User Tag List

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    952 sp/sx

Default Seeking new horizons, a 9w1 INFP broadening his scope

Hi, I am sarek from the Netherlands. I was introduced to personality profiling in all its facets around 2008. I have always considered myself as a 5w4 until i began the reinterpret my test results which clearly said type 9. Perhaps something I've been hiding from myself?

So now I am reorienting and trying to figure out the implications, and thats why I am here.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by sarek View Post
    Hi, I am sarek from the Netherlands. I was introduced to personality profiling in all its facets around 2008. I have always considered myself as a 5w4 until i began the reinterpret my test results which clearly said type 9. Perhaps something I've been hiding from myself?

So now I am reorienting and trying to figure out the implications, and thats why I am here.
    What pushed you over the edge and made you re-evaluate? Was it just the test score? In which ways are you more 9-like?

(I considered both 4 and 9 myself, including sitting at tables for those types at an enneagram workshop to get a feel, so I'm particularly interested.)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    952 sp/sx

It said 9 all the time but I somehow read right past that every time and went straight for the 5w4 which at first held quite a bit of appeal to me.
    But after consulting with a good friend who is pretty much an expert on the Enneagram I am beginning to fit more comfortably into the role of a 9.

I am a little weird though, its like I got characteristics of several, maybe even all Enneatypes and its been very difficult to pin myself down.

The Horizon

Quote Originally Posted by sarek View Post

Hullo serek, while you are seeking new horizons, I seek to enlarge horizons. So we both have an eye on the horizon.

And I am right over your horizon, way way over, round and round, all the way round to Oz (Australia).

And as we pass through the Dutch horizon to the Land of Oz, we find not only are Hollond and Australia at opposite ends of the Earth, but are opposite in so many ways.

When I cross the horizen, I end up in Holland; and when you cross your horizon, you end up, as if by magic, in Oz.

Welcome to Typology Central.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    952 sp/sx

Perhaps geographically such distances may matter, but I have found that in the mind and the heart, they are irrelevant.

Thank you for your kind words.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

If one considers wings and tritype, then yes, we do each reflect many (all?) of the enneatypes, it becomes all a matter of degree. Interesting username, especially for an INFP/9. In any case, welcome.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

sup

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

*great start btw