User Tag List

First 123

Thread: Um Hi?

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilogen View Post
    Just tonight I saw an "INFJ" retype herself as INFP. Seriously, I've seen INFJs online who thought they were ESFP. ESFP, the most extroverted MBTI? My sister thinks she's ENFJ, but she seems a lot more introverted than my ENFJ dad and she considers "introvert" an insult because she lives to be around other people, she's just too shy to open up and talk to them.

If someone is INFJ, you'll know there's something different about them. They're not even CLOSE to the INFPs who mistype as them. But xNFPs are my favorite types tho.
    Why would someone do that? Just go the internet and pretend to be INFJ..

Quote Originally Posted by Nights and Days View Post
    Why would someone do that? Just go the internet and pretend to be INFJ..
    Not pretend. Misinterpret. We Fi-users are egomaniacs. And INFJs are the rarest type. So you start seeing INFPs who seriously think they're INFJ. INFPs are constantly bombarded by Fi-attacks from their perceptions of the world, and anyone who lives that way needs an alibi to explain why life feels so dramatic for them. Of course you're the rarest type!

The key: If you have an internal fixation on being a type you like, you're probably an Fi-user. That's how I knew I was ESFP and not ESFJ, because I thought "I don't wanna be ESFJ! I wanna be ESFP!"

As a sidenote, INFPs are more likely to be the archetype of the sad, lonely artist who basically sees life as an LSD trip of injustice. INFJs often think they are extroverts because of their focus on people; unlike the Si of ISFJs, the Ni of INFJs leaves their minds "empty" and they become dependent on the presence of other people. If you can mistype as ESFP, you're probably INFJ. If you think humanity is crap and you have no desire to exist in this physical world, probably INFP. If you're INFP, you think you stand out. If you're INFJ, you really will stand out.

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Not pretend. Misinterpret. We Fi-users are egomaniacs. And INFJs are the rarest type. So you start seeing INFPs who seriously think they're INFJ. INFPs are constantly bombarded by Fi-attacks from their perceptions of the world, and anyone who lives that way needs an alibi to explain why life feels so dramatic for them. Of course you're the rarest type!

The key: If you have an internal fixation on being a type you like, you're probably an Fi-user. That's how I knew I was ESFP and not ESFJ, because I thought "I don't wanna be ESFJ! I wanna be ESFP!"

As a sidenote, INFPs are more likely to be the archetype of the sad, lonely artist who basically sees life as an LSD trip of injustice. INFJs often think they are extroverts because of their focus on people; unlike the Si of ISFJs, the Ni of INFJs leaves their minds "empty" and they become dependent on the presence of other people. If you can mistype as ESFP, you're probably INFJ. If you think humanity is crap and you have no desire to exist in this physical world, probably INFP. If you're INFP, you think you stand out. If you're INFJ, you really will stand out.
    I dream of a harmonious world.

Hmm, interesting perspective you have there.