User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 33

Thread: ...hi?

  1. #21
    Honeyed Water thoughtlost's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Enneagram
    N/A
    Posts
    750

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by iNtrovert View Post
    You really just demonstrated some clear examples of INTP like behavior. I can't tell you who you are and I won't attempt to. I just ask that you please allow me to show you what i'm seeing and why I'd say INTP. I've broken down your last response to me. Below your quotes in are excerpts from the description of an INTP. Hopefully this helps



    "The INTP has no understanding or value for decisions made on the basis of personal subjectivity or feelings. They strive constantly to achieve logical conclusions to problems, and don't understand the importance or relevance of applying subjective emotional considerations to decisions."



    "They love new ideas, and become very excited over abstractions and theories. They love to discuss these concepts with others."..."On the other hand, the INTP is very self-confident and gregarious around people they know well, or when discussing theories which they fully understand."..."Sometimes, their well thought-out understanding of an idea is not easily understandable by others, but the INTP is not naturally likely to tailor the truth so as to explain it in an understandable way to others."..." INTPs are usually not in-tune with how people are feeling, and are not naturally well-equiped to meet the emotional needs of others."..."Since their Feeling side is their least developed trait, the INTP may have difficulty giving the warmth and support that is sometimes necessary in intimate relationships. "If the INTP doesn't realize the value of attending to other people's feelings, he or she may become overly critical and sarcastic with others.




    "They're very tolerant and flexible in most situations, unless one of their firmly held beliefs has been violated or challenged, in which case they may take a very rigid stance."




    "If the INTP is not able to find a place for themselves which supports the use of their strongest abilities, they may become generally negative and cynical"

    Yeah... I mean, I can see how I fit into that category in a superficial sense. I'd rather not let emotions get in the way of seeing the truth first... anyway, I won't try to argue against every point you've made ...I am lazy.

    I don't feel the need to trust your quotes (...the bolded parts) as true identification of an INTP. I especially do not like the "They're very tolerant and flexible in most situations, unless one of their firmly held beliefs have been violated or challenged, in which case they may take a very rigid stance" ...Why do they simply state that a person's "beliefs" have to be challenged? Anyone will take a rigid stance if someone doubts their religion. Those who are Type 2 (enneagram) will take a rigid stance if the think someone doesn't know how to go about helping themselves and type 2
    "correlates" with Fe. I think any one of the MBTI types can take a rigid stance against anything, but the four judging functions will do so in different ways. In what ways? I don't know right now. I have to think about it.

    But anyway, maybe you're right. I really do have to think about it more.

    Gah, I wish they had a whole college course dedicated to studying Jung's work, though. I do much better with a textbook xD

  2. #22
    Senior Member iNtrovert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    MBTI
    Ni
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/so
    Socionics
    EII
    Posts
    362

    Default

    I honestly knew you would question the description. I wouldn't expect anything less than a bit of skepticism from you which is good. I just wanted to make you think .

    I think the key is to look at how you're using the functions together. For example you say Fe will take a rigid stance which may be true but Fe will also value subjectivity enough make judgments based on it. That's something you didn't seem to identify with. If it was up to you the whole system would be more objective. You said you yourself couldn't come to a conclusion of someones type based on how they made you feel. Fe being a Feeling jugging function is more comfortable with subjectivity than you appear to be. In addition Fe is accommodating.

    If some one says they find it hard to follow me in conversation Fe wouldn't allow me to just say" o well come back when you understand and have something meaningful to contribute" All the while thinking I don't really need anymore friends anyway. Fe values relationships and people so I'd find another way to say it or talk about something I knew they could grasp. Actually I'll normally test the waters before I even start talking about something that complex. I generally know what I can and can't talk about with certain people. That is why I am very selective about who I spend my time with from the beginning.

    For example the conversation I had with you in this thread. My first post was very subjective when that didn't take the second one was was written point by point using a third party source. A weak source but a source none the less. You were a little more receptive as I anticipated you would be. You may not agree with me but at least you were able to understand why I felt the way I did enough to be open to the possibility. That is all I really intended to accomplish in the first place so I didn't bother finding a more credible source. I didn't want to change you mind just open it a bit.

