User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by bandit View Post
    Hi Firelie, Samuel, CaptainChick, Orangey, nemo and Averex

Samuel: I will have a look at Rachmaninoff. I've heard a lot about the composer, never got around to listen to a few pieces. Yes, I love the Romantic period. A fellow band member, a guitarist, whose favourite musician is Yngwie Malmsteen, actually started talking about Bach and counterpoint and since then, I got hooked. He describes Bach as 'bouncy'! Btw, I really like your avatar. Vishnu? My boyfriend and I, we love pictures of Radha and Krishna. So serene, calm... beautiful.

Orangey: very cute avatar too!
    I never got over Malmsteen's "Blackstar", I believe that was the name... guitar heroes... Eric Johnson's "Cliffs of Dovers" also got the virtuoso-melodic guitar hero thing down to a tee. There are some music threads where we can get more into this... but....

Perfect for guitarists... guitarists usually fall in love with two classical composers in particular: Bach for Baroque and Paganini for Romantic... Andre Segovia played lots of Bach on his guitar and lots of classical and non-classical guitarists have been getting into Paganini's mostly solo violin works (Eliot Fisk does some great renditions; shows you what can be done with a guitar). Get a good recording of the Paganini caprices as played for violin (Kavakos, Midori, Perlman, Menhuin, all good)... they'll blow your mind.

Yes... as far as love goes there are perhaps equal, but no superior, images than those of Radha and Krishna... I spent a lot of time in Vrindavan (where Radha and Krishna were together)... it was pretty nice, though the forest playground has been overtaken by what's essentially a tiny metropolis, or a very large town.
    Madman's azure lie: a zen miasma ruled.

Realize us, Madman!

I razed a slum, Amen.

MBTI
    INXP

Hello there

Pondering about INFJ eh. I think this is one of the more difficult types to identify.. even to self assess. It always carries a certain warmth, and singularity of purpose, to me.

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Welcome!
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    meh

Welcome Bandit

MBTI
    INFJ

Hi Alcea and Geoff

Thank you Falcarius, Little Linguist and Sarcasticus

Samuel: I've numerous musician friends and peers who are into Eric Johnson even if they're playing totally different musical genres. Paganini. Yes, I will. I just looked up Paganini at Wikipedia. Brilliant! Perfect timing too. I'm the in the classical 'zone' at the moment, listening to preludes, fugues, etudes, nocturnes, concertos, etc. Before this I was going all nuts over Miles Davis for a period of half a year. I went through 6 of his albums I will bring up the name of the place, Vrindavan when I see my bf. Everytime we walk around and pass by stores with posters and paintings of Radha and Krishna, it almost seems as if time stands still for him. He'll admire all of the pictures for a very, very long time.

And yes, I will head on over to the music threads too

Geoff: It was quite difficult for me to grasp the theory that out of a total of 16 possible personality types, one type can describe the similar character traits of millions, perhaps billions of unique individuals. It was mind boggling at first. But I agree with you. For me, I'm now able to gain a more defined understanding of myself that I've never been able to see as clearly before, through this sort of personality assessment. Before, it was more of a blur, trial & error, wild guess, based on past experiences, which I've come to realise, doesn't always accurately project who I really am. I find that communication with those around me have improved significantly as well. I'm also able to clearly pin point my weaknesses and work on them. These 2 years have definitely been a very gradual but fruitful personal growth.

MBTI
    INTP

Hi. So what profile do you most identify with? From what I understand, that is the last question on the exam and worth 90% of the final.

MBTI
    INFJ

Hi BryNTP. INFJ. I'm sure of it now.

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Yo. Hope you have fun here.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

I thought I was INFJ at first but with the help of Averex and functions I found I was a ISFJ/P borderline.

MBTI
    INFJ

Hi Jeffster. I'm sure I will

Hi MEC Borderline ISFJ/P? That's interesting! I have friends and a cousin who are ISFJ. I get along with them quite well and I like them a lot