User Tag List

Thread: Hey!

Default Hey!

New here, of course; I'm not new to MBTI theory, since I've been reading it on and off for a couple of years (I have Asperger's, and it's one of those "special interests" that we concentrate on with such intensity. Intense focus, perfectionism, control issues--all a hallmark of being on the spectrum). I like to talk about this MBTI stuff, and online is the only place I can go where people care about it! And it's interesting to see how other people's perspectives play out.

Other things about me: I'm a voracious reader and was hyperlexic as a child; I enjoy journaling, traveling, studying history and psychology, and I just got into yoga in order to correct the mind-body balance issues I have (I live in my head too much). I'm not sure of my exact MBTI, but I do know that I'm a hardcore introvert and need lots and lots of down time before I'm ready to get out and socialize again. What frustrates me is that there's such a huge difference between what I'm capable of socially and what other people see on a day to day basis. Obviously, everyone wears a "mask," depending on who they're with, but I think people on the autism spectrum tend to be hyper-aware of theirs.

I'm a writer by profession. When I was little I wrote a short story about an artichoke named Artie and other stories featuring one of my dolls. Now I'm a technical writer, go figure. My dream, though, is to realize my dream of writing a book about AS that might help other women on the spectrum, but general acedia sometimes prevents me from actually doing it.

Hope to see you around!

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Welcome to the forum.

Hope you're able to find out your type.

It's always something... PuddleRiver's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Hi Welcome, glad to have you with us.
    "In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay one invincible summer."
    ~~~~
    A Christian's life may be the only Bible some people ever read.
    ~~~~
    "The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them" Maya Angelou.
    ~~~~
    I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ" Gandhi
    ~~~~

failed poetry slam career chubber's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Te

I smell something fresh.

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Welcome!

I like your username.

I'm a possible aspie myself.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    yupp

hi new person

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Aspie aspiring View Post
    New here, of course; I'm not new to MBTI theory, since I've been reading it on and off for a couple of years (I have Asperger's, and it's one of those "special interests" that we concentrate on with such intensity. Intense focus, perfectionism, control issues--all a hallmark of being on the spectrum). I like to talk about this MBTI stuff, and online is the only place I can go where people care about it! And it's interesting to see how other people's perspectives play out.

Other things about me: I'm a voracious reader and was hyperlexic as a child; I enjoy journaling, traveling, studying history and psychology, and I just got into yoga in order to correct the mind-body balance issues I have (I live in my head too much). I'm not sure of my exact MBTI, but I do know that I'm a hardcore introvert and need lots and lots of down time before I'm ready to get out and socialize again. What frustrates me is that there's such a huge difference between what I'm capable of socially and what other people see on a day to day basis. Obviously, everyone wears a "mask," depending on who they're with, but I think people on the autism spectrum tend to be hyper-aware of theirs.

I'm a writer by profession. When I was little I wrote a short story about an artichoke named Artie and other stories featuring one of my dolls. Now I'm a technical writer, go figure. My dream, though, is to realize my dream of writing a book about AS that might help other women on the spectrum, but general acedia sometimes prevents me from actually doing it.

Hope to see you around!
    Do you do technical writing about artichokes?

ANSWER THE QUESTION
    Last edited by ThatsWhatHeSaid; 11-27-2013 at 01:49 AM.

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Hi and bienvenido!

If you're interested in sharing any short stories on here I think that would be really cool!

If not, that's cool too : )
    Hope you enjoy your time here.
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

MBTI
    INtP

Quote Originally Posted by Aspie aspiring View Post

Hope to see you around!
    hi!

im going to give a statement based on an opinion of mine, it may or may not be relivant, but thought i would share it any way!

dont get too hung up on ideas used in the world describing how you are!
    or
    labels only limit ones perception!
    If you see Eve, tell her I'm growing tired of walking the ends of the earth in trying to tell her no