First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Architect View Post
    I got distracted.
    haha i know the feeling!
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    In all seriousness, I love the Architect. One of the things I was annoyed about in the Matrix Revolutions was that he didn't have a bigger role. It was pretty much a cameo, really.
    I'm glad you say "one of the things." The limited cameo of the Architect is probably the least of the disappointments with that movie.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    PORG
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I'm glad you say "one of the things." The limited cameo of the Architect is probably the least of the disappointments with that movie.
    It lacked the epic hero's journey qualities of the original and kind of forgot about all the interesting question the second movie raised. Reloaded actually did some really interesting things with the concept, and Revolutions kind of just forgot about them.

Mostly, we watch people we don't care about fight robot squids.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

MBTI
    INTP

The first was the best, while the others weren't in the same league they weren't too bad. Oddly I didn't see the movies until a few years ago. I hate theaters and am slow to catch up on films. While on a trip to Europe my boss at the time told me I should watch it, but he was kind of odd so I think that put me off the idea of doing so.

WALMART

Which is truly free?

I loved the role of the Architect, contrasted against the role of the Oracle.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

It lacked the epic hero's journey qualities of the original and kind of forgot about all the interesting question the second movie raised. Reloaded actually did some really interesting things with the concept.
    I feel sometimes like I'm one of the few who thought Reloaded was interesting in its own right. (It's philosophical but in an active way -- it's about cause and effect and the loci of power.)

Revolutions kind of just forgot about them.
    Yes, Revolutions seemed to get caught up in "cool Zion battle scene" and "cool ship escape from machines" and "cool fistfight climax." The segues between scenes were also pretty terrible -- not quite as bad as Lucas w/ SW 1-3, but not great.

However, I disagree about the epic hero's journey not appearing in Revolutions. It existed but was sidetracked/diminished by bad editing and the other distractions. The trilogy is about birth, life, and death -- each movie is about the hero's journey. Matrix 1 = neo is born, so to speak. Matrix 2 = neo is in full flower of his strength. Matrix 3 = neo is slowly stripped of everything that makes him unique. He is the hero descending into the land of the dead. He is stripped of his friends; his eyesight; his lover; and finally he is even stripped of his power, since the only thing he has left is to try to defeat Smith and fails at THAT too. How does he win? By accepting his end. He lets himself be stripped of life, completes the journey, and triumphs.

Unfortunately, the movie did not implement the concept as well as it could have.

I also think I'm one of the few people that had a big smile on my face when the Architect started talking in Reloaded. I just thought he was so awesome -- perfectly written, perfectly acted.

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    PORG
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

I feel sometimes like I'm one of the few who thought Reloaded was interesting in its own right. (It's philosophical but in an active way -- it's about cause and effect and the loci of power.)

Yes, Revolutions seemed to get caught up in "cool Zion battle scene" and "cool ship escape from machines" and "cool fistfight climax." The segues between scenes were also pretty terrible -- not quite as bad as Lucas w/ SW 1-3, but not great.

However, I disagree about the epic hero's journey not appearing in Revolutions. It existed but was sidetracked/diminished by bad editing and the other distractions. The trilogy is about birth, life, and death -- each movie is about the hero's journey. Matrix 1 = neo is born, so to speak. Matrix 2 = neo is in full flower of his strength. Matrix 3 = neo is slowly stripped of everything that makes him unique. He is the hero descending into the land of the dead. He is stripped of his friends; his eyesight; his lover; and finally he is even stripped of his power, since the only thing he has left is to try to defeat Smith and fails at THAT too. How does he win? By accepting his end. He lets himself be stripped of life, completes the journey, and triumphs.

Unfortunately, the movie did not implement the concept as well as it could have.
    I suppose. My problem with that is that it doesn't feel in the movie like he accomplished anything. I get that they were going for acceptance and ending the cycle... but that's not sold enough. There needed to be more denouement, I think, showing what the consequences are.

Although I do like the architects response to whether or not he would go back on his word "What do you think I am, human?"
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

Visit my Johari:

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Although I do like the architects response to whether or not he would go back on his word "What do you think I am, human?"
    Oh, it was a great line.

The hilarious part, though, if you step outside the movie, is that the Oracle is sitting on a park bench watching the sky, and we weren't even aware the Architect ever leaves his room with all his monitors. So she's sitting there, he WALKS all the way across town to find her, just to say two lines ... and then turns to go. That's all he had to say, apparently; the comment you mention is a freebie, after she asks him something while he's leaving.

It's like, uh, dude, haven't you ever heard of a cell phone?

MBTI
    PORG
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Oh, it was a great line.

The hilarious part, though, if you step outside the movie, is that the Oracle is sitting on a park bench watching the sky, and we weren't even aware the Architect ever leaves his room with all his monitors. So she's sitting there, he WALKS all the way across town to find her, just to say two lines ... and then turns to go. That's all he had to say, apparently; the comment you mention is a freebie, after she asks him something while he's leaving.

It's like, uh, dude, haven't you ever heard of a cell phone?
    I never thought about that, but he probably has the ability to materialize wherever the hell he wants on the rare occasion he wants to do so. Like the ghost twins. His appearance is basically a more "corporate" take on the traditional European image of God (going along with the "corporate" look for the Agents.)

Meanwhile, Neo wears something that looks kind of like that of a Catholic/Anglican priest.

Visit my Johari:

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I never thought about that, but he probably has the ability to materialize wherever the hell he wants on the rare occasion he wants to do so. Like the ghost twins. His appearance is basically a more "corporate" take on the traditional European image of God (going along with the "corporate" look for the Agents.)
    I suppose... but he didn't materialize next to her. She watches him walk over a decent distance to close the gap with her. Kind of amusing.