    I'm still learning myself. I've worked on my functions individually and now I'm trying to see them as a working unit. I will say it's given me more clarity. In addition talking to people here is also a huge help. I've actually learned a lot about myself from talking you in this short time. I hope you come to find typeC a valuable resource as well.
    BTW I have always thought universities should have MBTI as a course too! would love it if my school did that but wishful thinking. I know I want to take the certification course though. It's like $1200 so I'll have to wait till I have the time and the money lol. I'm a broke college kid and my parents refuse to pay for it.
    "Re-examine all that you have been told... dismiss that which insults your soul."_Walt Whitman

  3. #23
    Infinite Bubble
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thoughtlost View Post
    *shockface* Yeah... for some reason... people like to think that I have strong Ne ... I guess I could agree since my thoughts are super unorganized and they jump around ...run away ...then do a U-turn at the intersection between McDermont Street and Alma Drive... (hence why I asked you to not have me explain anything AT ALL to you... -_-") ...you'll just end up crying yourself to sleep ....and then you'll never wake up to the reality you once knew.
    Well, you are clearly Pe > Pi. You also mentioned not knowing why people think you're analytical. That might indicate Fi-Te, and more specifically Fi > Te, as you outwardly express your T function, but rather unconsciously (hence the lower Te), whereas your inner world (that you know of more consciously) is Fi, which is not seen as analytical in the stereotypical sense.

    I was also able to read your blog entry. It showed issues with your sense of self and who you are, which goes along with the Enneagram Heart triad, who often have them sorts of concerns. So you're E-type is probably one of from the Heart Triad. Also there's the need for competency you sought after, and wanting truth, which could lead from some connection with the Competency types (1, 3 and 5). 3 is both from the Heart triad and is a Competency type, so that is a contender, although there isn't enough information of course. 5 in particular is known to seek out the 'truth'. 4 has to be in there somewhere too, if not your core.

    So, I think there's a definite possibility of being an xNFP. But I really doubt ENFP 7.

    I tend to have an intuitive understanding of things, but that's not to say I am an intuitive... I just .... -_-" okay, I am just going to shut up now
    That's true, the two don't mean the same thing.

    Can I ask you what's your understanding of Fe?
    Better than what my last post would lead you to believe, if that is why you are asking.

  4. #24
    Honeyed Water thoughtlost's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Enneagram
    N/A
    Posts
    750

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by iNtrovert View Post
    I honestly knew you would question the description. I wouldn't expect anything less than a bit of skepticism from you which is good. I just wanted to make you think .

    I think the key is to look at how you're using the functions together. For example you say Fe will take a rigid stance which may be true but Fe will also value subjectivity enough make judgments based on it. That's something you didn't seem to identify with. If it was up to you the whole system would be more objective. You said you yourself couldn't come to a conclusion of someones type based on how they made you feel. Fe being a Feeling jugging function is more comfortable with subjectivity than you appear to be. In addition Fe is accommodating.

    If some one says they find it hard to follow me in conversation Fe wouldn't allow me to just say" o well come back when you understand and have something meaningful to contribute" All the while thinking I don't really need anymore friends anyway. Fe values relationships and people so I'd find another way to say it or talk about something I knew they could grasp. Actually I'll normally test the waters before I even start talking about something that complex. I generally know what I can and can't talk about with certain people. That is why I am very selective about who I spend my time with from the beginning.

    For example the conversation I had with you in this thread. My first post was very subjective when that didn't take the second one was was written point by point using a third party source. A weak source but a source none the less. You were a little more receptive as I anticipated you would be. You may not agree with me but at least you were able to understand why I felt the way I did enough to be open to the possibility. That is all I really intended to accomplish in the first place so I didn't bother finding a more credible source. I didn't want to change you mind just open it a bit.

    I'm still learning myself. I've worked on my functions individually and now I'm trying to see them as a working unit. I will say it's given me more clarity. In addition talking to people here is also a huge help. I've actually learned a lot about myself from talking you in this short time. I hope you come to find typeC a valuable resource as well.
    BTW I have always thought universities should have MBTI as a course too! would love it if my school did that but wishful thinking. I know I want to take the certification course though. It's like $1200 so I'll have to wait till I have the time and the money lol. I'm a broke college kid and my parents refuse to pay for it.
    ...lol. I'll tell you about the two thoughts that went on in my head

    #1. I was imagining an airplane crashing into a building (I think that symbolizes your last post) ...and instead of me being able to fully understand what you were saying (and by responding appropriately by screaming OMGAWD PEOPLE ARE DYING), I actually responded by envisioning myself eating a bucket of popcorn... with a confused look on my face... and then after 20 seconds I said WTF?

    ...I think this image popped into my head because I had no idea that you were being so sneaky xDD

    #2: PHEW!! You scared me for a minute... I thought you actually believed those sources. ...I was honestly about to flip a table thinking that you did. ...heart attack moment, yo.

    You know what doesn't make sense? An EMT certification doesn't even cost $1200 (at least mine didn't) ...SOMETHING THAT SAVES LIVES ...but a personality theory training costs that much *turning on my Texan accent* ...Well, then don't mind me. I'll just blend this here sharp knife ...let's see what happens -_-"

    Wait, are you living in America? I'd assume so. You used a dollar sign.

    What do you study in college?

