User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    ENTP

Default Well...a Cuban ENTP newbie

Hi all

I just got into MBTI and Jung some years ago. Then, I learned a lot about Type and Jungian theory and afterwards I let all these knowledge to settle and integrate while I was living and learning in other issues. Now, that I am aproeaching the Half Century Mark I came back to learn about all of this in another, more deep, level.

I am Cuban (born Havana, 1963) and I currently live in Santiago de Compostela, Spain (since 1994). I am an Architectura BA graduate but I am currently a graphic design and IT consultant freelancer.

I am an almost "pure" ENTP (checked theory vs reality) in almost all the bright and dark sides of it.

I'm not English native speaker so I present in advance my apologies for any language or expression mistake I could make.

Besides my extroverted inclination it is possible that I spend some time here reading and learning before to involve actively in any discussion. It is not lack of interest at all, but sometimes lack of time or learned behavior to shut up until I could make a valid or interesting point (development of mid-age introversion could be said)

Currently, my main area of interest is: How to purporsely redirect my libido/elan pulsion to money/property/prestige instead of my natural inclination to knowledge/creation with crude disregard of the formers?

It seems a weird question in a world mainly driven to the money but my main problem is precisely the crude earth problems derived from my natural lack of interest in money/property which by now I understand I should correct forcefully against a strong internal ressistance.

Society

*crossing my fingers that this will survive the translation*
    i've being there - it's difficult to keep interest in the practical needs long enough to build up the resources, reliability and ties for the theoretical/creative ones to become realistic. the trigger for Ne is potential - the difficulty is re-finding it in every step.

one mindset that i found helpful in guiding your own whims - your inner child - is to be your own parent. part of good parenting IMO is designing reliable systems & understanding of encouraging the desired behavior. for the general requirements of life, a solution that works for me is to game it - taking items from your to do list can feel just as pleasurable as leveling a character in a computer game.

for larger tasks - i still struggle - long term projects can become incredibly frustrating for me past my interest. sometimes i can take a step back, examine the potential and re-frame the project in my head in order to present new challenges for the foundations and infrastructure, even if you never reach the point of implementing the additional requirements. this is sort of placing the target at 112% of what is needed in order to get to a 90% of your goal (ending up doing 100.8% of what was needed).

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

yeah damn ne and it's love of potential. i too struggle with this.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Welcome

I have a hard time with it too. Ne likes to play too much for realistic concern.

I am trying to direct my career to a position where I will be paid and respected for what I inherently tend to do.

I am sorry I do not have much good advice, but I empathize.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp
    Socionics
    LIE

Welcome to the forum. *Smiles sadistically*

MBTI
    ENTP

Dear Mane:
    You suggets two possible behaviour strategies:
    1. To play to be teacher and pupil, parent and son alternatively. I just was thinking about these days: I feel a triple identification with the Hero, Puer Aeternus and Senex archetypes. I was teaching for 5 years some time ago and today I enjoy inmensely to guide people into very different skills development, mental or physical. I supose that is time to play parenting myself.
    2. To derive joy from completing undesirable tasks and when completing unavoidable objectives. I agree also. I am trying to redirect the libido and to "generate" real, momentaneous pleasure from doing and ticking off otherwise uninteresting tasks. It's a kind of game of to trick my inscounscient side.
    The idea is clear. The devil is on details.

Maybe psychoanalysis or some field of psychology in general have developed some more strategies to deal with this ENTP "shadow" side problem.

I don´t know if the topic is of enough interest to move to an adequate subforum own thread. Maybe some ENTP and NP people in general could be in the same situation.

MBTI
    ENTP

Lady X: I have learned to filter "potentials" to a adressable minimun. This is to manage the bright side. Now the battle is against my (our) shadow: the inheret undiscipline of the Perceiving part of our types. I have found that is almost impossible to try to be a little more "J" by brute force of discipline. Now I am trying to use consciousness, ingenuity and (external) knowledge to trick myself into what is needed. That`s what I am here.

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Quote Originally Posted by rolandz View Post
    Lady X: I have learned to filter "potentials" to a adressable minimun. This is to manage the bright side. Now the battle is against my (our) shadow: the inheret undiscipline of the Perceiving part of our types. I have found that is almost impossible to try to be a little more "J" by brute force of discipline. Now I am trying to use consciousness, ingenuity and (external) knowledge to trick myself into what is needed. That`s what I am here.
    Dude, X. Yes. Is that like using Te?
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

MBTI
    ENTP

Skylights:
    That`s exactly the ideal/main objective. To be paid by what by what your type is best at.

Mitsuko: Thanks. I understand that`s not easy. That`s what I am here: hard questions, intelligent people

MBTI
    ENTP

Certainly, I should use whatever tool I have at hand. For example introverted Thinking