User Tag List

123 Last

I want my account deleted
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Default INFJ new to this site

Hi everyone (or, more accurately, "hi, anyone who might be reading this post in particular"),

INFJ 6w5 here, new to this site but not new to MBTI and enneagram discussions.

My initial primary purpose for delving into this stuff was trying to understand some of the (sometimes really confusing) dynamics between me and my INFP 9w8 partner, and that remains a focus for me still. The cognitive function approach has been particularly useful, since our functions are so different even if the types appear to diverge only by one letter. The function differences really show in how we each process things and can sometimes make communication challenging.

I've also found the cognitive function approach really useful in understanding things about myself at this stage in my life, in particular re-claiming Se in service to dominant Ni and moving more and more from that Ni-Se perception - so freaking awesome when I allow myself to trust it.

My user name comes from an INFJ-INFP discussion about "If you were a shape-shifter, what would you shift into?" and a questioning of the assumption that all shape shifters have to be predators in their non-human form. The still-unanswered question is where would the rest of my body mass go if I shifted into a human-sized budgie. That question aside, I would LOVE to be able to fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Werebudgie View Post
    Hi everyone (or, more accurately, "hi, anyone who might be reading this post in particular"),

INFJ 6w5 here, new to this site but not new to MBTI and enneagram discussions.

My initial primary purpose for delving into this stuff was trying to understand some of the (sometimes really confusing) dynamics between me and my INFP 9w8 partner, and that remains a focus for me still. The cognitive function approach has been particularly useful, since our functions are so different even if the types appear to diverge only by one letter. The function differences really show in how we each process things and can sometimes make communication challenging.

I've also found the cognitive function approach really useful in understanding things about myself at this stage in my life, in particular re-claiming Se in service to dominant Ni and moving more and more from that Ni-Se perception - so freaking awesome when I allow myself to trust it.

My user name comes from an INFJ-INFP discussion about "If you were a shape-shifter, what would you shift into?" and a questioning of the assumption that all shape shifters have to be predators in their non-human form. The still-unanswered question is where would the rest of my body mass go if I shifted into a human-sized budgie. That question aside, I would LOVE to be able to fly.
    I have a flock of wild budgerigars on the lawn outside. I could imagine you are one of them.

Welcome.

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Hey! Glad you've found typology so helpful so far. Welcome, dude
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

can't handcuff the wind Z Buck McFate's Avatar
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

My initial primary purpose for delving into this stuff was trying to understand some of the (sometimes really confusing) dynamics between me and my INFP 9w8 partner...
    I've long hoped a human-sized budgie would one day come to bring some sanity and benevolence to the INFP/INFJ contention that surfaces around here. It wasn't just a beautiful dream. Thank you, internet!

(And welcome.)
    Reality is a collective hunch. -Lily Tomlin

5w4 sx/sp Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    yupp

In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by Z Buck McFate View Post
    I've long hoped a human-sized budgie would one day come to bring some sanity and benevolence to the INFP/INFJ contention that surfaces around here. It wasn't just a beautiful dream. Thank you, internet!
    The werebudgie superpower! I knew there had to be something....

But wait, there's INFJ/INFP contention? I had no idea. I mean it's not like me and my partner - oh, right.

(And welcome.)
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    I have a flock of wild budgerigars on the lawn outside. I could imagine you are one of them.

Welcome.
    Thanks for the welcome. I would love to see a flock of wild budgerigars. I would love to join a flock of wild budgerigars (yearning yearning).

Quote Originally Posted by five sounds View Post
    Hey! Glad you've found typology so helpful so far. Welcome, dude
    Thank you! Though I should mention that I don't seem to be any sort of dude, at least not by any of the definitions I've heard (demeanor, gender etc)

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Welcome! Most of the shapeshifter stories I've read (admittedly, primarily paranormal romance) ignore the whole body mass thing. I don't see why you shouldn't be able to ignore it as well, especially for such a good and adorable cause.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

can't handcuff the wind Z Buck McFate's Avatar
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

But wait, there's INFJ/INFP contention? I had no idea. I mean it's not like me and my partner - oh, right.
    It's the damnedest thing. I have INFP and INFJ friends irl I've tried describing it to, this weird online thing that happens- it's always super funny when I'm telling them about it, but it's not exactly super funny while it's happening. But now you're here, and we can put all of that behind us. I believe in you, werebudgie!!

Really though, I hope you find helpful conversation towards that end (it's not all contentious).
    Reality is a collective hunch. -Lily Tomlin

5w4 sx/sp Johari / Nohari

failed poetry slam career chubber's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Hey there

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    Welcome! Most of the shapeshifter stories I've read (admittedly, primarily paranormal romance) ignore the whole body mass thing. I don't see why you shouldn't be able to ignore it as well, especially for such a good and adorable cause.
    Thanks for the welcome! I never even thought about the body mass thing til my partner mentioned it coming up in a silly way in a Terry Pratchett book (she's really into him as an author. Me not so much but he does have an interesting mind, from what I can tell).

Good and adorable cause, huh? I'll try to live up to the responsibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Z Buck McFate View Post
    It's the damnedest thing. I have INFP and INFJ friends irl I've tried describing it to, this weird online thing that happens- it's always super funny when I'm telling them about it, but it's not exactly super funny while it's happening....

....Really though, I hope you find helpful conversation towards that end (it's not all contentious).
    I don't know what kind of contention happens here specific to online, but I can say I do understand INFJ/INFP contention from my relationship. Lots of space for clashing and misunderstanding between Ni-Fe-Ti-Se and Fi-Ne-Si-Te, at least in my real life experience.

But now you're here, and we can put all of that behind us. I believe in you, werebudgie!!
    *feels weight of responsibility settle down more heavily onto my feathered shoulders and I again hope I'm actually able to do what needs doing.*

(some people might like being a superhero. I just feel responsible. Not sure if that's the INFJ, the 6 or both, or neither and just me. I need to go to my budgie mentor for guidance. He'll probably tell me: "Kiss the beak!")

Quote Originally Posted by chubber View Post
    Hey there
    Hey there right back.

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    I'm not great at reading meaning from emoticons but the description says "unsure." Unsure what happens to the body mass? Or about something else?