12 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    IEI

Default Found out I'm an INFJ and it's racking my brain

First took the MBTI test when I was 22 and was an INFP and that was the last period in my life where I tested as one. While at the time it seemed to have fit me to the t, I was extremely depressed and had been so for most of my childhood and early adulthood. Then, I started testing as INTJ. Was not an INTJ, got yelled at by a small MBTI group that I was an INFP so I started claiming to be one again though never really felt that was me or related to other INFPs. Yeah, yeah, everyone wants to be an INFJ and according to that wacky EJArendee on youtube, he can't even meet INFJs because INFPs are pretending to be them. INFPs are also rare. Why would you want to torment yourself by being alienated anyways?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQgYgmrOqrk

There is also the stereotype that "INFPs hate themselves so you just don't want to be one".

I've been reading more about the cognitive functions and it's racking my brain that I might actually be an INFJ. I get it now. My primary function is Ni, second function Fe. It would make sense that I've gotten INTJ on tests before because we both use Ni. I was never interested in any of the INFP forums; didn't relate or was annoyed. One of the characteristics of INFPs I didn't relate to is how most of them seemed to take things personally. How they would turn something that wasn't even about them and feel offended. Anyways, here's a video blog I made this weekend. INFJs tend to be able to know their own kind. So, what's your opinion and why? It's done in one take and had just woken up. Pretty hung over from celebrating my birthday the night before. Had thought about doing it over after watching it and thinking how depressing it sounded and thought if some people in my lives got a hold of it, they might worry. If you think I'm actually an INFP, I'll gladly stop posing as an INFJ.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFxDFf8rGls

Here's a video from 2011. A friend and my dad had passed away shortly before this video, but it's actually funny despite the sadness I was feeling. I kept taping it over and over until it was funny. Disregard the numbers I was spewing off in the beginning. I am obviously not an INTJ.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYz-_ndH40A

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Quote Originally Posted by visiitor View Post
    Yeah, yeah, everyone wants to be an INFJ

WALMART

Try out the bottom of the barrell, ESFJ. Then you can do whatever you want and feel good about it.

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

First took the MBTI test when I was 22 and was an INFP and that was the last period in my life where I tested as one. While at the time it seemed to have fit me to the t, I was extremely depressed and had been so for most of my childhood and early adulthood. Then, I started testing as INTJ. Was not an INTJ, got yelled at by a small MBTI group that I was an INFP so I started claiming to be one again though never really felt that was me 100%. Yeah, yeah, everyone wants to be an INFJ and according that wacky EJArendee on youtube, he can't even meet INFJs because INFPs are pretending to be them.
    There was also that claim that INFPs hate themselves so I just didn't want to be myself.

I've been reading more about the cognitive functions and it's racking my brain that I might actually be an INFJ. Was never interested in any of the INFP forums; didn't relate or was annoyed. I get it now. My primary function is Ni, second function Fe. One of the characteristics of INFPs I didn't relate to is how most of them seemed to take things personally. How they would turn something that wasn't even about them and feel offended. Anyways, here's a video blog I made this weekend. It's done in one took and had just woken up. Pretty hung over from celebrating my birthday the night before. Decide for yourself. If you think I'm actually an INFP, I'll glad stop posing as an INFJ.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFxDFf8rGls

INFJ and INFP are pretty different in function order so while there may seem like one letter difference their role function is very different. Maybe try a function order test and see if that helps.

Also, the 'tests' are self typing tests, no-one has the right to shout at you about who you identify as, that's ridiculous. You are whoever you identify yourself to be.

Try not to worry too much about other people, especially if they are trying to manipulate you into choosing what they want you to be.

If you say you are INFJ and happy with that then that's good enough for me. If you decide you want to take a clooser look at your type and want to start a type me thread I'll be happy to have a look and comment etc...be prepared though, you may end up more confused that when you started.

But anyway.... long post.

Welcome
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    IEI

Yes, please type me. Is there a different place I should be doing that other than here? I don't want to be posing as an INFJ if I am not one.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by HelenOfTroy View Post
    INFJ and INFP are pretty different in function order so while there may seem like one letter difference their role function is very different. Maybe try a function order test and see if that helps.

Also, the 'tests' are self typing tests, no-one has the right to shout at you about who you identify as, that's ridiculous. You are whoever you identify yourself to be.

Try not to worry too much about other people, especially if they are trying to manipulate you into choosing what they want you to be.

If you say you are INFJ and happy with that then that's good enough for me. If you decide you want to take a clooser look at your type and want to start a type me thread I'll be happy to have a look and comment etc...be prepared though, you may end up more confused that when you started.

But anyway.... long post.

Welcome
    Took the cognitive functions test at http://cognitivequiz.com/

Based on your cognitive functions, your type is most likely:
    Most Likely: INFJ
    or Second Possibility: INFP
    or Third Possibility: ENFP

Your Cognitive Functions:
    Introverted Intuition (Ni) ||||||||||||||||||||||| 10.635
    Introverted Feeling (Fi) |||||||||||||||||||||| 10.17
    Extroverted Intuition (Ne) |||||||||||||||||||||| 10.11
    Extroverted Feeling (Fe) ||||||||||||||||||||| 9.91
    Extroverted Thinking (Te) |||||||||||| 5.24
    Introverted Thinking (Ti) ||||||||||| 4.76
    Introverted Sensation (Si) || -0.46
    Extroverted Sensation (Se) || -1.97

Your Extroverted Intuition (Ne) is moderate.
    Your Introverted Intuition (Ni) is moderate.
    Your Introverted Thinking (Ti) is moderate.
    Your Extroverted Thinking (Te) is moderate.
    Your Extroverted Feeling (Fe) is moderate.
    Your Introverted Feeling (Fi) is moderate.
    Your Introverted Sensation (Si) is low.
    Your Extroverted Sensation (Se) is poorly developed.

Your cognitive functions are, in order of development:
    Ni - Fi - Ne - Fe - Te - Ti - Si - Se

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

... and according to that wacky EJArendee on youtube, he can't even meet INFJs because INFPs are pretending to be them. INFPs are also rare. Why would you want to torment yourself by being alienated anyways?
    Just so you know, he posts here on this forum.
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    IEI

Brang it.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by Saudade View Post
    According to EJ, INFJ in socionics is IEI so I took it, that's what I got.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp
    Socionics
    LIE

Welcome to the forum, INFJ. (You seem like one but its up to you what type you are).