User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

Default INFP 4w5 here - How do I become part of team?

Hey guys, new to the forum. Thought I'd stop lurking make an obligatory "how's it going?" introductory post, since you all seem like a friendly, well informed bunch of people.

I'm an INFP 4w5, Ne dom if we're talking Socionics, which I like to think I keep under wraps all things considered. Did the whole recluse thing when I was in my late teens, it feels like such a waste considering how fulfilling my life has been for the past few years once I kicked those dark days to the curb.

I've been interested in typology for just over a year now and I'm pretty confident in my understanding of the cognitive functions and individuation, but I still feel as if I have a long way to go, so hopefully I'll be able to understand more the more I talk to you guys. It mainly came out of an interest in Jungian psychology, which I'm super stoked about, as well as just human behavior in general. It's quite powerful really, digging deep into people and understanding them on that deeper, sentimental level and typology satisfies that part of my brain that loves that kind of food for thought. Almost to the point where I'm having imaginary conversations with myself in the car when I'm driving home from work, hoping the car in front doesn't think I'm some crazy dude about to pull a gun out of the glove compartment to satisfy "the voices", haha.

Not much to say really. Work part time as a commis chef as well as an adult carer for a private home. I chain smoke, cook food, exercise and listen to a lot of far out music, anything weird, theatrical or melancholic is usually what interests me the most. Play bass guitar. Love reading, writing and would love to create something of my own someday. Maybe if that pesky Ne didn't get in the way... Look at it, twirling its mustache, reminding me that Steam is having another sale on. I'll get though that backlog someday. Someday...

So yeah, life's going smooth enough for me at the minute. A little bit bummed out over breaking up with my girlfriend of 10 months, but I guess we both just got our own little issues to work on and well... I won't bore you with the details. It's probably not worth it on an introduction post which should be simple and straight to the point.

Anyway, apologies for the wall of text. Nice meeting you all.

As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Hey James W! Sorry to hear about your break-up...never an easy thing. In any case, welcome to the forum!

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Hullo

Come on in, man! Hope to see ya around the forums.
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

MBTI
    yupp

Hi just post wherever you fancy and people will either like you or they suck and are assholes which you don't need. so only stick with the people who like you. I don't know you, but I think I could like you.

ndovjtjcaqidthi

You slap the bass? : D

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Saudade View Post
    You slap the bass? : D
    Yeah man, I love that sound Picked myself a cheap little Fender Squier not too long and just taught myself the basics. I guess the next step is to find some guys to jam with and not suck so much. And hey, if they're into bleak post punk music from the 80s, all the better, haha.

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    Hi just post wherever you fancy and people will either like you or they suck and are assholes which you don't need. so only stick with the people who like you. I don't know you, but I think I could like you.
    Well, I don't like to judge, (which is a lie cause' I'm an Fi user,) but I can dig it what you're saying. Gotta stay true to yourself and what matters to you the most. Us INFP bros gotta look out for each other man.

And thanks for the warm welcome guys. Much appreciated

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Quote Originally Posted by James W View Post
    Yeah man, I love that sound Picked myself a cheap little Fender Squier not too long and just taught myself the basics. I guess the next step is to find some guys to jam with and not suck so much.
    That's the best.

Quote Originally Posted by James W View Post
    And hey, if they're into bleak post punk music from the 80s, all the better, haha.
    BPPMFTE is the shit, haha.

Anew Leaf

Welcome to a fellow 4w5 .

I find it interesting that you are Ne-dom in Socionics because I am Ni-dom in Socionics. I shall be interested to see how this difference plays out in our future interactions on the forum.

What is a commis chef? I have heard of sous... but commis sounds like you wear a lot of red and sing Russian songs.

failed poetry slam career chubber's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    I find it interesting that you are Ne-dom in Socionics because I am Ni-dom in Socionics. I shall be interested to see how this difference plays out in our future interactions on the forum.
    Yeah I don't get that part, how does that work?

MBTI INFP => INFj (or maybe INFx) http://www.sociotype.com/socionics/types/EII-INFj/
    MBTI INFJ => INFp (or maybe INFx) http://www.sociotype.com/socionics/types/IEI-INFp/

neither has Ne as a Dom function, so what gives?

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by chubber View Post
    Yeah I don't get that part, how does that work?

MBTI INFP => INFj (or maybe INFx) http://www.sociotype.com/socionics/types/EII-INFj/
    MBTI INFJ => INFp (or maybe INFx) http://www.sociotype.com/socionics/types/IEI-INFp/

neither has Ne as a Dom function, so what gives?
    Because the system is completely different even if it mistakenly uses the same kind of jargon that Mbti jcf uses. Ni in that system is very different from Ni in Mbti.

My guess is that he tests as infp in Mbti but enfp in socionics.