference is that the Ti-user is usually logically right and the Fi-user just wants to stay authentic.

I often say "define this trait..." in such arguments when it's clear that I should know what the other person is talking about. What I'm really asking for is the other person to define when I exhibit this trait.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

EJArendee says that, in an argument about an Fi-user's traits, if a Ti-user, based on sound logic, accuses an Fi-user of having a trait the Fi-user does not like or does not know he has, the Fi-user will ask he "define his terms." The Ti-user thinks this is ridiculous because he has an internal understanding of what that term means, while the Fi-user is considering his identity in a parallel light. The only difference is that the Ti-user is usually logically right and the Fi-user just wants to stay authentic.

I often say "define this trait..." in such arguments when it's clear that I should know what the other person is talking about. What I'm really asking for is the other person to define when I exhibit this trait.
    Oh, yup! Sounds right to me. My own authenticity and character is like my main priority.

@five sounds

There are two major inconsistencies though. First off, I have a thing with anger. I'll just LOSE it. All the NFs I met said they never have this problem, while SJs, particularly Fe-using, are renowned for it.

Second, my eye shape isn't ENFP-like at all. My face looks like I might always be angry or suspicious even though half the time I'm skipping around and laughing like a maniac. On Socionix it matched Patrick Stewart's eye shape. It can get really intense-looking even though I'm not putting any functional energy into it. I think it might just be my face shape. If I just turn my head down a few degrees I look like I'm giving "the stare," even though I'm not. Pivot back up and its completely normal.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

@five sounds

There are two major inconsistencies though. First off, I have a thing with anger. I'll just LOSE it. All the NFs I met said they never have this problem, while SJs, particularly Fe-using, are renowned for it.
    i feel like i'd like the assistance of a 7w8 Fi user here. can't think of one off the top of my head though : /

anyone?

Second, my eye shape isn't ENFP-like at all. My face looks like I might always be angry or suspicious even though half the time I'm skipping around and laughing like a maniac. On Socionix it matched Patrick Stewart's eye shape. It can get really intense-looking even though I'm not putting any functional energy into it. I think it might just be my face shape. If I just turn my head down a few degrees I look like I'm giving "the stare," even though I'm not. Pivot back up and its completely normal.
    ehh, i dunno. i have never gotten into typing by eyes or physical characteristics. i'm not yer girl on this front either.

Socionics
    ILI

@five sounds
    Visual Id is very controversial, don't use it. You could have a strong connection to 8 in one of your fixes that intensifies anger, especially if you are a 7w8 with an 8 fix. 7w8 sx doubly so.

Quote Originally Posted by yeghor View Post
    It felt psychodelic...it that the word for it? It's too physical for me...too many bright colors and images (Se)? I am more inclined towards harmonious melodies and music and more serene imagery...That's quite a feat though...Is it a random or arranged collage of different videos?
    I think this is more an Si thing than Ni. IMHO Ni would focus more on what is done overall, not the environmental conditions under which it was done.

I think this is more an Si thing than Ni. IMHO Ni would focus more on what is done overall, not the environmental conditions under which it was done.
    About the Si thing, how come?

I've started watching my little pony...I am trying to type them...

Twilight - ISTJ

Applejack - ESTJ

Pinkie Pie - ESFP

Rainbow - ESTP

Fluttershy - ISFP (I have a female coworker, the similarity in her demeanor and looks is striking...)

Rarity - ESFJ [not very sure on this one though, there was this one episode (twilight's sleepover thingie) when she and Applejack were competing stubbornly so I don't think she's an introvert...]

Spike - Haven't thought that much on him...Seems like a laid back introvert...He's infatuated with Rarity...He can get along with Twilight...ISFx...?

What do you think?

Eta: The grey haired mayor (?) pony...? INFP

Also, it seems to me that there's this "girl power" thingie going on in various outlets (my little pony, legend of korra and other various tv series) where female characters are (encouraged to be) empowered and male characters are given/associated with "cute" (i.e. more tolerable) traits...It makes me wary cause the empowerment thing feels to me that it's bordering on the fine line between empowering and enabling...And males OTOH seem to be boxed into a more acceptable/tolerable role in the society (as caterers of females)...

Discuss...
    Last edited by yeghor; 02-23-2014 at 04:10 AM. Reason: Eta