User Tag List

12 Last

Sheep pill, broster asynartetic's Avatar

Default greetings from an INFP

Hi everyone. I've been lurking here for a week or so, reading some interesting discussions and decided I wanted to participate.

Briefly about me:

I've taken the Myers-Briggs test several times. With the exception of once scoring as an INFJ, every time I've scored as an INFP. It seems to fit me like a glove. I'm also an aspie (asperger's syndrome), so I'm a rare and somewhat crazy breed.

I'm fortunate to have a lovely wife (herself an ISFP) who understands and puts up with all of my quirks and neurotic behavior and a four year old boy named Alexander who is the light in our lives. I see much of my wife and I in him, and yet he is also very much his own unique person.

I'm a junkie for typology. While shy and often the guy in the corner at social gatherings, I am constantly observing and studying those around me -- I often feel like an anthropologist on Mars (to quote Oliver Sacks).

While people can grate on my nerves and tax my reserves, I often feel a genuine need to care for and help people, particularly the ones close to me. If I walk past a homeless person, I feel impelled to give them money. I don't do this to feel better about myself; I do it because to not help seems unnatural and cruel to me. Who am I to judge this person and then determine they are unworthy of kindness because they are less fortunate than I? I spend many nights awake worrying about friends and family and will feel guilty about wronging someone as far back as my childhood, even though that person may have long forgotten the transgression.

I often have good ideas, yet implementing them can be troublesome.

I'm a perfectionist to the point of obsession. I can spend hours on a minor detail when making art or music.

I'm messy by nature, although I make a concerted effort to be clean and organized, especially at work.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Welcome new infp person ! Greetings is such an odd word isn't it? Greetings. It sounds like a non word. Or a mispronunciation or maybe I'm just sleepy. Sometimes often used words will suddenly sound foreign I'm not sure why.

And how cool that you've got an isfp wife... Some people were just saying how cute two fi doms would be in a relationship. I bet you guys are great and it will be interesting to see what kind of person your lil boy turns out to be.

Anyway... Nice to have ya.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Welcome new infp person ! Greetings is such an odd word isn't it? Greetings. It sounds like a non word. Or a mispronunciation or maybe I'm just sleepy. Sometimes often used words will suddenly sound foreign I'm not sure why.

And how cool that you've got an isfp wife... Some people were just saying how cute two fi doms would be in a relationship. I bet you guys are great and it will be interesting to see what kind of person your lil boy turns out to be.

There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Nice glasses. Do you have a prescription for those?

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post

thanks.

It's eerie how similar we are, yet also very different. She's a bit more adept at social situations.

I think my son may be an ENFP or ESFJ. Still difficult to tell at such a young age. He is extremely generous and seems to strive to take care of us and his peers. He seems very much an extrovert, never shying away from crowds at the playground or preschool.

Quote Originally Posted by Saudade View Post
    Nice glasses. Do you have a prescription for those?
    Thanks and yes... I am near-sighted.

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

@Lyedecker, hi! Glad to have you here. You sound awesome and I'm excited to hear what you have to say around the forum.

What kind if art and music do you make? I like the name Alexander. Good choice
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

I love a fairly broad range of musical styles. Some classical, film scores, a lot of rock (mostly artsy, indie, and progressive styles), a little bit of classic soul and funk, and just about anything else I like. I find Pandora Radio to be a good way of finding good new music that fits my tastes.

I play guitar, bass, and am teaching myself keyboards. I prefer not to sing but like making instrumental music.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    EIE

I'm an ENFJ and the only other person I know that's an INFP is my favorite person in the world!
    Welcome to the forum, the world could use more INFP's!
    "I'm CRAZY about giving teens confidence and their mentors competence!"

youtube.com/sierranoyd

Mark 9:23

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Lyedecker View Post
    I love a fairly broad range of musical styles. Some classical, film scores, a lot of rock (mostly artsy, indie, and progressive styles), a little bit of classic soul and funk, and just about anything else I like. I find Pandora Radio to be a good way of finding good new music that fits my tastes.

I play guitar, bass, and am teaching myself keyboards. I prefer not to sing but like making instrumental music.
    Awesome. Based on your description, I think we might overlap a lot in musical tastes. I use Pandora to discover new music, too, and have fallen in love with a few of the artists I found that way.

I sing mainly, but have dabbled with drums, guitar, and keys. I love singing Led Zeppelin and old No Doubt. Lots of fun vocals in their songs. My dad is a musician, so I grew up with it, and it's a huge part if my life.

What have you been listening to lately?
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP