User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Werebudgie View Post

I'm not great at reading meaning from emoticons but the description says "unsure." Unsure what happens to the body mass? Or about something else?
    you sound like me, the response you gave to your girlfriend. which is an awesome response by the way and I approve.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

I want my account deleted
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    you sound like me, the response you gave to your girlfriend. which is an awesome response by the way and I approve.
    Thank you. Which response are you referring to?

MBTI
    yupp

Thank you. Which response are you referring to?
    My user name comes from an INFJ-INFP discussion about "If you were a shape-shifter, what would you shift into?" and a questioning of the assumption that all shape shifters have to be predators in their non-human form. The still-unanswered question is where would the rest of my body mass go if I shifted into a human-sized budgie. That question aside, I would LOVE to be able to fly.
    that
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

that
    Ah! That's more of a discussion between us, not just me responding to her. So it's a mix of us both.

Love your screen name, by the way. We have a running joke in our household about chickens. Purple chickens yay!

MBTI
    yupp

Ah! That's more of a discussion between us, not just me responding to her. So it's a mix of us both.

Love your screen name, by the way. We have a running joke in our household about chickens. Purple chickens yay!
    I like you already.

oh so my screen name comes from when i was 12 I decided that we should elect a purple chicken for president so my aim screen name was gonna be purple chickens for president but it wouldn't fit so i did prplchknz4pres and somewhere it got shortened to prplchknz
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Thanks for the welcome! I never even thought about the body mass thing til my partner mentioned it coming up in a silly way in a Terry Pratchett book (she's really into him as an author. Me not so much but he does have an interesting mind, from what I can tell).
    Captain Angua is one of the more fantastic shapeshifters in fiction. My partner does not care for the stories that focus on the Watch, but he enjoys the ones about the witches. And The Hogfather has become one of our traditional family Christmas movies. Prattchett has a funny, twisty, irreverent mind. He's like the Douglas Adams of fantasy. I wouldn't say I'm really into him because I don't think he's in my top five, but I have read most of his Discworld books and I think I have all the movies based on his books. It bums me out that he, of all people, should have a deteriorating brain. The universe is a dick like that sometimes, though.

Good and adorable cause, huh? I'll try to live up to the responsibility.
    No pressure!
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    Captain Angua is one of the more fantastic shapeshifters in fiction. My partner does not care for the stories that focus on the Watch, but he enjoys the ones about the witches. And The Hogfather has become one of our traditional family Christmas movies. Prattchett has a funny, twisty, irreverent mind. He's like the Douglas Adams of fantasy. I wouldn't say I'm really into him because I don't think he's in my top five, but I have read most of his Discworld books and I think I have all the movies based on his books. It bums me out that he, of all people, should have a deteriorating brain. The universe is a dick like that sometimes, though.
    I like some of the Watch books and really like the Tiffany series. The others don't grab me, though. And yes about the universe being a dick. It breaks my heart that someone with a mind like Pratchett has that particular illness. I myself like your Pratchett-Adams comparison, though when I shared it with her, my partner said Pratchett is more like the Mark Twain of fantasy and Adams quirky to the point of being in a class by himself. I don't know if I agree with her or not, but she does know Pratchett way better than I do. Anyway, we both think Adams is hilarious and are sad he's not around to write more.

You mentioned your top five (authors and/or books, in general or in that genre, I assume I assume) - what/who are your actual top five, then?

No pressure!
    *sigh of relief* good! (though internally I may still put pressure on myself due to the responsibility and improbability of the role)

I like you already.

oh so my screen name comes from when i was 12 I decided that we should elect a purple chicken for president so my aim screen name was gonna be purple chickens for president but it wouldn't fit so i did prplchknz4pres and somewhere it got shortened to prplchknz
    I love it! Cheers for 12 year old you. Purple chicken for president - I might even get behind that one for the next election.

And since @cafe and I are discussing Terry Pratchett, I can tie both parts of this reply together with this: Pratchett wrote a really funny short story about chickens and their multi-generational evolutionary quest to cross the road.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

You mentioned your top five (authors and/or books, in general or in that genre, I assume I assume) - what/who are your actual top five, then?
    If I was going to be stranded on a dessert island with only the complete works of five authors, I'd take JRR Tolkien, Diana Gabaldon, Robin Hobb, Jacqueline Carey, and have a major panic attack trying to choose the fifth. There are too many in the running. Maybe Jim Butcher or Ilona Andrews? If Patrick Rothfuss would get on the ball, maybe him. It's too hard. I can't do it.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

don't trust the intps.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    If I was going to be stranded on a dessert island with only the complete works of five authors, I'd take JRR Tolkien, Diana Gabaldon, Robin Hobb, Jacqueline Carey, and have a major panic attack trying to choose the fifth. There are too many in the running. Maybe Jim Butcher or Ilona Andrews? If Patrick Rothfuss would get on the ball, maybe him. It's too hard. I can't do it.
    So okay, maybe the fifth one could be a wildcard category that allows a small buffet-style selection of favorite books, rather than choosing a fifth "complete works" author. Maybe?

Also, random comment: I really really like Carey's Santa Olivia. Not in my top whatever, but still, I really enjoyed that book (and I liked the sequel also).