Thread: Hey there!

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3
    Socionics
    EXFj

Red face Hey there!

My name's Caroline and I'm a seventeen-year-old who's not quite ready for adulthood.

I've tested/thought of myself as an ENFJ for a long time, but recently switched to ESFJ. I've been swinging between S and N lately, and none of the tests can help me out-- so either I'm fairly balanced between the two or very indecisive. My socionics type is EXFJ and I'm a 2w3 (another thing I need to look at again but have procrastinated on doing for a while)

Anyway, I'm really into sports. Used to play basketball and soccer, but more recently I've switched to swim team and winter/color guard. My life's been consumed by school lately because of IB exams in May (which also happens to be my birth month. what a wonderful way to spend it). I plan on majoring in Biology and possibly going to med school for pediatrics in the coming years. My preferred subject is English, but that isn't going to happen. Currently I have a part-time job at a frozen yogurt place that doesn't start up again until March or April, but until then I do have limited free time.

Anyway, nice to meet you! ^^ Hoping to make some friends/learn about MBTI here!

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Welcome to the forum.

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3
    Socionics
    EXFj

Quote Originally Posted by Nights and Days View Post
    Welcome to the forum.
    Thank you!!

Enneagram
    N/A

*business face* Let's be friends.

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sp

Welcome fellow Fe user! We are in short supply around here.

Also, I've had similar conflict in switching between S/N. I found looking at the cognitive functions really helped. I definitely use Si over Ni, but I have a fairly well developed Ne, making me an ESFJ.

http://www.cognitiveprocesses.com/

^This might help. If you haven't already read up on those. If you have, disregard completely.
    Friends, waffles, work

"The problem is, when you depend on a substitute for love, you can never get enough" - Louis Cozolino

3w2 6w7 1w2
    *Gryffindor*

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3
    Socionics
    EXFj

Quote Originally Posted by thoughtlost View Post
    *business face* Let's be friends.
    *solemn nod* Yes. (dsiofjdsiofj <3)

Quote Originally Posted by Showbread View Post
    Welcome fellow Fe user! We are in short supply around here.

Also, I've had similar conflict in switching between S/N. I found looking at the cognitive functions really helped. I definitely use Si over Ni, but I have a fairly well developed Ne, making me an ESFJ.

http://www.cognitiveprocesses.com/

^This might help. If you haven't already read up on those. If you have, disregard completely.
    Your profile picture makes me hungry. D:

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one. It's all fairly confusing. x_X E, F, and J were easy enough, but figuring out between S and N is tough...

And I don't think I've found that one. I'm actually going to read that right now, because I've been looking for something like this for a while. Thank you so much!

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Arruby View Post
    *solemn nod* Yes. (dsiofjdsiofj <3)

And I don't think I've found that one. I'm actually going to read that right now, because I've been looking for something like this for a while. Thank you so much!
    Of course! The wikipedia pages on the types break down the cognitive functions also.
    Friends, waffles, work

"The problem is, when you depend on a substitute for love, you can never get enough" - Louis Cozolino

3w2 6w7 1w2
    *Gryffindor*

It's always something... PuddleRiver's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Hi Welcome, glad to meet you.
    "In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay one invincible summer."
    ~~~~
    A Christian's life may be the only Bible some people ever read.
    ~~~~
    "The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them" Maya Angelou.
    ~~~~
    I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ" Gandhi
    ~~~~

MBTI
    INFJ

Hello Caroline, I'm new too I hope we meet in other corners of the site in the future!
    Also as a side-thought you might be "swinging" because you're a teenager, hormones (may) destabilise personalities, so you might just need time to find which side you prefer (S or N)?
    I offer understanding, help and basic human decency, in exchange all I ask is to be accepted.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Hey @Arruby! I feel you on IB exams, I did IB too in high school. Congratulations on almost being done!! Don't give up on your enjoyment of English if that's what you're really into - plenty of time in college to explore that as well as major in Bio. Med schools look fondly on excelling students who come out of non-science majors, too, so don't discount the possibility of majoring in English and being pre-med at the same time - all you have to do for med school is to fulfill the science prereqs, and even at schools with lots of core requirements that still leaves plenty of room for an unrelated major. Enjoy your free time and welcome to the site!!