User Tag List

Socionics
    ILI

Default The Die is Cast (about typing troubles)

Hello everyone, looks like I'm the newest newbie in town here, and I have no idea as to what my exact type is for MBTI, Enneagram, and Socionics after much research. The only things that can be said for certain are that I am an XNTP in MBTI, definitely not a type 2 in Enneagram, and I'm either in Alpha or Gamma quadrant for Socionics.

Why can't I chose an I or E for MBTI? Because I get energized when I'm with friends but I also recharge mentally when I'm alone; I've come to the conclusion that I am an Extroverted Introvert since I don't naturally gravitate towards people but I still possess social finesse and can easily domineer conversations. From all of the tests I've taken for MBTI I have scored ENTP half the time and INTP the other half of the time (with some sparse scores of INTJ shockingly), with E/I literally being a few percent off from each other (49/51 or 51/49).

Why can't I decide Enneagram? Well I can check off type two instantly (always my lowest scoring and I don't even match any of the descriptions) mainly because I'm a very high scoring Machiavellian (for those who know about this, I'm between 89 and 95). I use to think I was dead on Type 5 but I've questioned it along with me being a Type 8, Type 7 (extremely unhealthy in this case), Type 6, or a really unorganized Type 1.

Why can't I decide Socionics? I recently took a Socionics test and found out that I scored an LII (INTj); thinking that I knew my type for certain, I was relieved until I saw the "other types you could be" section. Along with LII being 100% was ILE (ENTp) being 99% and ILI (INTp) being 97%. I've read each of the descriptions for all three of those and see myself in each of the definitions to the point of it being frightening.

After learning about cognitive functions, I decided to take the Jungian Cognitive Function Test online, and was extremely frustrated to see that my Ne and Ti were completely balanced (both at 90%) and then to even more surprise I found that I scored 80% for Ni and 80% for Fi. After I received these results, it tried to calculate my MBTI, to which it said "based on your results your type is likely - unclear".

Anybody have any ideas?

failed poetry slam career chubber's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Te

@The Ü™ would like someone to play with

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Can't say anything about your type right now, but hello. Welcome. I'll let you know what I think later.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    594 so/sx

Hi @Alea_iacta_est! When you helped on my enneagram thread I assumed you'd been here a while, but you're new to the site as well. I lack expertise on typing people at this point but I don't see a reason why you can't be neutral in some categories. They are not binary qualities but rather exist on a spectrum, as frustrating as that may be to those near the dividing line.

Quote Originally Posted by Alea_iacta_est View Post
    Anybody have any ideas?
    Just put your type as eNTP with a lowercase e to emphasize that you're right on the line?

Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by JAVO View Post
    Just put your type as eNTP with a lowercase e to emphasize that you're right on the line?
    Yeah, this thread's pretty dead. I did several other threads and have found myself to be more like an INTP or an INTJ (I am apparently a heavy Ti and Ni user along with Te and Ne)