User Tag List

Thread: Hey, Yo, Hello!

MBTI
    ESFP

Default Hey, Yo, Hello!

Hello, I am a 25 y/o guy from Eastern Europe who is unsure if he's an E or an I. I'm mostly sure about the SFP type. Thing is I was really talkative as a kid, craved attention and I still have that inbuilt need to belong, to have meaningful connections with people and I hate to be ignored, I want attention from people. I'd rather read when there are other people in the room so that I can feel their presence and so that we can talk from time to time. Around high school I became depressed and shy and that led to frustration as I wanted to have meaningful connections to others, but I was no longer able to find the right words. Yet, I don't think an introvert would dread solitary activities as much as I do. Also, by retreat I don't mean time alone by myself, but time spent with a person or two by my side. I go nuts when I have to walk alone somewhere. I wish I had 100 friends so that I would be able to have someone by my side all the time, even when I go to the grocery store, or to work. Anyway, I hope that I'll find my true type.

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Hi and welcome!!

I tooootally know what you mean about wanting someone to go to the grocery store with you : )

Hope you enjoy the discussion here!
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

MBTI
    ESFP

Haha, no kidding. If I have to describe myself in a sentence it would be "I can stand being alone only in the bathroom/under the shower." That's why I have doubts about me being introverted.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp
    Socionics
    LIE

Welcome to the forum. Enjoy your time here and make connections this way if you wish? Although it may not be as "deep" if you will as "in person" ones but I assume you have come here to make friends as well. You seem very ESFP... like my mother you remind me a lot of her already.

MBTI
    ESFP

@Mitsuko Souma, nice to meet you!
    Well I'm still unsure if I'm an I or an E and even people over here still cannot type me. I am sure, however, that I prefer non-deep, light conversations to the more serious, deeper discussions. As far as I know this is a classic E trait. I regard conversations as a way to connect to people, to share energy and good vibes with them, not as a way to delve into the subjects discussed if that makes sense. I also prefer talking about other people and obvious things (Look, what a cute cat!) than about ideas or current events. I am more people-oriented I guess.

The Unwieldy Clawed One Falcarius's Avatar
    MBTI
    COOL
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    Dino None

Hello, and welcome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalassa View Post
    Oh our 3rd person reference to ourselves denotes nothing more than we realize we are epic characters on the forum.

Narcissism, plain and simple.

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    2w1 so
    Socionics
    ESE

Welcome to the club!
    The World will never be satisfied with who you truly are.
    Because the World doesn't understand the beauty
    of what you were made to be.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp
    Socionics
    LIE

Quote Originally Posted by sporty View Post
    @Mitsuko Souma, nice to meet you!
    Well I'm still unsure if I'm an I or an E and even people over here still cannot type me. I am sure, however, that I prefer non-deep, light conversations to the more serious, deeper discussions. As far as I know this is a classic E trait. I regard conversations as a way to connect to people, to share energy and good vibes with them, not as a way to delve into the subjects discussed if that makes sense. I also prefer talking about other people and obvious things (Look, what a cute cat!) than about ideas or current events. I am more people-oriented I guess.
    The preference for "non-deep, light conversations" usually is more sensing than intuitive and "more people-oriented" may be extroverted or a feeling trait... It depends on what you mean by that but the rest of it sounds more extroverted for sure. I won't tell you which type you are between ISFP/ESFP but you do give off the ESFP type more than ISFP in my opinion.