User Tag List

First 13212223

Results 221 to 227 of 227

  1. #221
    Senior Member Phoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    316

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    Well, Ereathea, Jaws, khys, and everyone else left it sucks.
    Nope. I never left PerC. It was an illogical forced retirement. Not that I'm unhappy about it. Actually, being on PerC and being away from PerC are two contrasting but great moments of my life. Like a couple of chapters, each with their own drama

    Quote Originally Posted by Kamishi View Post
    Yeah, Jawz even managed to get himself banned. He also received a lot of shit for simply being him which is so funny and ironic considering his member of the month title. I see a lot of parallels between myself and Jawz because we're fairly similar in how we come across on the forum. He's more volatile being a 4 however.
    I did manage to get myself banned (the troll account i.e.). But more on that story a little bit below And Hi LeaT

    Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    He got banned from type C or Personalitycafe?
    Nope. I'm still here on TypeC. I check this forum once every 3-4 months or less now.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kamishi View Post
    Personality Cafe because he made a troll account after retiring. I don't blame him for wanting to start over though to be honest. He got a lot of shit towards the end. Too much reputation attached to his username, I suppose. It's the same thing with me. It wouldn't be sufficient for me to just change username at this point. My personal presence is too well-established. I would need to start a new account and start all over on PersC if I wanted to people to stop troll my ass off. It's ironic how you can be anonymous on the internet but still not really.
    Actually, I had no intention of "starting over". That's not true. But I had every intention of deceptive trolling, on purpose just because I could in response to being unfairly retired.

    And even then, they would never have been able to ban me if I hadn't left clues, on purpose, as to what my identity could have been. I wrote my posts in the same style. I changed my avatars around the exact same way. I posted the same art styles and I even told people publicly that I'm from Pakistan - and held much the same world-views and posted them publicly. There was no detective work, or brilliance behind the discovery that I was Jawz. I was fucking blatant about it.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    So now where is jawz?
    I'm where I've always been. Just not on typology forums because I consider them a waste of my time now. I purposefully searched recently to see if anyone has talked about me since my disappearance and voila, I found this thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kamishi View Post
    Having fun in the internet ether with Etherea. I don't know. Despite us vibing together well we actually rarely exchanged words/posts. There was a certain dangerous volatility with our interactions so I wonder if he wanted to keep a distance because of it lol. But I don't know where he hangs out nowadays or what he's doing, nor do I have contact with him outside of PersC and I never had. Maybe @<a href="http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/member.php?u=17911" target="_blank">Maybe</a> knows though. She's the one who informed me abut Jawz making a troll account in the first place. It's a pity though because I really like/d Jawz. But yes, I think us being together for any pro-longed period of time would probably have been a very bad idea at the end.
    Not really. Actually, putting me together with a sane minded individual who doesn't care about gossip, or putting people down, and is more interested in knowledge and intellectual pursuits as opposed to gossiping relentlessly about others is probably the best way to retain a friendship with me

    And this thread alone proves that gossip is alive and well at PerC. Of course, that was just one of the minor problems on that forum. Too much shit behind the scenes. I've been tempted to independently blog about all of it, but I haven't had the time

    Typing on PerC is the death of the scientific method. And honestly, I don't feel like I should even use the terms science and typology in the same sentence anymore.

    Quote Originally Posted by Maybe View Post
    I don't know where he is. =(
    Hi.

    Quote Originally Posted by Flatlander View Post
    Such a contrast between the 'INFJ Gently Honest Mistype Revelation Thread' and the late witch hunt. I think LiquidLight was right that the INFJ thread is a hidden gem; on what other PerC thread will people be encouraged to relative gentleness about typing others?
    Any system based on stereotypes, superstition, dogmatic beliefs with lack of scientific evidence will always give rise to witch-hunters and witch hunts.

    I leave you all with this Richard Dawkins nugget to ponder.

    Nice seeing you all.





    In addition:

    Quote Originally Posted by Maybe View Post
    I was thinking about this earlier today.

    The mods seem to 'pick favorites,' and they seem to favor the biggest bullies, and they never ban them. So I was thinking, maybe the mods are smarter than we think? Maybe they realize that this sort of drama attracts people to the site and lures them into checking over and over to see what they do next, or to get in on the drama? Maybe they make more money on advertisements if more people stick around because people love drama?

    ... just a thought.
    That's a decent thought. However, the site gets it traffic through good google ranking mainly thanks to its fleshed out and well created MBTI sub-sections which have SEO optimized URLs as well as content.

    Typology has better content, but its content does not use the 16 MBTI types in its sub-sections and therefore ranks lower.

    They were getting stiff competition from Personality Nation (which was a forum created by another member and his "followers" who were banned from PerC - and were chronically banned on the basis of their affiliations with the competitor site and its owner). Unfortunately, that forum has shut down and therefore the only forum that specifically uses the 16 MBTI names in its SEO optimization gets to get the most traffic.

    It really doesn't have much to do with the actual content there which suffers largely from almost going as far as using things like bathroom habits to type-related behaviour.

  2. #222
    Blood of the Exile Animal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LSI Se
    Posts
    645

    Default

    @Phoenix

    Hi there.

    Lol... my post about bathroom behavior was meant to be facetious and a lot of people misinterpreted that - my fault because it was not clear, well written, or poignant. This is why I took it down. You're right, it was utterly and completely stupid.

    I hope you're satisfied with the amount of conversation that your disappearance merited.
    Art is the blood of the Exile
    4w3 6w7 8w9 ~ Sx/Sp ~ ISTP ~ LSI-Se

  3. #223
    Senior Member Phoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    316

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maybe View Post
    @Phoenix

    Hi there.

    Lol... my post about bathroom behavior was meant to be facetious and a lot of people misinterpreted that - my fault because it was not clear, well written, or poignant. This is why I took it down. You're right, it was utterly and completely stupid.

    I hope you're satisfied with the amount of conversation that your disappearance merited.
    I didn't even read that comment so I have no idea what you're talking about. My own comment is of course an exaggeration - so much so that I don't think any reasonable minded person would actually be fooled into thinking that they type based on bathroom behaviours on PerC. But yes, they do type people like it's some sort of dogmatic religion.

    I took myself out of the game when I finally started replacing the written texts and the overall typology structure from using codes and numbers to races and ethnicities. It completely changed the perspective for me, and it no longer holds any meaning to me - except that it's complete and utter hogwash (which belongs in the same pile as astrology and "alternate" medicine).

    Lastly, seeking out my name on typology forums and then finally posting has nothing to do with personal satisfaction, but to kill conjecture.

  4. #224
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx
    Posts
    67

    Default

    Hello Jawz or Phoenix (whatever).

    We haven't interacted much on PerC but you are the one who opened the knowledge of Enneagram for me. There are posts of yours that I literally cried about.

  5. #225
    Senior Member Phoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    316

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Porsche View Post
    Hello Jawz or Phoenix (whatever).

    We haven't interacted much on PerC but you are the one who opened the knowledge of Enneagram for me. There are posts of yours that I literally cried about.
    I check back after a year and a half later and there's still a recent post in this thread.

    Look, give up pseudoscience and examine yourself through a self created system of self understanding without relying on hogwash like MBTI and Enneagrams which have been widely debunked in the scientific communities. This stuff is no better than astrology and other snake oil bullshit that contains no real help ... just a lot of lip service and molly coddling that barely scratches the surface of who you really are ... and doesn't do justice to true individuality and self growth.

    Reason why I'm responding to you is because part of me feels bad about pushing and advocating these ideas and part because there is no real help here. I was in therapy for a year and now I'm happily married with this stuff having absolutely nothing to do with my life. It's a past that I believed in and I was wrong. I don't want anyone else to continue believing in this nonsense at least on my account.

    Take care and discover yourself and what you want in life. There are no answers in personality theories. None of them.

  6. #226
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx
    Posts
    67

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    I check back after a year and a half later and there's still a recent post in this thread.

    Look, give up pseudoscience and examine yourself through a self created system of self understanding without relying on hogwash like MBTI and Enneagrams which have been widely debunked in the scientific communities. This stuff is no better than astrology and other snake oil bullshit that contains no real help ... just a lot of lip service and molly coddling that barely scratches the surface of who you really are ... and doesn't do justice to true individuality and self growth.

    Reason why I'm responding to you is because part of me feels bad about pushing and advocating these ideas and part because there is no real help here. I was in therapy for a year and now I'm happily married with this stuff having absolutely nothing to do with my life. It's a past that I believed in and I was wrong. I don't want anyone else to continue believing in this nonsense at least on my account.

    Take care and discover yourself and what you want in life. There are no answers in personality theories. None of them.
    Lol, yeah...

    MBTI like Enneagram just put people into certain box. It's all about surface traits and doesn't really catch the totality of a person. However, if put into good use, there's some advantage like you know where your weak points are as well as your strengths. Some people are just exaggerating the Enneagram and MBTI too much to the point that they overanalyse, and this creates a division and typism. As for self-growth, it didn't do anything for me. Some people found healing in Enneagram, but for me, no, it just worsen my situation. I believe more in the teachings of Freud and Jung about psychonanalysis about how the unconscious affects us, than these personality systems.

    Don't feel bad. It's part of our journey of discovering who we are and what matters to us the most. Humans are more complex than we think, something that Enneagram and MBTI can't exactly cover. I cried on the part that you were having suicidal issues, something that I also struggle with. And I'm happy that you're in a good disposition right now. The healing is within, and love is the most powerful force.

    Take care and be thankful for each day that comes

  7. #227
    your resident asshole
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    4,411

    Default

    23 pages in a welcome thread? Holy hell.

    Er...welcome back?
    Likes anastasiaromanova liked this post

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 38
    Last Post: 07-08-2014, 12:44 AM
  2. Dwigie says ":hi"
    By Dwigie in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 08-26-2008, 11:00 PM
  3. Just saying hi...
    By Cimarron in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-22-2008, 09:04 PM
  4. Another INFJ Saying Hi
    By violaine in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-13-2008, 01:28 PM
  5. Just an ESFP that wants to say hi!
    By kimbees54 in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-17-2008, 11:16 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO