MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Default Let's give this place a shot

Hi there!

I recently joined up over on infjs.com, but to somewhat of a surprise, it's quite quiet. I used to be rather active on there a long time ago, and decided to poke around there again, but it seems rather hollow/empty. So much so that I more or less got what I needed and got bored. Thus, I thought I'd give this place a go. Not sure if I'll stick around, for how long and in what capacity, but we'll see what happens. I am quite busy out in the real world with minimal free time.

I'm sort of keeping my identity hidden for the time being (I am sure eventually I'll reveal myself, but for now I won't), but as for a few basics. I'm a 24 year old (gay) guy living in the pacific northwest right now. Chugging along in this game of life one step at a time in the hopes of having an awesome career once I am done with school in a few more years. I am not entirely sure of my type. I am thinking that I am some sort of IxxJ variant, but recent reflection is beginning to narrow that down a little. Most tests/results and observers might assume me to be an extrovert, because I am not all that shy and love to socialize, but at the end of the day I think the traits and thought processes of an introvert fits me more correctly. I could be extrovert, but I think it's more that I want to be. I'm also pretty close to being certain I am in the Te/Fi axis. For years I was convinced I was Fe/Ti but evidence has shown otherwise. I believe it's more likely I am an Ni user. I am rather distrusting of gut feeling/intuition without some sort of processing which can lead to confusion if I may be Si, but ultimately that doesn't seem correct. For enneagram I am definitely a 1w2 and I haven't the slightest doubt with it. Either way figuring out my type is not a major deal for me. When I get it I'll get it and that will be that.

I don't take MBTI and personality theories nearly as seriously as I used to, and I am of the mindset that they are mostly for light hearted fun and as a nice tool to help figure out who you are in part and teach one to introspect. It's also a conversation starter and can bring online communities together with a purpose (as this place is evidence of).

So yeah! Let's see how this all plays out.

Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    Hi there!

I recently joined up over on infjs.com, but to somewhat of a surprise, it's quite quiet. I used to be rather active on there a long time ago, and decided to poke around there again, but it seems rather hollow/empty. So much so that I more or less got what I needed and got bored. Thus, I thought I'd give this place a go. Not sure if I'll stick around, for how long and in what capacity, but we'll see what happens. I am quite busy out in the real world with minimal free time.

I'm sort of keeping my identity hidden for the time being (I am sure eventually I'll reveal myself, but for now I won't), but as for a few basics. I'm a 24 year old (gay) guy living in the pacific northwest right now. Chugging along in this game of life one step at a time in the hopes of having an awesome career once I am done with school in a few more years. I am not entirely sure of my type. I am thinking that I am some sort of IxxJ variant, but recent reflection is beginning to narrow that down a little. Most tests/results and observers might assume me to be an extrovert, because I am not all that shy and love to socialize, but at the end of the day I think the traits and thought processes of an introvert fits me more correctly. I could be extrovert, but I think it's more that I want to be. I'm also pretty close to being certain I am in the Te/Fi axis. For years I was convinced I was Fe/Ti but evidence has shown otherwise. I believe it's more likely I am an Ni user. I am rather distrusting of gut feeling/intuition without some sort of processing which can lead to confusion if I may be Si, but ultimately that doesn't seem correct. For enneagram I am definitely a 1w2 and I haven't the slightest doubt with it. Either way figuring out my type is not a major deal for me. When I get it I'll get it and that will be that.

I don't take MBTI and personality theories nearly as seriously as I used to, and I am of the mindset that they are mostly for light hearted fun and as a nice tool to help figure out who you are in part and teach one to introspect. It's also a conversation starter and can bring online communities together with a purpose (as this place is evidence of).

So yeah! Let's see how this all plays out.
    Welcome to the forum.

Word of advice - If you don't trust your gut instincts and plans formulated by Ni, it might be a shadow process. If you hate Si, as in you don't like it when you notice the difference in things from the past, it, too, might be a shadow process.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Quote Originally Posted by Alea_iacta_est View Post
    Welcome to the forum.

Word of advice - If you don't trust your gut instincts and plans formulated by Ni, it might be a shadow process. If you hate Si, as in you don't like it when you notice the difference in things from the past, it, too, might be a shadow process.
    Well, since I was born I have always been a gut instinct person, rather excessively so. I trained myself to be watchful of the errors that can come with it, and in the past year or so I have actually gotten good with it. So when some sort of gut instinct-like thing crops up, I tend to question it and put it on hold until I can find something to back it up with, then I go forward with it. This is sort of my E1 part of me coming out; trying to minimize sources of potential error.

Yep, I hate change, and knee-jerk react to it all the time.

Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    Well, since I was born I have always been a gut instinct person, rather excessively so. I trained myself to be watchful of the errors that can come with it, and in the past year or so I have actually gotten good with it. So when some sort of gut instinct-like thing crops up, I tend to question it and put it on hold until I can find something to back it up with, then I go forward with it. This is sort of my E1 part of me coming out; trying to minimize sources of potential error.

Yep, I hate change, and knee-jerk react to it all the time.
    I know what that's like. I am an Ni dom, but I was wary of some of things Ni did, like unconscious math. I wanted to trust it, but at the same time, I didn't want to be wrong, so I had to consciously work it out and be sure I was doing everything correctly, only to arrive at the same answer my unconscious did.

Good luck finding your type man.

I want my account deleted
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

I know what that's like. I am an Ni dom, but I was wary of some of things Ni did, like unconscious math. I wanted to trust it, but at the same time, I didn't want to be wrong, so I had to consciously work it out and be sure I was doing everything correctly, only to arrive at the same answer my unconscious did.
    Whoa ... that's like the INTJ version of what I do as an INFJ. In my case, Ni (Ni-Se sometimes) perceives stuff about what's going on around me in terms of people, groups, etc. I often have a really accurate feel for how things will unfold at that level. But I have the hardest time trusting it, so I wait and collect data like some sort of participant-observer, then use Ti to work it all out - only to learn that that initial Ni gut feeling was correct and I just wasted a lot of time and energy arriving at the information that Ni was trying to get across to my consciousness to begin with. I am amused (and delighted) by the Te-aux Ni-dom example of unconscious math.

Sorry, I think this could be a tangent, but reading that reminded me of the fun of being a Ni-dom struggling to trust Ni info.

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sp

Welcome fellow PNW dweller. We truly are the best kind of people.
    Friends, waffles, work

"The problem is, when you depend on a substitute for love, you can never get enough" - Louis Cozolino

3w2 6w7 1w2
    *Gryffindor*

Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by Werebudgie View Post
    Whoa ... that's like the INTJ version of what I do as an INFJ. In my case, Ni (Ni-Se sometimes) perceives stuff about what's going on around me in terms of people, groups, etc. I often have a really accurate feel for how things will unfold at that level. But I have the hardest time trusting it, so I wait and collect data like some sort of participant-observer, then use Ti to work it all out - only to learn that that initial Ni gut feeling was correct and I just wasted a lot of time and energy arriving at the information that Ni was trying to get across to my consciousness to begin with. I am amused (and delighted) by the Te-aux Ni-dom example of unconscious math.

Sorry, I think this could be a tangent, but reading that reminded me of the fun of being a Ni-dom struggling to trust Ni info.
    From what I've heard of it, INFJ's Ni seems much more alien than INTJ's Ni. I've heard that INFJ's get gut feelings where their body tries to communicate with them via literal feelings, is that true? As an INTJ, I will just be thinking about something and then out of nowhere I get a vision of what should be done next. Sometimes its detailed, sometimes it isn't. I have tuned my Ni to read people irl to where I can get insights about people's motives and hidden agendas, but unlike the INFJ, I think, it's more chess-like. As if I'm seeing their moves before they make them.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

From what I've heard of it, INFJ's Ni seems much more alien than INTJ's Ni. I've heard that INFJ's get gut feelings where their body tries to communicate with them via literal feelings, is that true?
    Oh yes, for me it is very very true! And this is very difficult for people who confuse feeling (sense-based communication) with emotion (narratives that aren't based on actual data). For me, it's like my body is a tuning fork or something that gives me information using channels that most people commonly associate with emotional narratives. And I often refer to my "gut feelings" - it's not the only mode of Ni communication, but it's a big one for me.

As an INTJ, I will just be thinking about something and then out of nowhere I get a vision of what should be done next. Sometimes its detailed, sometimes it isn't. I have tuned my Ni to read people irl to where I can get insights about people's motives and hidden agendas, but unlike the INFJ, I think, it's more chess-like. As if I'm seeing their moves before they make them.
    I was thinking about this difference in the back of my mind as I was responding to your initial comment but wasn't sure how best to articulate it. Yes, this has come up as a difference in Ni in past interactions I've had with INTJs as well. I have this gut-body thing going on and for the INTJs, it is more as you describe. I appreciate you making this distinction! I do wonder what this means in relation to our respective Se-inf. Maybe your tracking of Se cues is more in that chess mode where mine is more visceral?

MBTI
    yupp

hi welcome,
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Also, @Hard, sorry for getting possibly off topic in your intro thread (I'm just so fascinated, a common experience for me when discussing Ni with INTJs).

I'm too new here myself to really welcome you, but I will say: hello, fellow PNW dweller! And I love this perspective:

I am of the mindset that they are mostly for light hearted fun and as a nice tool to help figure out who you are in part and teach one to introspect. It's also a conversation starter and can bring online communities together with a purpose (as this place is evidence of).