User Tag List

First 12

Senior Member captain curmudgeon's Avatar
    MBTI
    BIRD
    Enneagram
    631 sp

So what kind of a shot do we get? Whiskey? Vodka? Tequila? How do we share said shot amongst the forum?
    Jarlaxle: fact checking this thread makes me want to go all INFP on my wrists

"I'm in competition with myself and I'm losing."
    -Roger Waters

ReadingRainbows: OMG GUYS
    ReadingRainbows: GUESS WHAT EXISTS FOR ME
    hel: fairies?
    Captain Curmudgeon: existential angst?

Johari Nohari

https://www.librarything.com/profile/wheelchairdoug

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by wheelchairdoug View Post
    So what kind of a shot do we get? Whiskey? Vodka? Tequila? How do we share said shot amongst the forum?
    Ooh, I would like to request Tequila for mine.
    Friends, waffles, work

"The problem is, when you depend on a substitute for love, you can never get enough" - Louis Cozolino

3w2 6w7 1w2
    *Gryffindor*

Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by Werebudgie View Post
    Oh yes, for me it is very very true! And this is very difficult for people who confuse feeling (sense-based communication) with emotion (narratives that aren't based on actual data). For me, it's like my body is a tuning fork or something that gives me information using channels that most people commonly associate with emotional narratives. And I often refer to my "gut feelings" - it's not the only mode of Ni communication, but it's a big one for me.

I was thinking about this difference in the back of my mind as I was responding to your initial comment but wasn't sure how best to articulate it. Yes, this has come up as a difference in Ni in past interactions I've had with INTJs as well. I have this gut-body thing going on and for the INTJs, it is more as you describe. I appreciate you making this distinction! I do wonder what this means in relation to our respective Se-inf. Maybe your tracking of Se cues is more in that chess mode where mine is more visceral?
    I'm mostly sure my Se tries to discern information from the inflection and tone in people's voices, their posture, and their body movements, but I'm not entirely sure because it is unconscious. I also think Te plays a crucial role in filtering through bullshit (which is why ENTJ's are often described of having the "no-bullshit" effect) so that I can see exactly what they are implying. I imagine then that the information that has been gathered by inf Se and filtered through Te is fed into Ni, which has been processing other possibilities at the time in the unconscious, and from there Ni calculates the result and sends me, the ego, an insight into the other person through the form of a vision.

I also think because of Te, I'm a bit more ruthless in showcasing people's plans than INFJs. I've always loved seeing the look on people's faces when I unwrap their masterpiece in the making.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Hi there!

Welcome to TypC!

-Halla74

P.S. This place is NOT quiet...
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

I want my account deleted
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by Alea_iacta_est View Post
    I'm mostly sure my Se tries to discern information from the inflection and tone in people's voices, their posture, and their body movements, but I'm not entirely sure because it is unconscious. I also think Te plays a crucial role in filtering through bullshit (which is why ENTJ's are often described of having the "no-bullshit" effect) so that I can see exactly what they are implying. I imagine then that the information that has been gathered by inf Se and filtered through Te is fed into Ni, which has been processing other possibilities at the time in the unconscious, and from there Ni calculates the result and sends me, the ego, an insight into the other person through the form of a vision.
    Great description, very clear! Thank you.

I also think because of Te, I'm a bit more ruthless in showcasing people's plans than INFJs. I've always loved seeing the look on people's faces when I unwrap their masterpiece in the making.
    I can see how you that would be more ruthless and I kind of envy you in that. I'm sure people think I'm pretty ruthless at times, but not like your description.

The reason I'm not more ruthless is because I can't really enjoy the process at some levels (at least I haven't found a way to do so yet). For me, the actual physical experience of bringing the hidden bullshit to the surface involves taking a certain amount of toxicity into my body as projected by the external environment and people in it (Fe-aux). I take it into myself, sit with it as if true, it begins to feel really icky, and needs to be purged via Ti (serving Ni) analysis and using Se data as part of the process. By the time I'm done, I'm often freaking exhausted from the visceral experience of it.

Socionics
    ILI

Great description, very clear! Thank you.

I can see how you that would be more ruthless and I kind of envy you in that. I'm sure people think I'm pretty ruthless at times, but not like your description.

The reason I'm not more ruthless is because I can't really enjoy the process at some levels (at least I haven't found a way to do so yet). For me, the actual physical experience of bringing the hidden bullshit to the surface involves taking a certain amount of toxicity into my body as projected by the external environment and people in it (Fe-aux). I take it into myself, sit with it as if true, it begins to feel really icky, and needs to be purged via Ti (serving Ni) analysis and using Se data as part of the process. By the time I'm done, I'm often freaking exhausted from the visceral experience of it.
    That would exhaust me to keep sitting on it and waiting. I do sort of a "heckle" thing, especially when I have a friend that is trying to manipulate another friend into doing something. The manipulator will be carefully and indirectly trying to get the other person to do what he wants and I'll just speak up from the back if it's taking too long and say "He's just trying to manipulate you to do... ...because he's [insert somewhat witty character attack on other friend]." Then the manipulator will just look at me and sigh at all of the verbal work he just did. Something about myself makes me have to disprove bullshit.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Also, @Hard, sorry for getting possibly off topic in your intro thread (I'm just so fascinated, a common experience for me when discussing Ni with INTJs).

I'm too new here myself to really welcome you, but I will say: hello, fellow PNW dweller! And I love this perspective:
    No worries. It's a common occurance for threads to get derailed. Besides, it's still somewhat relevant.

I can relate to a lot of what both of you said, but more so to Alea. While I often test as showing a prefrence for Si over Ni, I feel that Ni is likely more accurate at the end of the day. A big part of it (as I said before) I am distrustful of gut feelings without some sort of support to go with it. Also, Ni is often written out to sound like a spiritual/magical concept. I'm a skeptic so I often don't relate to that kind of wording. "Magical thinking"? Ok, where's the pixie dust. Then again tests aren't accurate alone, it's simply another data point to go after. I'm also not as regimented as I like to fancy myself. I think I try to be Si, as I see it as being more exacting (me being 1w2 is a big reason for this).

I'm starting to think I might be INTJ. Although I have been testing as ESTJ most often. I know I am an introvert, just one that isn't shy and I actually quite enjoy being with people and being social (it can be quite recharging). Ultimately though, I can tollerate being alone way more than I can tollerate being with others for extended periods of time. The differnece between my Pi and Je function isn't that big, but Pi wins out.

Quote Originally Posted by wheelchairdoug View Post
    Rum. Always rum.

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Welcome to the forum. I hope you stick around.

welcome