User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Well, I am not a very religious person. Extremely over simplifying It would be saying that I believe that the vast majority of the human population has and always will have a psychological need for religion. I am too logical a person to have religion-_-.(can be debated thoroughly, but this is my personal acclamation.) If you stop and think of it from my standpoint, most things do stem into human psychology. Speaking strictly on things affected by people. Not Like the development of earth and space of course.
    The Symbol of the King*The Absolute Does Not Exist*Kingship Will Bring Me Freedom
    5w4-4w5-1w9

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by Liason View Post
    Well, I am not a very religious person. Extremely over simplifying It would be saying that I believe that the vast majority of the human population has and always will have a psychological need for religion. I am too logical a person to have religion-_-.(can be debated thoroughly, but this is my personal acclamation.)
    Yes this seems to be a common viewpoint among INTJs I notice. Logic and faith are not necessarily opposities, rather faith is the acknowledgement the limits of logic.

I believe CS Lewis was INTJ. Either way, you maybe interested in the writings of St. Thomas Aquinas, who often presented religious arguments(including his famous 5 proofs) in clear logical manners. Same with St. Anselm of Canterbury.

Concerning the pyschological need for religion; Kierkegaard made the argument that many people have a psychological need NOT to believe in God as well. Not because there's actually a lack of proof for God, but rather because the notion of God is an insult to their innate sense of pride.

Kierkegaard termed this as despair to will to be oneself. As he stated:

"With the help of this infinite form, the self in despair wants to be master of itself or to create itself, to make his self into the self he wants to be, to determine what he will have or not have in his concrete self."

And of course a person in such a state cannot tolerate the notion of an all-powerful being dictating what they can or cannot do.

There have been studies into the psychology of irreligion as well.

If you stop and think of it from my standpoint, most things do stem into human psychology. Speaking strictly on things affected by people. Not Like the development of earth and space of course.

Yes I know. As a religious person, of course, most things do not stem from mere human pyschology. Concerning the debate between Behavioralism and Humanism, my sympathies are clearly with the latter perspective.

Are you more into Behavioralism?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    Yes this seems to be a common viewpoint among INTJs I notice. Logic and faith are not necessarily opposites, rather faith is the acknowledgment the limits of logic.

I believe CS Lewis was INTJ. Either way, you maybe interested in the writings of St. Thomas Aquinas, who often presented religious arguments(including his famous 5 proofs) in clear logical manners. Same with St. Anselm of Canterbury.

Concerning the psychological need for religion; Kierkegaard made the argument that many people have a psychological need NOT to believe in God as well. Not because there's actually a lack of proof for God, but rather because the notion of God is an insult to their innate sense of pride.

Kierkegaard termed this as despair to will to be oneself. As he stated:

"With the help of this infinite form, the self in despair wants to be master of itself or to create itself, to make his self into the self he wants to be, to determine what he will have or not have in his concrete self."

And of course a person in such a state cannot tolerate the notion of an all-powerful being dictating what they can or cannot do.

There have been studies into the psychology of irreligion as well.

Yes I know. As a religious person, of course, most things do not stem from mere human psychology. Concerning the debate between Behavioralism and Humanism, my sympathies are clearly with the latter perspective.

Are you more into Behavioralism?
    Definitely Behavioralism.

And if you do look at it in that light it is true. Most INTJ's don't think on the other side of their theorizing. They do in a sense and up to a certain extent, however, we stop at a point when we feel logic is finished with(regardless if it is or not). I always enjoy converse with INFJ's. They bring different viewpoints to the table. As had been said by many a great person(In different wording)-I do not need someone who will tell me what I am already thinking, but an equal that will teach me different approaches.
    The Symbol of the King*The Absolute Does Not Exist*Kingship Will Bring Me Freedom
    5w4-4w5-1w9

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Welcome!

I'm the one you'll either love or hate!

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    Welcome!

I'm the one you either love or hate!
    Well, I don't really care enough about anyone enough to hate them so love ya. lol.
    Aren't you on INTJforum.com too?
    5w4-4w5-1w9

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Aren't you on INTJforum.com too?
    Yes.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I'm happy. I just became a member there. over 80 posts there in under 5 days. not bad for a 14 year old.
    5w4-4w5-1w9

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I'm late jumping on the band wagon, but welcome, Liason.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by nadirmg View Post
    I'm late jumping on the band wagon, but welcome, Liason.
    Don't worry. You weren't late. I was early. ha ha.
    INteresting signature <-that was a pun if you didn't notice
    5w4-4w5-1w9

Sniffles

Yeah I figured you supported Behavioralism.

I always enjoy converse with INFJ's. They bring different viewpoints to the table. As had been said by many a great person(In different wording)-I do not need someone who will tell me what I am already thinking, but an equal that will teach me different approaches.
    I share a similar perspective. I have the ability to connect with people of various different viewpoints. INTJs can be interesting to discuss with sometimes, untill they start over-analyzing every word you said. I find that irritating to no end; not least of which because my style of argumentation is more mystical in style(lack of a better term).

But anyways, welcome to the place. You seem like an interesting gal, especially considering your young age.