MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Porsche View Post

Looks like I know who that guy is

I read your VM. By the way, I've seen lots of people getting personal to the point of sending harsh VMs and PMs. It's so dirty! That's why I don't want to get involved in PerC that much. When I was only beginning to understand Enneagram then, I made a thread. And really, some people are just plain rude. Then, I realized what kind of people PerC has, especially people who are active at Enneagram forum. And since then, I was cautious about making threads and posts, and I just trust my journey through research and introspection. I didn't answer type me threads in Enneagram, because I heard, many people are fighting over Enneagram Type me threads.
    You are absolutely correct on both accounts. As Maybe said, maybe I should blame the fact that I'm so last which makes me incredibly oblivious to this stuff until it hits me in the face. I mean, now that I understand the power structure dynamic in the enneagram subforum I'm all like, wow, I'm such a boss for figuring this out! haha.

In contrast, I have to say that aside the initial drama I experienced in the MBTI forum here on TypoC, the enneagram forum is really pleasant. No one's bitching that I come across harshly or that I'm a mistype. People are in general very respectful towards each other and we all just discuss the theory. I just wish this place was a tad more active. Also overall, I have to say, people's understanding of the theory is actually greater than on PerC.

I was waiting for the day you and I would meet.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Youtuber | The Typologist Blog | Redditor | Message me!

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LSI Se

That's gross. People are getting personal on PerC these days. I hate the ganging up tactics. And especially the counter-thanking which is obviously another form of ganging up to some member they disapprove.
    It's not just members they don't like, but also certain types have it worse than others. Like - nobody bothered me until I typed at 8. This was the case for a few people. But on top of that, some people started personal drama with me.

When you get core type, I doubt if you will be proud of it despite the positive traits. Does the vulnerabilities and sensitivities of Type 8 strike you? When I read Naranjo's, it all made sense, and I understood the core deep down to its roots, how a certain enneatype developed.
    I just wrote this post about it here, though it doesn't come close to explaining all of it:

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=1#post2049992

Here is the relevant text:

When I read the 8 [Naranjo] description - a few months ago - I felt sick to my stomach. (Still do!) I've written songs about local sociopaths because I felt like they were expressing something that was buried deep inside me, and reading that, it brought out really painful things. I had mistyped at 3, as you know, and reading the 3 description, I can relate to it a little bit (as I can to all of the desriptions) but I'm not really "hysterical" by any means. 7 was also a possibility for me, but reading that description, it described my father to a T - he is an absolute balls-out, classic 7. But the differences between our cores are apparent. I read through the whole book hoping to find another type and even convinced myself I was a 2 for a few days. But then, when I finally started to accept it and told my parents about it - my parents are psychiatrists and can understand these principles - they both separately were relieved that I finally acknowledged my sadism. I felt sick. That's how you know you found your type, I suppose. It's also part of why I felt raw about being attacked on PerC when the implications of my core are still sinking in. This site, so far, is *soooo much betteR* =D

I should add, though, that I've always seen my *best* potentials in Type 8, too. The leadership & magnanimity is clear. So, the typing experience wasn't all bad because I saw my best & worst in the type.
    Art is the blood of the Exile
    4w3 6w7 8w9 ~ Sx/Sp ~ ISTP ~ LSI-Se

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LSI Se

Quote Originally Posted by LeaT View Post
    You are absolutely correct on both accounts. As Maybe said, maybe I should blame the fact that I'm so last which makes me incredibly oblivious to this stuff until it hits me in the face. I mean, now that I understand the power structure dynamic in the enneagram subforum I'm all like, wow, I'm such a boss for figuring this out! haha.

In contrast, I have to say that aside the initial drama I experienced in the MBTI forum here on TypoC, the enneagram forum is really pleasant. No one's bitching that I come across harshly or that I'm a mistype. People are in general very respectful towards each other and we all just discuss the theory. I just wish this place was a tad more active. Also overall, I have to say, people's understanding of the theory is actually greater than on PerC.
    ^^ Agreed.

A few people have *respectfully* asked other people, which I've witnessed, about their types, and asked me as well, but nobody is hounding each other like they do on the other site, and the questions are good. For instance the question @Porsche just brought up - about whether I'm "proud" of the type - and whether I read Naranjo - was a good question.

I was a lot more "proud" to be a 3 than an 8, because it didn't speak to my worst potentials. I thought I was raised really well and that's how I escaped a lot of the pitfalls of type 3. With 8, there is a lot of stuff I didn't and couldn't "escape," and anything I did manage to deal with (like my extreme rage, which I learned to be more reasonable with expressing) , it took hard work on my part.

The questions they would ask on PerC were like: "If you were an 8, why would you have any feelings about this matter - 8s don't have feelings?" =p

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

Hello. Thanks for the welcome.

Haha, stress again. Speaking of the drama, I avoid it because there's no point in being in it. It's not productive. You'd only be left with negative emotions and such.

I enjoy reading your few stickied threads there really. Especially on enneagram. I recall you were also active on Game Forum?
    Yeah, I haven't reached a breaking point, so that's why I'm still there.

Thank you! Ah yes, the Game Forum...I have over 2000 posts in the forum. Such a good time waster.

Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    Wait, you're still around? I thought you left with the rest of the perc crew last year?
    I am. I didn't leave. I just made an account over here, which I check periodically. Now, a little bit more.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Maybe View Post
    ^^ Agreed.

A few people have *respectfully* asked other people, which I've witnessed, about their types, and asked me as well, but nobody is hounding each other like they do on the other site, and the questions are good. For instance the question @Porsche just brought up - about whether I'm "proud" of the type - and whether I read Naranjo - was a good question.
    Exactly. I mean, we're on a typology dedicated forum. We will have opinions on other people's types. That's just how it is. We are all learning about the theory and we wish to use it in practice, see how right and correct we are. See if our understanding is good enough to describe and explain other people.

However, if someone says, "I am clearly not the type you suggest I am" well all right fine, if you don't think it fits you maybe it's because you're not ready to accept that you are that type or maybe you are simply not that type. Could go either way and I don't know you enough to claim with certainty that you are type X anyway so I just respect people's opinions on themselves.

I was a lot more "proud" to be a 3 than an 8, because it didn't speak to my worst potentials. I thought I was raised really well and that's how I escaped a lot of the pitfalls of type 3. With 8, there is a lot of stuff I didn't and couldn't "escape," and anything I did manage to deal with (like my extreme rage, which I learned to be more reasonable with expressing) , it took hard work on my part.
    Hah yeah. When I read about 5 in Naranjo too I was like, this is so fucking sad I don't want to do this anymore. It was just such a gut realization and I realize it is sad and it made me realize how sad I am as a human being for being this way and how sad the world is for making me this way too. Just a lot of sadness. Like with Maybe, I found it somehow easier to accept that I could be a 4 but the problem was, I knew in the depths of my heart that I did not fully and truly relate to 4. It was an easy escape to think of myself as a 4 because then just like Maybe, I didn't have to accept some of the implications of being an enneagram 5 means. Especially when it comes to emptiness, apathy and non-attachment, two things I've projected heavily on other 5s as being "not me". I had to accept that I am like this. It was sad to realize because it made me realize how broken I am.

But it's a good question. The questions they would ask on PerC were like: "If you were an 8, why would you have any feelings about this matter - 8s don't have feelings?" =p
    LOL yes, unfortunately I would think it would be a lot like that.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by madhatter View Post
    Yeah, I haven't reached a breaking point, so that's why I'm still there.

Thank you! Ah yes, the Game Forum...I have over 2000 posts in the forum. Such a good time waster.

I am. I didn't leave. I just made an account over here, which I check periodically. Now, a little bit more.
    Well, Ereathea, Jaws, khys, and everyone else left it sucks.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    Well, Ereathea, Jaws, khys, and everyone else left it sucks.
    Yeah, Jawz even managed to get himself banned. He also received a lot of shit for simply being him which is so funny and ironic considering his member of the month title. I see a lot of parallels between myself and Jawz because we're fairly similar in how we come across on the forum. He's more volatile being a 4 however. I'm also fairly sure that we also share tritype, him being 485 and me 548. Not much of a difference overall though, to be honest. Maybe's 854 too. Maybe it's just something with our tritype that makes us hard to digest for most people? /headscratch

I remember that Elfboy wrote something about (or maybe it was someone else) that sx/sp types tend to simply have that impression on people. You either love them or hate them. It's hard to be neutral around us. Thus far of what I've seen, it seems to make sense, yes. Maybe, Jawz and I are also all sx/sp types although it took some time for me to realize I'm sx first. Now it feels so right though. I can't believe I didn't realize it earlier although I knew deep down in my heart that sp/sx wasn't quite right for me. I always questioned it, part because of my difficulty relating to general sp first descriptions even though sp 5 does describe me well. It does however not describe me as well as sx 5 does now when I understand how sx 5 operates.

Also, the part about sx 5 being the non-5 of the 5... Yes, it just makes so much sense. A lot of people have such strong opinions on me not being a 5 on PersC thinking I'm either a CP6w5 or well-integrated 4. They have just yet to see me go "OMG WHY IS THAT THING HAPPENING NOW" cue extreme sense of anxiety over reacting to something unknown and unpredictable.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LSI Se

Yeah, Jawz even managed to get himself banned. He also received a lot of shit for simply being him which is so funny and ironic considering his member of the month title. I see a lot of parallels between myself and Jawz because we're fairly similar in how we come across on the forum. He's more volatile being a 4 however. I'm also fairly sure that we also share tritype, him being 485 and me 548. Not much of a difference overall though, to be honest. Maybe's 854 too. Maybe it's just something with our tritype that makes us hard to digest for most people? /headscratch

I remember that Elfboy wrote something about (or maybe it was someone else) that sx/sp types tend to simply have that impression on people. You either love them or hate them. It's hard to be neutral around us. Thus far of what I've seen, it seems to make sense, yes. Maybe, Jawz and I are also all sx/sp types although it took some time for me to realize I'm sx first. Now it feels so right though. I can't believe I didn't realize it earlier although I knew deep down in my heart that sp/sx wasn't quite right for me. I always questioned it, part because of my difficulty relating to general sp first descriptions even though sp 5 does describe me well. It does however not describe me as well as sx 5 does now when I understand how sx 5 operates.
    These are good points. The 548/845/458 archetype is a very "direct" "individualist type" to a fault. If we all march to the beat of your own drum and don't pay attention to social protocol (not to mention, have an SO blind spot) that could actually be a good explanation for some of the hate.

I'm going to be very stereotypical here, @LeaT - and go out on a limb - but I would say it's probably even harder for you than me because I have that wing 6 on my 5 fix and that wing 3 on my 4 fix =p

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Maybe View Post
    These are good points. The 548/845/458 archetype is a very "direct" "individualist type" to a fault. If we all march to the beat of your own drum and don't pay attention to social protocol (not to mention, have an SO blind spot) that could actually be a good explanation for some of the hate.

I'm going to be very stereotypical here, @LeaT - and go out on a limb - but I would say it's probably even harder for you than me because I have that wing 6 on my 5 fix and that wing 3 on my 4 fix =p
    Haha, and you also type as MBTI Ne-Fe as opposed to my Fi/Ti-Ne with Fe ignoring and you got a connection to 2, I got mine to 8. I would say that overall, 5 is hardly a very social type though regardless of wing due to it simply lacking a connection to on of the more "social" types i.e. 2, 6 and 9. Sure, a 5 can have a strong connection to 6 as a wing but I am not sure I would say that 6 is always so friendly and nice either, especially the CP ones :P The way a 6 wing affects 5 is mostly in terms of where and how you direct your thinking to solve your sense of anxiety anyway. A core 5 is still a core 5 regardless of wings.

Also, 5s with a very strong connection to 8 such as myself will come acoss as very grouchy because we're very secure with our knowledge and we're not afraid to push people with it. The Blog Enneagram Central actually likens us to a Scrooge/Grinch-like character somewhere.

Entranced Fives often have a brusque, curt manner of expression, just because they are not paying attention to anything except how a thing works.
    As an example. As per usual I failed to find the actual quote...

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Also, the part about sx 5 being the non-5 of the 5... Yes, it just makes so much sense. A lot of people have such strong opinions on me not being a 5 on PersC thinking I'm either a CP6w5 or well-integrated 4. They have just yet to see me go "OMG WHY IS THAT THING HAPPENING NOW" cue extreme sense of anxiety over reacting to something unknown and unpredictable.
    He got banned from type C or Personalitycafe?