  5. #25
    Honeyed Water thoughtlost's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Enneagram
    N/A
    Posts
    750

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Infinite Bubble View Post
    Well, you are clearly Pe > Pi. You also mentioned not knowing why people think you're analytical. That might indicate Fi-Te, and more specifically Fi > Te, as you outwardly express your T function, but rather unconsciously (hence the lower Te), whereas your inner world (that you know of more consciously) is Fi, which is not seen as analytical in the stereotypical sense.

    I was also able to read your blog entry. It showed issues with your sense of self and who you are, which goes along with the Enneagram Heart triad, who often have them sorts of concerns. So you're E-type is probably one of from the Heart Triad. Also there's the need for competency you sought after, and wanting truth, which could lead from some connection with the Competency types (1, 3 and 5). 3 is both from the Heart triad and is a Competency type, so that is a contender, although there isn't enough information of course. 5 in particular is known to seek out the 'truth'. 4 has to be in there somewhere too, if not your core.

    So, I think there's a definite possibility of being an xNFP. But I really doubt ENFP 7.



    That's true, the two don't mean the same thing.



    Better than what my last post would lead you to believe, if that is why you are asking.
    uumm... if you think that I have a lower T function (possibly inferior), then why can't I be an ENFJ?

  6. #26
    Infinite Bubble
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thoughtlost View Post
    uumm... if you think that I have a lower T function (possibly inferior), then why can't I be an ENFJ?
    Because I don't think you extrovert Judgement.

  7. #27
    Honeyed Water thoughtlost's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Enneagram
    N/A
    Posts
    750

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Infinite Bubble View Post
    Because I don't think you extrovert Judgement.
    Yeah, but why? What should it look like if I was judging extrovertly? If you can't explain it that's okay... I know I wouldn't be able to.

  8. #28
    Senior Member iNtrovert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    MBTI
    Ni
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/so
    Socionics
    EII
    Posts
    362

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thoughtlost View Post
    ...lol. I'll tell you about the two thoughts that went on in my head

    #1. I was imagining an airplane crashing into a building (I think that symbolizes your last post) ...and instead of me being able to fully understand what you were saying (and by responding appropriately by screaming OMGAWD PEOPLE ARE DYING), I actually responded by envisioning myself eating a bucket of popcorn... with a confused look on my face... and then after 20 seconds I said WTF?

    ...I think this image popped into my head because I had no idea that you were being so sneaky xDD

    #2: PHEW!! You scared me for a minute... I thought you actually believed those sources. ...I was honestly about to flip a table thinking that you did. ...heart attack moment, yo.

    You know what doesn't make sense? An EMT certification doesn't even cost $1200 (at least mine didn't) ...SOMETHING THAT SAVES LIVES ...but a personality theory training costs that much *turning on my Texan accent* ...Well, then don't mind me. I'll just blend this here sharp knife ...let's see what happens -_-"

    Wait, are you living in America? I'd assume so. You used a dollar sign.

    What do you study in college?
    I'm finding INFJ's have a manipulative nature when it comes to people. That is there is a thin like between managing people and manipulating them. Perhaps there is no line at all. Something that was said in the thread I posted last night put me on to this. I'm going to need to look into some more of course. Hearing you tell me I was being sneaky makes me a little uncomfortable to think of myself that way but no sense denying the truth. The scary thing is when I do things like that I'm so convinced i'm tying to help someone I excuse the fact that i'm being kinda manipulative. OMG that's so horrible.

    Anyway I am an america. The class I was looking at is in NYC. You take the first part of the course online but then you have to spend on weekend attending classes in person. The price included the hotel room and meals if i'm not mistaken. Even still I think it's still expensive.

    I study business marketing. I'm also an African American studies and Management Information Systems minor. I think i'm going to drop the info systems minor. It's way too impersonal and I really don't enjoy it. I'll probably pick up a gender studies or a another business minor. I'm really drawn to marketing theory and research. I really like knowing what to place in an add to make someone want to buy it. Also, knowing how to tap into their subconscious undetected so much so they think it was their ideal to purchase something.(There's that manipulative thing again but It's ok because I'm going to work for a non-profit. ) I want a social science minor to balance that out. When I get my masters I want it to be in psychology or sociology maybe theology...meh I think it's safe to say i'm not really sure yet lol
    "Re-examine all that you have been told... dismiss that which insults your soul."_Walt Whitman

  9. #29
    Honeyed Water thoughtlost's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Enneagram
    N/A
    Posts
    750

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by iNtrovert View Post
    I'm finding INFJ's have a manipulative nature when it comes to people. That is there is a thin like between managing people and manipulating them. Perhaps there is no line at all. Something that was said in the thread I posted last night put me on to this. I'm going to need to look into some more of course. Hearing you tell me I was being sneaky makes me a little uncomfortable to think of myself that way but no sense denying the truth. The scary thing is when I do things like that I'm so convinced i'm tying to help someone I excuse the fact that i'm being kinda manipulative. OMG that's so horrible.

    Anyway I am an america. The class I was looking at is in NYC. You take the first part of the course online but then you have to spend on weekend attending classes in person. The price included the hotel room and meals if i'm not mistaken. Even still I think it's still expensive.

    I study business marketing. I'm also an African American studies and Management Information Systems minor. I think i'm going to drop the info systems minor. It's way too impersonal and I really don't enjoy it. I'll probably pick up a gender studies or a another business minor. I'm really drawn to marketing theory and research. I really like knowing what to place in an add to make someone want to buy it. Also, knowing how to tap into their subconscious undetected so much so they think it was their ideal to purchase something.(There's that manipulative thing again but It's ok because I'm going to work for a non-profit. ) I want a social science minor to balance that out. When I get my masters I want it to be in psychology or sociology maybe theology...meh I think it's safe to say i'm not really sure yet lol
    Don't you find it interesting how we have standards for ourselves? For example, no one wants to be called manipulative? I can understand that since, for some reason, it's human nature to want to make our own choices and do things the way we want to and think for ourselves. It's like everyone secretly knows what constitutes being a "good" human being. But maybe that's where we falter?? We try to get rid of "evil"? Anyway, don't you think it could have been possible that "God" (whatever you want to call it that brought life on Earth) could have designed things so we didn't need to worry about thinking for ourselves and being an individual? It's like being an individual is also an arbitrary goal we have. ....OKAY IMA SHUT UP NOW. I was just trying to see if there was another feeling you could have felt... maybe you don't have to be scared about being "manipulative"

    Cool, I guess... ??? I don't know. I know nothing about Management. I should know more about African American studies and other stuffs... I've always felt bad for not being a social activist type of person (especially since I work at a women's center). I don't care to help people in that kind of way, but I love understanding systems even if it is about social structures.

    ...wait... you just said masters. What year are you in college?

  10. #30
    Senior Member iNtrovert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    MBTI
    Ni
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/so
    Socionics
    EII
    Posts
    362

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thoughtlost View Post
    Don't you find it interesting how we have standards for ourselves? For example, no one wants to be called manipulative? I can understand that since, for some reason, it's human nature to want to make our own choices and do things the way we want to and think for ourselves. It's like everyone secretly knows what constitutes being a "good" human being. But maybe that's where we falter?? We try to get rid of "evil"? Anyway, don't you think it could have been possible that "God" (whatever you want to call it that brought life on Earth) could have designed things so we didn't need to worry about thinking for ourselves and being an individual? It's like being an individual is also an arbitrary goal we have. ....OKAY IMA SHUT UP NOW. I was just trying to see if there was another feeling you could have felt... maybe you don't have to be scared about being "manipulative"

    Cool, I guess... ??? I don't know. I know nothing about Management. I should know more about African American studies and other stuffs... I've always felt bad for not being a social activist type of person (especially since I work at a women's center). I don't care to help people in that kind of way, but I love understanding systems even if it is about social structures.

    ...wait... you just said masters. What year are you in college?
    MY goal is to create programs and systems to help as many people as I can. I also get what you'er saying about having what it means to be good ingrained in human DNA. It's true we set social norms. We define good and evil. Have you ever heard of the social contract? Basically by choosing to live in a civilization we give up some rights. We choose to be bound by law and a collective sense of morality in exchange for things like food safety ect. With out a collective sense of morality there is no good and evil. It's and interesting theory. I personally believe that the creator gave humans a measure of moral concious so that we place a value on human life and don't destroy each other. The fact that we are all individuals just adds too that value. Otherwise i feel we'd just view ourselves much as we view an ants. We would be just another face in the crowd, just another number, common and easily replaced. Not to get all business minded on you but when there is scarcity prices increase. When something is rare it is instantly more valuable for the mere fact there will never be another one like it. Since humans are viewed and irreplaceable individuals we find the human live to be valuable. This causes us to respect and value our own our lives( meaning human life in general) over anything else thus protecting our species. Now good is defined as anything that adds value or preserves that life and bad is anything that devalues or destroys it. Just my theory.

    Anyway I'm a senior in college and should be getting my degree in the fall. What year are you if you don't mind me asking ?
    "Re-examine all that you have been told... dismiss that which insults your soul."_Walt Whitman

Similar Threads

  1. Hi, cut the grass here
    By disregard in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 65
    Last Post: 04-26-2007, 11:29 PM
  2. hi
    By FFF in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-26-2007, 10:44 PM
  3. Hi from Gala
    By Gala in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-25-2007, 05:00 AM
  4. Hi, I'm Dark Razor
    By Dark Razor in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 04-25-2007, 04:59 AM
  5. Hi, I'm Kuranes
    By kuranes in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 04-23-2007, 02:16 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO