INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    ok but what does those even mean?
    lol, see my post in response to you.

I was waiting for the day you and I would meet.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Youtuber | The Typologist Blog | Redditor | Message me!

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by flatlander View Post
    The forum is easily one of the most community-like I've ever seen, with clear social dynamics, advocacy groups and movements. People form cliques very readily, and there is not only drama, but drama that reaches to a personal level, which a few people thrive on and prefer to perpetuate.

There were some good connections I made on the site, but it had been taking up too much of my time for awhile. I just need some room to breathe. Maybe I'll be back after I don't feel like part of it anymore.
    I agree, the drama is too much. I haven't personally retired though but I don't see much of the point being active on the site either more than staving off boredom. Unless some of the social dynamics will change especially with regards to the enneagram subforum I think my activity there will drastically diminish, at least. It's just not enjoyable to be there and I already retired once because being on PersC is actually stressful, and I've never been on a forum that's feeling like it's stressful before.

@Porsche I'm mostly still there because I some of the people were very mean to Maybe and I seek revenge, hah. They were mean to me too but I don't give as many fucks about that. I'm over with that already. Hurting my friends is a different story though.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Quote Originally Posted by LeaT View Post
    Id type: 3, 7, 8
    Ego type: 4, 5, 9
    Superego type: 1, 2, 6

Basically just if the type identifies with the superego, ego or id. Like 5 has a strong superego drive according to Naranjo but the 5 does not idenfiy with his superego in contrast to the 1, but the 5 identifies with the underdog (the ego, since the ego is always subordinate to the superego), which is why the 5 is an ego type.
    Oh wierd. Socionics lists my id as Si and Te. Would that put an emphasis on my Si Te as an ESTP?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    Oh wierd. Socionics lists my id as Si and Te. Would that put an emphasis on my Si Te as an ESTP?
    No, it means that you dislike Si and Te as functions so when you engage SLIs and LSEs they just really rub you the wrong way because they think so differently to you. This sense of conflict only tends to occur if the relationship develops more than simply being less than acquaintances though. You don't always hate those that represent your superego type but you don't tend to be overly fond of them either. Communication issues occur too easily unless you share a common goal.

Wait, facepalm. You said id, not superego. The id functions tend to just be ignored and simply rejected. A perfect example is how I'm Fe ignoring (EII) and try to tell me anything which revolves around Fe and chances are that I'll mostly go "huh, why is this important". I'm just not consciously aware of Fe at all, hence ignoring function. Also, if you'll start to Fe cuddle me in my face chances are that you'll also start to piss me off. I'm kind of cool with Ni but we don't reject the 8th function as much as the 7th, we just tend to distrust what it tells us. The 8th function always plays an important role in our unconscious though. I for example tend to get a lot of strong Ni impressions about people all the time, but I don't trust these impressions because I don't know where they come from and I can't logically anchor those impressions in accordance with Ne. Ne says something different to me and Ne being my creative and thus valued function, I just tend to trust Ne more.

Also, how did you go from enneagram and how it views the Freudian psyche to socionics lol?

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

I've mostly avoided the stress and clique-ish behavior of PerC, merely for the fact that I avoided the drama like a plague. I'm still over there, because there is an active discourse on enneagram that is interesting to me. But there have been no good threads lately, and I've been getting bored.

Anyway, @Porsche, welcome. I'm fairly inactive here, but I pop in from time to time, so maybe I'll see you around. (I won't ask you to say you were at PerC, but I'm extremely curious. )

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LSI Se

Quote Originally Posted by madhatter View Post
    I've mostly avoided the stress and clique-ish behavior of PerC,
    ^ That's why you are my heroine.

I do my best to avoid drama, but it tends to find me. What am I doing wrong?? What magic have you mastered that I have not? Is it my blind SO instinct? LOL. *falls to my knees*
    Art is the blood of the Exile
    4w3 6w7 8w9 ~ Sx/Sp ~ ISTP ~ LSI-Se

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LSI Se

@Porsche I'm mostly still there because I some of the people were very mean to Maybe and I seek revenge, hah. They were mean to me too but I don't give as many fucks about that. I'm over with that already. Hurting my friends is a different story though.
    * hugs *

They were mean to you, too, and I hated it. That is one of the reasons I wanted to stay on the forum, actually; because I didn't want to just "leave" knowing they'd continue being mean to you and I wouldn't be there to rip them up like I used to. But it got to the point where the best revenge I could imagine was to just leave the forum, since a few people seem so obsessed with what I'm posting that my disappearance would end up leaving them high and dry. I'd figure that if you left the forum too, they'd be doubly disappointed. They'd have to find new stalking victims. But, do as you see fit. You are the best And I can't pretend the thought of you piercing them with your logic-blades wouldn't give me a major thrill. =p

