First 234

MBTI
    PORG
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I suppose... but he didn't materialize next to her. She watches him walk over a decent distance to close the gap with her. Kind of amusing.
    Maybe he wanted to look at the waterfront?

I'm also curious about the rest of the world in the Matrix. In the first movie, it's definitely implied that there are other countries. There's newspaper clipping referncing Morpheus in London. That's the kind of thing I would have like to have been addressed at the ending.... the people inside the Matrix became sort of an afterthought by the time we got to the third movie.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Quote Originally Posted by Architect View Post
    Call me "Archie".

WALMART

Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    I'm also curious about the rest of the world in the Matrix. In the first movie, it's definitely implied that there are other countries. There's newspaper clipping referncing Morpheus in London. That's the kind of thing I would have like to have been addressed at the ending.... the people inside the Matrix became sort of an afterthought by the time we got to the third movie.
    The whole point of Neo going to the mainframe was to establish dominance over their system (in the form of cleansing the virus known as Smith) and coordinate a 'true' negotiation for the release of all those residing inside the Matrix - given the fact that The Architect explicitly numbers the times the machine race has had to 'reset' the establishment known as Zion, seven (or something). This is placed in context of all those still connected to the Matrix, as their status has been solidified in the first movie and slightly expounded upon in the second movie. There's no reason to really touch the concept again, because the focus has shifted to Neo's finale, and we know everything we need to know regarding his quest. The rest about the details of the world is up for you to imagine, and I love that about the film.

Also, I think the real world of the Matrix is another "layer" the machines devised. I don't know how many layers deep it goes, but I'm almost certain of this fact.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Quote Originally Posted by superunknown View Post
    The whole point of Neo going to the mainframe was to establish dominance over their system (in the form of cleansing the virus known as Smith) and coordinate a 'true' negotiation for the release of all those residing inside the Matrix - given the fact that The Architect explicitly numbers the times the machine race has had to 'reset' the establishment known as Zion, seven (or something). This is placed in context of all those still connected to the Matrix, as their status has been solidified in the first movie and slightly expounded upon in the second movie. There's no reason to really touch the concept again, because the focus has shifted to Neo's finale, and we know everything we need to know regarding his quest. The rest about the details of the world is up for you to imagine, and I love that about the film.

Also, I think the real world of the Matrix is another "layer" the machines devised. I don't know how many layers deep it goes, but I'm almost certain of this fact.
    What makes you think that? The only clue I could see to this theory being true is the fact that neo has magical powers in zion.

I didn't watch the entire animatrix but I'd like to.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    What makes you think that? The only clue I could see to this theory being true is the fact that neo has magical powers in zion.
    Yeah, I haven't yet decided is the lightning zap Neo performs at end of Reloaded is a true nod to the "layered" reality of the Matrix or just a brain fart by the directors.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

WALMART

I didn't watch the entire animatrix but I'd like to.
    Well, the directors were certainly alluding to something grander than Neo simply having magical powers. That would be completely uncharacteristic of their style, so I would rule the simplicity of that explanation out for certain, myself. I think it's really up to your imagination. Maybe:

A) Reality as we've always known it has no objective bounds as an inherent feature to the universe - maybe a sort of projected quantum interference, or god knows what other force manipulable by the human mind (maybe even midi-chlorians )

B) The machines have another layer of the Matrix implanted to further fool the human mind into thinking it has a choice after it's chosen the red pill

C) It's turtles, all the way down, reality perpetually manifesting itself in a myriad of potentials but never with laws completely exclusive to the present universal scale

I prefer B, personally - again, noting the fact that the Architect explicitly states they have had to "reinvent" the matrix multiple times, and that Zion/mankind's deconstruction has been cyclic in nature. I really like the idea of being stuck in a perpetual loop of war and perceived freedom, the year perhaps extending into the tens of thousands AD with mankind always reverting to its state just before the great boom in the robotics industry, forever just beyond the truth of perception.

I do believe it is all on what you want it to be. Making sense of the more convoluted theories is kind of fleeting, as you're watching the films... it's more for personal satisfaction of thought than being "right".

I liked the Animatrix. You should check it out, if only for the awesome war sequences.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Quote Originally Posted by superunknown View Post
    Well, the directors were certainly alluding to something grander than Neo simply having magical powers. That would be completely uncharacteristic of their style, so I would rule the simplicity of that explanation out for certain, myself. I think it's really up to your imagination. Maybe:

A) Reality as we've always known it has no objective bounds as an inherent feature to the universe - maybe a sort of projected quantum interference, or god knows what other force manipulable by the human mind (maybe even midi-chlorians )

B) The machines have another layer of the Matrix implanted to further fool the human mind into thinking it has a choice after it's chosen the red pill

C) It's turtles, all the way down, reality perpetually manifesting itself in a myriad of potentials but never with laws completely exclusive to the present universal scale

I prefer B, personally - again, noting the fact that the Architect explicitly states they have had to "reinvent" the matrix multiple times, and that Zion/mankind's deconstruction has been cyclic in nature. I really like the idea of being stuck in a perpetual loop of war and perceived freedom, the year perhaps extending into the tens of thousands AD with mankind always reverting to its state just before the great boom in the robotics industry, forever just beyond the truth of perception.

I do believe it is all on what you want it to be. Making sense of the more convoluted theories is kind of fleeting, as you're watching the films... it's more for personal satisfaction of thought than being "right".

I liked the Animatrix. You should check it out, if only for the awesome war sequences.
    Oh right, the architect talked about how they made one that was perfect with no suffering. I assumed he was talking about Heaven, or the garden of eden. Though I don't think the humans rebelled against the robots at that time, the system was just flawed as it was.

WALMART

Oh right, the architect talked about how they made one that was perfect with no suffering. I assumed he was talking about Heaven, or the garden of eden. Though I don't think the humans rebelled against the robots at that time, the system was just flawed as it was.
    Yeah, "It was a disaster. No one would accept the program, entire crops were lost."

They had to introduce free will into the system, and I think this is what led to people 'willing' themselves out of the Matrix. But perhaps simply granting the illusion for the mind to accomplish this was satisfactory enough...

MBTI
    PORG
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

I think if it was a matrix within a matrix,they would have mentioned that. Unless we're supposed to see God as the architect of "the real world."

I read something once that suggested he had some kind of wireless system in that allowed him to control the sentinels. That would make sense.

Hmmm, I think the first explanation is probably what we're supposed to think. Actually, in this case, I may actually like that. I like the idea of god being kind of like the architect.... an impersonal designer that really doesn't care that much about us.

I also wonder if the Merovingian was a former architect. That fits with the analysis in the page that was linked to here.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78