User Tag List

First 123 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 25

  1. #11
    Analytical Dreamer Coriolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    17,582

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    I like your avatar too. However @Edgar has taught me that only nfp and homosexual males have black and white avatars; so i'm assuming. Welcome to the forum by the way. I hope you'd enjoy it as much as I do.
    Really? I thought I dispelled that misconception once and for all.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    I like your avatar. You can stay.
    But you will have to change your avatar.

    Welcome, @anticlimatic.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

  2. #12
    Riva
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    Really? I thought I dispelled that misconception once and for all.
    The observation only applies to males obviously.

  3. #13
    Analytical Dreamer Coriolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    17,582

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    The observation only applies to males obviously.
    Not obvious at all. Your original statement specified that only people belonging to a certain group (nfp and gay men) have black/white avatars. Since I am none of the above, your statement is false. I seem to recall a few other women who have used b/w avatars as well; Vasilisa and NerdGirl come to mind. If you mean "the only men who use b/w avatars are either gay or nfp", you should have said so.

    (Not to nitpick, but this kind of declarative sloppiness is irksome.)
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

  4. #14
    Senior Member Nicodemus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    9,133

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    But you will have to change your avatar.

  5. #15
    Riva
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    Not obvious at all. Your original statement specified that only people belonging to a certain group (nfp and gay men) have black/white avatars. Since I am none of the above, your statement is false. I seem to recall a few other women who have used b/w avatars as well; Vasilisa and NerdGirl come to mind. If you mean "the only men who use b/w avatars are either gay or nfp", you should have said so.

    (Not to nitpick, but this kind of declarative sloppiness is irksome.)
    Yes when I said -

    only nfp and homosexual males have black and white avatars
    I meant 'the only males who use b/w avatars are nfps are gays'.

    With the change of the structure of this beautiful language one could mean a completely different thing is something I love about it. However it amazes me that Yoda didn't mess up in any of the movies. Wait maybe he did? But we would never know.

    Lolz no! You are not giving me a hard time. You are not the type who can even if you try. It would be really sad if you think you can give a hard time to members of a forum such as this by correcting one's grammar. It would work in a SJ forum or maybe even INTJ forum but not here. However if you ever do come across a mistake and correct it; I would - as I am now - would simply thank you. So thank you!

    The only person who seems to have the ability to push my buttons over and over is the one above me. Correcting my grammar wouldn't push me over the edge.

  6. #16
    Senior Member Jaguar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    12,443

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anticlimatic View Post
    I was finally ejected by those circle-jerking asshats for not being Te enough.
    That comment made me spit out my coffee, laughing.

    Welcome.

  7. #17
    Analytical Dreamer Coriolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    17,582

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    Lolz no! You are not giving me a hard time. You are not the type who can even if you try. It would be really sad if you think you can give a hard time to members of a forum such as this by correcting one's grammar. It would work in a SJ forum or maybe even INTJ forum but not here. However if you ever do come across a mistake and correct it; I would - as I am now - would simply thank you. So thank you!

    The only person who seems to have the ability to push my buttons over and over is the one above me. Correcting my grammar wouldn't push me over the edge.
    Well, it took my questioning your original statement to reveal it was simply a matter of grammar and not of meaning. Ordinarily I don't waste time on correcting grammar -- unless it prevents me from understanding what the person really means. I have been known to make fun of typos, though.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

  8. #18
    Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,810

    Default

    I hope you find what you are looking for.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

    Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

  9. #19
    Senior Member SensEye's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTp
    Posts
    213

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    i figured it might. Here's the doorway...

    Intpcentral.com


    Enjoy your custom tailored circlejerking experience
    I prefer INTPC over this place as a rule, but it's dark days at INTPC currently due to the residue of the vbulletin hack. Traffic has been driven to a crawl so the noob should not judge it too hastely if he chooses to visit now (not to mention the spam will drive him crazy).

  10. #20
    Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,810

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SensEye View Post
    I prefer INTPC over this place as a rule, but it's dark days at INTPC currently due to the residue of the vbulletin hack. Traffic has been driven to a crawl so the noob should not judge it too hastely if he chooses to visit now (not to mention the spam will drive him crazy).
    Most of these forums are just a different degree of hell, hacked or not.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

    Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

Similar Threads

  1. [INTJ] I [INTJ] made a bold move on another [INTJ] - Have I messed it up?
    By Rrukel in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-10-2016, 06:41 AM
  2. Not another INTJ...
    By TheKei in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 07-22-2008, 05:18 AM
  3. Squeeze the lime. Just another INTJ here.
    By Pink Lime in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 07-21-2008, 05:55 AM
  4. Another intj
    By harold in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 08-08-2007, 10:47 PM
  5. Another INTJ, woohoo!
    By Metamorphosis in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 05-10-2007, 08:19 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO