User Tag List

First 123

Thread: Shalom!

Society

Quote Originally Posted by Newbyagain View Post
    Is that similar to Salaam? Just curious, since it sounds similar and the meaning is similar.
    Yep, almost identical usage. Another one off the top of my head would be layla , midnight in arabic and night in hebrew. I m sure their are plenty of more crossovers like that if one cared to look.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Mane View Post
    Yep, almost identical usage. Another one off the top of my head would be layla , midnight in arabic and night in hebrew. I m sure their are plenty of more crossovers like that if one cared to look.
    I guess that would make sense that the two languages would have some similarities, being that the people are so close to each other. Sort of... You know what I mean.

Society

Quote Originally Posted by Newbyagain View Post
    I guess that would make sense that the two languages would have some similarities, being that the people are so close to each other. Sort of... You know what I mean.
    Yep, its all foreplay

MBTI
    PORG
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

They're both Semitic languages. In addition, the alphabet is written from left to right in both cases.

Although Maltese is Semitic, also, and apparently the word for "Hello" is "Bongu." But Maltese is an unusual case; it's the only Semitic language that uses Latin characters. I dated a Maltese (well, Maltese-American) once, which motivated me to check this stuff out.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Mane View Post
    Interesting, I didn't know that one. Those crossovers are fascinating.

Medinah is another one that's slightly different in each language. In Arabic it's city, but in Hebrew it's country.
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte

Hate