User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: INTP female

MBTI
    INTP

Default INTP female

Not sure what to say. Joined because I have come to the conclusion my boyfriend is an ISTJ and have never been with that type before. That being said, he does not appreciate my constant need for analyzing etc. So, here I am.

Socionics
    ILI

Welcome to the forum. An INTP with an ISTJ? That's the first time I've heard that.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Alea_iacta_est View Post
    Welcome to the forum. An INTP with an ISTJ? That's the first time I've heard that.
    Well, I don't think we would have naturally sought each other out or liked each other, but the way we met forced us together basically. So, now it has been quite interesting, to say the least! I think the only reason why we are working is because of my constant need to figure him out, so I finally figured out he was an ISTJ and therefore, I am learning how to respond and understand him better. The beginning of our relationship was VERY turbulent!

Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by thecuriouscat View Post
    The beginning of our relationship was VERY turbulent!
    I can barely tolerate ISTJs and I'm only one letter off (or more realistically, 2 functions off) from them. Props to you for being able to make a relationship with one XD.

EDIT: Also, if you want to understand him even more, the Enneagram showcases people's motivations, drives, and fears in life.

MBTI
    INTP

I can barely tolerate ISTJs
    What makes them intolerable? .... I mean I have my thoughts, but curious what your reasoning might be...

Socionics
    ILI

What makes them intolerable? .... I mean I have my thoughts, but curious what your reasoning might be...
    Personal Account: My specific reasoning is that all of the ISTJs I know (and some ESTJs) are always trying to find a flaw with me so they can prove their own worth. Their extreme close-mindedness (of the ones I know) and obsessive perfectionism drive me insane. Plus they don't trust my plans and don't see the big picture well, which pisses me off extremely.

A window to the soul

Not sure what to say. Joined because I have come to the conclusion my boyfriend is an ISTJ and have never been with that type before. That being said, he does not appreciate my constant need for analyzing etc. So, here I am.
    Welcome!

MBTI
    INTP

Personal Account: are always trying to find a flaw with me so they can prove their own worth. Their extreme close-mindedness (of the ones I know) and obsessive perfectionism drive me insane.
    Yes, he does this all of the time. I have learned how to deal with it most of the time............ when he starts in on me and something I have not done "right".... I stop and let him know he now can do it himself the "right" way! Which I know he will not do because he doesn't want to, he just wanted to tell me I was doing it wrong... That shuts him up
    Or if it is something he is saying about me as a person.... The next time he asks for my help with something or wants something from me... I just tell him, "well I don't think you want someone that is (fill in the blank) doing that for you or helping you." That as well seems to do the trick as he will then start backtracking.
    We used to fight a lot before I realized what his type was though.... Now, I just realize he is just being him and don't take it personal.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by A window to the soul View Post
    Welcome!
    Thank you!

A window to the soul

Thank you!
    No. Thank you! I was struggling to remember the most overused phrase of 2013. I just remembered. :p