User Tag List

MBTI
    INFJ

Default Happy to meet you all!

Greetings Typology community!

I'm Rebecca. I'm a 24 year old ENFP. I'm married (to a smoldering INXP), and proud mommy to a 1 year old baby girl. We currently live in a capital city the southwest of the U.S. of A. Our little family is involved in full time mission/social work in our town. I have less time for hobbies than I used to, but, when I have free time, I enjoy: Reading, cooking/baking, napping, decorating, hiking, kayaking, swimming, board games, attending church, Tedtalks, making body products (lotions, scrubs etc), traveling, boardgames, and taking free classes.

My interest in the site is to gain a deeper understanding as to how personality influences communication styles, decisions, interests, life goal, passions, and ultimately what people choose spend their lives on.

I will probably read far more than I post and enjoy learning about what inspires, motivates, and fulfills you. :-)

Riva

Welcome to the forum. I hope you'd enjoy it as much as I do.

I'm married (to a smoldering INXP), and proud mommy to a 1 year old baby girl.
    What is the baby's type?

I have less time for hobbies than I used to, but, when I have free time, I enjoy: Reading, cooking/baking, napping, decorating, hiking, kayaking, swimming, board games, attending church, Tedtalks, making body products (lotions, scrubs etc), traveling, boardgames, and taking free classes.
    When one has this many hobbies they sound like random acts rather than steadfast hobbies.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    Welcome to the forum. I hope you'd enjoy it as much as I do.

What is the baby's type?

When one has this many hobbies they sound like random acts rather than steadfast hobbies.

I'm not sure actually, she doesn't speak yet so I think that makes it harder to tell, though now that I'm thinking about it she does have some emerging E and T tendencies. I wasn't really aware that her preferences could be identified this young. How would you go about doing that?

As far as the hobbies go, you are right, I don't do all of those as steadfastly as I would like; perhaps "interests" or "activities" would have been a better word. The only things from the list that I have time to pursue regularly (at least weekly) are as follows: Reading, cooking/baking, napping, hiking, attending church, and taking free classes.

The other activities tend to happen either seasonally with more frequency (kayaking and swimming during summer), or in binges that occur every few weeks/months and last a few days/weeks apiece, (board games, Tedtalks, decorating, making body products, traveling). Also, some of these (swimming, decorating, and making body products) used to be part of various job descriptions for me within the past several years, so they are more developed in me than they would be if they were random activities, perhaps that is why they exist in my own mind as more significant than random interests?

What is your favorite forum within this site?

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by Rofalexanderland View Post
    I'm not sure actually, she doesn't speak yet so I think that makes it harder to tell, though now that I'm thinking about it she does have some emerging E and T tendencies. I wasn't really aware that her preferences could be identified this young. How would you go about doing that?As far as the hobbies go, you are right, I don't do all of those as steadfastly as I would like; perhaps "interests" or "activities" would have been a better word. The only things from the list that I have time to pursue regularly (at least weekly) are as follows: Reading, cooking/baking, napping, hiking, attending church, and taking free classes.The other activities tend to happen either seasonally with more frequency (kayaking and swimming during summer), or in binges that occur every few weeks/months and last a few days/weeks apiece, (board games, Tedtalks, decorating, making body products, traveling). Also, some of these (swimming, decorating, and making body products) used to be part of various job descriptions for me within the past several years, so they are more developed in me than they would be if they were random activities, perhaps that is why they exist in my own mind as more significant than random interests?What is your favorite forum within this site?
    I was only joking about typing the kid . My favourite forum is the bonfire. Taking free classes you said. That sounds interesting. I always wanted to be a prof. at a uni when I retire and one of the main reasons is, so that I could keep having my brain exercised by following 'free classes'.

MBTI
    ENFP

one of my dreams is to go to college classes free when i reach 65, cuz then they don't charge you tuition, from what i understand. i love learning! but sometimes i don't like the classroom curriculum kinda system.... i can be picky maybe.

oh and welcome, I am JoRae and I am new too. also from the US but far norther than you.

have fun with your family, i remember when my teens were babies, man it went so fast.