User Tag List

First 12

Results 11 to 16 of 16

  1. #11
    Musician Forever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    7,234

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fia View Post
    That disembodiment feeling is a Ni thing, and can be emphasized with a focus on Ni-Ti instead of Fe-Se. I have experienced that my entire life, so I will have to say that sentence resonated with me so much. How are you working on your functions?

    I've been making an effort to connect with people more and just experience life a bit more in the concrete rather than getting so lost in my head. It can be difficult for an INFJ to make that transition because we can be quickly overwhelmed by too much external data. If you are strongly introverted then the filtering process takes more time, especially if you are an iNtuitive.
    Oh wow, Ni-Ti is what I am trying to cling on to because I don't have to get so absorbed in sensual things from Fe-Se and don't know how to control emotions I get from Fe. I really wish that I can just let Ni and Fe work it with it checked by Ti and Se. Right now, what I really want is to connect with people but I really fit with what my Enneagram instinctual variant: Sexual because I like one on one a lot and I am easily outspoken by others when it comes to talking to others in groups and I try every chance I can get to. I get jealous of ESTP's when they start connecting with everyone easily. I don't want to be popular, but I want to be comfortable with whomever I am talking to in the moment.

    When I do try dating, I love going into ESTP mode and it can be very fun, but I'll get burnt out from it sometimes and it's not appropriate everywhere you go haha.

    I also have a really hard time with STJ types because of the strictness of things which they follow, which ideas can get sometimes shut down quickly and they can be really boring at times. I try to get along with everyone I meet.

    I don't know a single INFJ in real life other than me, but I am glad at least on the internet I can find some and perhaps in real life eventually when I start asking around more now. I am very introverted as it is, but I can be very talkative and love to share things I know with people whenever it pops in my head.
    Last edited by Forever; 09-11-2013 at 04:13 PM. Reason: Useless words.

  2. #12
    darkened dreams labyrinthine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    8,587

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Forever View Post
    Oh wow, Ni-Ti is what I am trying to cling on to because I don't have to get so absorbed in sensual things from Fe-Se and don't know how to control emotions I get from Fe. I really wish that I can just let Ni and Fe work it with it checked by Ti and Se. Right now, what I really want is to connect with people but I really fit with what my Enneagram instinctual variant: Sexual because I like one on one a lot and I am easily outspoken by others when it comes to talking to others in groups and I try every chance I can get to. I get jealous of ESTP's when they start connecting with everyone easily. I don't want to be popular, but I want to be comfortable with whomever I am talking to in the moment.

    When I do try dating, I love going into ESTP mode and it can be very fun, but I'll get burnt out from it sometimes and it's not appropriate everywhere you go haha.

    I also have a really hard time with STJ types because of the strictness of things which they follow, which ideas can get sometimes shut down quickly and they can be really boring at times. I try to get along with everyone I meet.

    I don't know a single INFJ in real life other than me, but I am glad at least on the internet I can find some and perhaps in real life eventually when I start asking around more now. I am very introverted as it is, but I can be very talkative and love to share things I know with people whenever it pops in my head.
    Cool.

    We are a lot alike. I cannot deal with group dynamics at all, and I've even made my teaching career focus on one-on-one. Group dynamics are way too complicated. I see and feel too many signals so that it produces an circuit overload which shuts the circuit breaker down. The only thing you mention that I don't relate to is going into ESTP mode since that is not something I've ever experienced and would not be capable of in any context. When stressed I first become more openly silly, and then when extremely stressed I get a bit like a Te person, trying to make decisions more straightforward with clear cause and effect rather than intuitive.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

    I want to be just like my mother, even if she is bat-shit crazy.

  3. #13
    Musician Forever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    7,234

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fia View Post
    Cool.

    We are a lot alike. I cannot deal with group dynamics at all, and I've even made my teaching career focus on one-on-one. Group dynamics are way too complicated. I see and feel too many signals so that it produces an circuit overload which shuts the circuit breaker down. The only thing you mention that I don't relate to is going into ESTP mode since that is not something I've ever experienced and would not be capable of in any context. When stressed I first become more openly silly, and then when extremely stressed I get a bit like a Te person, trying to make decisions more straightforward with clear cause and effect rather than intuitive.
    We should be friends!

    ESTP mode is only really for dating, I use it casually to really connect with women and when I know that they are attracted to me I can let go of all worries and totally come up with super Se/Ni things which can sound really cool because I have such a strong desire to get to know somebody and aren't afraid to move on. However, I still have standards I keep but it's still fun and everything. I love to always look good too, it really helps and some people think I am this "dynamo" that can go do crazy things haha.

    Maybe it isn't ESTP and I just use Ni/Fe really well and I am not an expert at typology. Integration of Ni and Se worldly and otherworldly sounds super difficult too, I wish I had musical ability to get the best of both worlds down through art but my perfectionism gets me out of hand and too frustrated to move on and become better with certain things like art.

  4. #14
    Junior Member bcoz14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Posts
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Forever View Post
    at first I got INFP
    I also got INFP at first and really thought I was enlightened! Then I read the description of an INFJ and realized I'd been denying some of my bad traits when taking the MBTI.

    Also, it's ironic how "we're not the best judgers" yet we tend to judge very quickly and often.

  5. #15
    ndovjtjcaqidthi
    Guest

    Default

    Edit: Whoops! I posted this in the wrong thread.

  6. #16
    Musician Forever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    7,234

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bcoz14 View Post
    I also got INFP at first and really thought I was enlightened! Then I read the description of an INFJ and realized I'd been denying some of my bad traits when taking the MBTI.

    Also, it's ironic how "we're not the best judgers" yet we tend to judge very quickly and often.
    Yeah, well we loved planned things, and unexpected things when we're already to the go. Irritates me a lot. I don't show it a lot, but it can irk every time still. Can be jealous of INFP's sometimes on their ability to just "go with the flow" on some things easier than I can.

Similar Threads

  1. [NF] Hello, new INFJ here!
    By Foxy Loxy in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 09-05-2015, 10:21 AM
  2. Hi , I'm a new INFJ here!
    By aliza in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-14-2011, 06:57 AM
  3. I'm also a new INFJ here
    By tonygoz in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-10-2011, 07:11 PM
  4. New INFJ here
    By Seraffa in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-15-2011, 02:47 PM
  5. Hello. New ISTJ here.. have a question
    By RooDee in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-04-2008, 12:46 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO