First 12345 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    AvereX is trying to say you're probably an INFJ in denial.
    Dear Liason,

he's kidding

Yours truly,
    Captain Obvious
    I N V I C T U S

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by JustDave View Post
    Funny thing about biking, from 10 years old until 17 years old my friends and I loved riding bikes (mostly BMX and MTB). I'm 27 now and want to start riding again. Any chance you could recommend a durable road bike? Or brand? Do Cannondale and GT still produce quality bikes?
    I don't really dabble in brands, but if you do get a bike, a good road bike is made of aluminum or an aluminum carbon mix. If you want to go a step higher that's fine, but it does go into the thousands after that. As for gears, 24 gear triple speeds are my favourites.
    The Symbol of the King*The Absolute Does Not Exist*Kingship Will Bring Me Freedom
    5w4-4w5-1w9

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by Liason View Post
    Well, an example would be that I theorize on psychology comparatively with the relevance it has to religion and what part it played/still plays constantly in the development of it.

As for books, I read a vast majority of fiction ie anne rice, I do read some historical fiction like wuthering heights and pillars of the earth. I enjoy psychology books as well.
    Psychology is one of my more peripheral interests. I read some, but not too much. History, Sociology, Polical-Social Philosophy are usually more my cup of tea.

MBTI
    xNTP

Thanks for the advice. If/when I buy a bike I will be sure to look for one with an aluminum frame and 24 speeds. One last question, if I may. Isn't aluminum a bit stiff? Seems to me that such a bike would have a "rough" ride.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Social philosophy is one of my sub interests. Of course my main ones are their demanding as much attention as possible, but I have a vast number of interests in general. As long as a subject isn't crowded with idiots or too simple to take an interest in I generally like it.
    The Symbol of the King*The Absolute Does Not Exist*Kingship Will Bring Me Freedom
    5w4-4w5-1w9

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by JustDave View Post
    Thanks for the advice. If/when I buy a bike I will be sure to look for one with an aluminum frame and 24 speeds. One last question, if I may. Isn't aluminum a bit stiff? Seems to me that such a bike would have a "rough" ride.
    If it says aluminum it means aluminum alloy(alloy=a mix of metals). try for an aluminum frame with a carbon fork. If it still is too stiff you can always get a soft ride or a hybrid. (though soft rides can get pricey as well.)
    5w4-4w5-1w9

Sniffles

Social philosophy is one of my sub interests. Of course my main ones are their demanding as much attention as possible, but I have a vast number of interests in general. As long as a subject isn't crowded with idiots or too simple to take an interest in I generally like it.

Oh yes I know that feeling. I'm overwhelmed by the myriad of ideas swimming in my head, and sadly you can only concentrate on one at a time.

What aspects of Social Philosophy interest you? Recently I've been looking into the theories of Leo Strauss and Lord Acton.

MBTI
    xNTP

Got it. Thanks again.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    Oh yes I know that feeling. I'm overwhelmed by the myriad of ideas swimming in my head, and sadly you can only concentrate on one at a time.

What aspects of Social Philosophy interest you? Recently I've been looking into the theories of Leo Strauss and Lord Acton.
    It doesn't cross my mind often enough for me to look into it(it's just how we INTJ's minds are-too filled with ideas to think straight-)but like all things, if you go in deep enough everything ties into human psychology. Therein lies how my interest is found in it. I think (when I think on it) more on modern sociology and how it plays out in our society influencing people's own opinions and mindset's and eventually changing governments.
    5w4-4w5-1w9

Sniffles

It doesn't cross my mind often enough for me to look into it(it's just how we INTJ's minds are-too filled with ideas to think straight-)but like all things, if you go in deep enough everything ties into human psychology. Therein lies how my interest is found in it. I think (when I think on it) more on modern sociology and how it plays out in our society influencing people's own opinions and mindset's and eventually changing governments.
    Human psychology is certainly an important, although I don't think everything necessarily revolves around it. Even then it depends on how one addresses the issue. Take the example of Nietzsche vs. Kierkegaard. I'm more sympathetic to the latter's perspectives.