Thread: Retiree from PerC says Hi

Member Array
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by jontherobot View Post
    I'm fond of the term dude.

I'm a dude, he's a dude, she's a dude, cause we're all dudes.
    That's much better! "That dude" third pronoun is less awkward to use than others. Thanks

Peace on Earth, dammit Array Thalassa's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Porsche View Post
    Thank you DJ Arendee. I still don't know about the members here, but I've seen less trolls and pricks. Btw, your name sounds familiar. Do you have any other personality accounts?
    Oh don't worry they're here, you just don't know where to find them here yet.

I almost think people find what they're looking for, or things change according to how they act, because I've always thought Personality Cafe had larger numbers of polite, emotionally mature members and less trolling, less bashing of Sensing types there, and much better focus during long on-topic threads.

But it may be because of my experience here that I'm able to experience Personality Cafe a different way and vice versa. I just have a hard time believing people actually think there are less trolls here.
    "Sentiment without action is the ruin of the soul." - Edward Abbey

"In those days I, Daniel, was mourning three full weeks. I ate no pleasant food, no meat or wine came into my mouth, nor did I anoint myself at all, till three whole weeks were fulfilled." Daniel 10:2-3

Fasting for Advent

Give Vegan

SEE-Fi /Gamma

Peace on Earth, dammit Array Thalassa's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    Eh, it usually has to do with moderators who take personal dislike against me. I was recently banned from one forum for telling a girl, "I'm going to smash your head in a microwave, pull down your pants and show you how clever I am." lmao.
    You really think that has to do with personal dislike?
    "Sentiment without action is the ruin of the soul." - Edward Abbey

"In those days I, Daniel, was mourning three full weeks. I ate no pleasant food, no meat or wine came into my mouth, nor did I anoint myself at all, till three whole weeks were fulfilled." Daniel 10:2-3

Fasting for Advent

Give Vegan

SEE-Fi /Gamma

Junior Member Array WheresMyBunnies's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    hahahaha! Now lets hear it DJ Arendee

The Iron Giant

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    Eh, it usually has to do with moderators who take personal dislike against me. I was recently banned from one forum for telling a girl, "I'm going to smash your head in a microwave, pull down your pants and show you how clever I am." lmao.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    Well said, Marm. DJ, if I'd been modding that forum I'd have banned you for that too, and you know I have no personal problem with you. Allowing that kind of abuse on a forum without a response sends a message that it is endorsed.

WALMART

I've got an odd feeling DJ did not intend his statement to be taken seriously, quite tongue in cheek.

What is your nationality, Porsche?

The Iron Giant

Quote Originally Posted by jontherobot View Post
    I've got an odd feeling DJ did not intend his statement to be taken seriously, quite tongue in cheek.
    Oh, I get that, and can appreciate his sense of humor too. The problem is it was worded as a threat of physical assault and rape. What he and I find subjectively funny for its shock value isn't necessarily funny once it lands on the page.

This is why modding sucked so much: too much grey area.

Permabanned Array
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
    Oh, I get that, and can appreciate his sense of humor too. The problem is it was worded as a threat of physical assault and rape. What he and I find subjectively funny for its shock value isn't necessarily funny once it lands on the page.

This is why modding sucked so much: too much grey area.
    Interesting way of putting it. I never considered how I would be setting a bad precedent.

Senior Member Array
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx

I moved here because Billy Bob or Tree Bob or whatever his honky name, and a few other people were disrespectful asses. They were hypocritical, kept trying to tell me what my type was when I didn't ask them and they don't know me from Adam. That is probably my biggest forum pet peeve possible.

Permabanned Array
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Quote Originally Posted by Newbyagain View Post
    I moved here because Billy Bob or Tree Bob or whatever his honky name, and a few other people were disrespectful asses. They were hypocritical, kept trying to tell me what my type was when I didn't ask them and they don't know me from Adam. That is probably my biggest forum pet peeve possible.
    Yeah, pretty sure treebob is an esfp anyway.