User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: ESFJ

MBTI
    ESFJ

Default ESFJ

So far, I find what little I've learned of MBTI to be interesting. I think MBTI can be a good tool to help us with a generic idea of how to connect and communicate with others who think and act differently than ourselves, but I'm uncomfortable when this information is used for stereotyping purposes instead. I'm not sure yet how active I'll be, but I look forward to exploring the forum and learning a little more about what you have to offer. Feel free to check out my blog, it's linked in my signature. I'll see you around.
    . Salmon Hand Roll .
    A Blog

Awesome, and welcome Sakedon.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakedon View Post
    I think MBTI can be a good tool to help us with a generic idea of how to connect and communicate with others who think and act differently than ourselves, but I'm uncomfortable when this information is used for stereotyping purposes instead.
    I am with you on that!
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

MBTI
    yupp

ooh and esfj *pets the esfj* nice kitty/puppy purr woof

p.s. your a rare breed and i don't like sterotypes either, though i do say them in a joking matter.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    I am with you on that!
    I'm exceedingly skeptical in believing that in all the world, all mankind is born into one of 16 possible personality types, and our four letter score is our doom. Like I said, if you'd like to use MBTI as a loose guide of how to possibly communicate better between types, I'm on board. But there has to be wiggle room. Not every ESFJ, INTJ, ESFP, etc. is going to act exactly the same. You can't put people into neat little boxes and predict how an interaction is going to go every time. Personalities don't work that way. These forum-based hate-threads, or phrases like "Oh I could never date/be friends with a _____ they're insane! To much Ti/Fe. Can't breathe! Choking on emotions!" Grow up.

Just boils my bottom, really.
    . Salmon Hand Roll .
    A Blog

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Just boils my bottom, really.
    I really like this phrase.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

oh and WELCOME
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

MBTI
    INFJ

It just explains our different traits and ways of thinking. Its more of our internal makeup, is all. It dosnt mean we should put ourselves in a box, it just gives yourself and others a general idea on how we operate. If that makes any sense...

MBTI
    ESFJ

Thank you, Chanaynay!

Quote Originally Posted by davi5550 View Post
    It just explains our different traits and ways of thinking. Its more of our internal makeup, is all. It dosnt mean we should put ourselves in a box, it just gives yourself and others a general idea on how we operate. If that makes any sense...
    Davi: I'm speaking about the type of behaviour I've observed from others exhibited on forums like these. Self understanding and self improvement is great. Broadening the scope of communication is great. But those who seem to want to publish your four letter type as a rule book for how you have, should, and will perform in your day to day encounters with other people disgust me. That's why I get upset. Example: Just because you have a 'T' in your type does not make you an auto-bot devoid of emotion. It might mean that more often than not you might choose to put more thought into an action before sharing it with others (if at all), not that you didn't feel it in the first place. This also doesn't make you nuts, and shouldn't be subject to ridicule on public forum. If that helps to illustrate better where I'm coming from.
    . Salmon Hand Roll .
    A Blog

MBTI
    PORG
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

So far, I find what little I've learned of MBTI to be interesting. I think MBTI can be a good tool to help us with a generic idea of how to connect and communicate with others who think and act differently than ourselves, but I'm uncomfortable when this information is used for stereotyping purposes instead.
    I've found this to be true. That being said, I do find it very hard not to stereotype Enneagram 4 INFPs, but that's because I've known some of them very well. I'm trying not to, though.

I read up on Enneagram 4, with an eye towards understanding, not criticism, and I found that some things started to become a little more clear.

Anyway, I think we need more sensors around here in general.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    Anyway, I think we need more sensors around here in general.
    Thank you, Msg_v2
    . Salmon Hand Roll .
    A Blog