But why?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by Werebudgie View Post
    So okay, maybe the fifth one could be a wildcard category that allows a small buffet-style selection of favorite books, rather than choosing a fifth "complete works" author. Maybe?
    That would be ideal!
    Also, random comment: I really really like Carey's Santa Olivia. Not in my top whatever, but still, I really enjoyed that book (and I liked the sequel also).
    I have not read those yet. I've read the Kushiel/Naamah series(?pl) and the Agent of Hel books. I'll have to check out the Santa Olivia books.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

I want my account deleted
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    That would be ideal!
    Well, I don't see any reason why we can't have it be that. *looks vaguely around for a list of "top five desert island reading rules," doesn't find any* ... it's up to you!

I have not read those yet. I've read the Kushiel/Naamah series(?pl) and the Agent of Hel books. I'll have to check out the Santa Olivia books.
    I forgot about her Agent of Hel books! I've read one and enjoyed it. Need to find more at the library. I wish I could get into her Kushiel/Naamah series, but for some reason I haven't ever been able to. I do tend to be more of a scifi person. Oh, and I will warn you that the one person I knew of who read Santa Olivia after knowing Carey through her other work seemed - well, not happy that the (crackling hot) main character based romance in Santa Olivia and Saints Astray is between two women.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Well, I don't see any reason why we can't have it be that. *looks vaguely around for a list of "top five desert island reading rules," doesn't find any* ... it's up to you!
    Nice when imaginary world is compliant since real one is so often not.

I forgot about her Agent of Hel books! I've read one and enjoyed it. Need to find more at the library. I wish I could get into her Kushiel/Naamah series, but for some reason I haven't ever been able to. I do tend to be more of a scifi person. Oh, and I will warn you that the one person I knew of who read Santa Olivia after knowing Carey through her other work seemed - well, not happy that the (crackling hot) main character based romance in Santa Olivia and Saints Astray is between two women.
    I didn't like the Naamah books as well as the Kushiel ones. I don't think I'll mind F/F. There is some in both Kushiel series and it didn't bother me and M/M doesn't bother me at all. Rapey/Stockholm syndrome stuff portrayed in a positive light bothers me, and I don't think Carey would ever do that.

But, yeah, Alt History/Epic Fantasy with strong BDSM elements could easily not be someone's cup of tea. I don't read a ton of sci-fi, but I love John Scalzi. I like Ender's Game, etc, too, but OSC is not someone I'm in a rush to throw money at. I like David Webber's Safehold series and Taylor Anderson's Destroyermen series. Oh, and I love Nathan Lowel's Solar Clipper series, too! Have a lot of time on my hands.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    Nice when imaginary world is compliant since real one is so often not.
    Oh, I hear you!

I didn't like the Naamah books as well as the Kushiel ones. I don't think I'll mind F/F. There is some in both Kushiel series and it didn't bother me and M/M doesn't bother me at all. Rapey/Stockholm syndrome stuff portrayed in a positive light bothers me, and I don't think Carey would ever do that.

But, yeah, Alt History/Epic Fantasy with strong BDSM elements could easily not be someone's cup of tea.
    I didn't get far enough into the books to notice the BDSM stuff. I don't know if it would bother me in her books. I'll probably never find out.

I don't read a ton of sci-fi, but I love John Scalzi.
    Scalzi! He's awesome! My partner found Redshirts and then we started reading his other stuff and he's amazing.

I haven't read the others you mention. I hear you about Orson Scott Card, I was recently skimming some stuff about his politics re sexual orientation because Enders Game was the only possibility at the cheap theater and ... wow *runs away from Card*

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Welcome! Nice to have you aboard!

-Halla74
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

MBTI
    yupp

I think based on your words, you're pretty. I can't judge physically, but you probably are pretty as well
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Welcome to the forum.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    I think based on your words, you're pretty. I can't judge physically, but you probably are pretty as well
    I have no idea. I can say my INFP partner initially decided she was attracted to me based solely on our email letters to each other, without ever having seen me. She does tell me I'm beautiful in the physical sense, but of course she's quite biased.

welcome