@Porsche I had issues along these lines: people finding out who I was PM'ing and talking to in private, reporting my actions to other people I was friends with. Checking my posts, nitpicking each thing, reporting what's "wrong with my posts" to people I knew, or getting other people to gang up on me. Even after I left the forum, I'm still hearing about rumors being spread to people I know about who I'm still talking to and what I'm doing off forum, or what my enneagram type really is. I'm not fishing for drama, or trying to find out about this crap, but reports just keep coming to me; for instance, friends asking me, "Did you talk to X about Y?" Or telling me things they heard about me. I just wanted to move on, but apparently I've left some kind of major legacy worth talking about? [smirk]

I'm flattered, but seriously, it would behoove people to GET.A.LIFE.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LSI Se

Quote Originally Posted by Porsche View Post
    Uh, it's unavoidable. If your type has some coolness attached to it you are prone to scrutiny. For example INTJ = mastermind, the scientist, villain, virgin, asocial/antisocial nerd, robot, rare type. But the SFPs SFJs don't get the same scrutiny. Same thing with enneagram. If you're an 8, you're a tough, strong, badass, If you're 4 you're unique and special, if you're 5 you're intelligent and robotic. But types 9, 6, 2 don't get the same harsh judgement and scrutiny.
    This is so true. I was mistyped at 3 for a short time and it was *so great* - nobody bothered me and hounded me about my type!! I was able to figure out that I was mistyped *on my own* - imagine that - real self-discovery??? I did ask a lot of other 3's questions, as well as 8s (as it was in the back of my mind that I might be an 8 all along, but I had trouble accepting it) .. but nobody pushed me to change my type until I was typed at 8. What the hell!

I don't have anything to hide too. It's just that, I want to experience the anonymity, privacy, and I don't want to feel that TypoC is PerC the 2nd.

May I know who those people are? (Those who are calling you a mistype?)
    If you want to see some of it, a big portion of it happened on the Witch Hunt thread. You can PM me if you want, and I'll tell you what went down. Also, you can tell me who you are if you'd like to =)

Why do they care? I don't know? Envy? LOL.
    Good question. =)

I have a few theories on this, and one is projection. My enneagram journey was complex - I mistyped first at 5 and then at 3. When I was mistyped at 5, I was starting to see the 8 in myself but I was retreating into major denial mode. People on the forum kept pointing out 8ish behaviors and I was hiding from it. I sort of "stuck to the 5 label" and on a few occasions, exploded at other 5s who I thought were mistypes. I'm not proud of this and afterwards I apologized to all of them, once I realized what I'd done. It was a matter of projection. I knew deep down that I was mistyped, and I wasn't ready to face my type, so I took it out on other people. =(

As sad as I am that I did this, I will say that I never once picked on them on a personal level or insulted them. I was simply insensitive to their personal journey; I didn't understand the enneagram journey in full, and took my problems out on them without realizing it. And in a way I'm glad I went through this because it shed a lot of light on why other people might do it to each other. I spent some time on the forum explaining what I had done and trying to alert others to this possibility, so they could be more compassionate towards possible mistypes.

Everyone projects. Not even the most logical, objective ENTJ 1 or INTJ 5 is able to escape projection. It is human nature. But on that forum, too many people ganged up together and indulged these tendencies. Part of this is because it's a popularity contest over there, and picking out mistyped 8s or 5s seems to earn them social points and followers and friends?

So far I feel on this forum, people are more independent, which makes them more likely to keep each other in check.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Maybe View Post
    ^ That's why you are my heroine.

I do my best to avoid drama, but it tends to find me. What am I doing wrong?? What magic have you mastered that I have not? Is it my blind SO instinct? LOL. *falls to my knees*
    lol yes, been asking the same thing lately. What am I doing wrong that makes it so easy for them to start nitpick and create drama?

Quote Originally Posted by Maybe View Post
    * hugs *

They were mean to you, too, and I hated it. That is one of the reasons I wanted to stay on the forum, actually; because I didn't want to just "leave" knowing they'd continue being mean to you and I wouldn't be there to rip them up like I used to. But it got to the point where the best revenge I could imagine was to just leave the forum, since a few people seem so obsessed with what I'm posting that my disappearance would end up leaving them high and dry. I'd figure that if you left the forum too, they'd be doubly disappointed. They'd have to find new stalking victims. But, do as you see fit. You are the best And I can't pretend the thought of you piercing them with your logic-blades wouldn't give me a major thrill. =p

@Porsche I had issues along these lines: people finding out who I was PM'ing and talking to in private, reporting my actions to other people I was friends with. Checking my posts, nitpicking each thing, reporting what's "wrong with my posts" to people I knew, or getting other people to gang up on me. Even after I left the forum, I'm still hearing about rumors being spread to people I know about who I'm still talking to and what I'm doing off forum, or what my enneagram type really is. I'm not fishing for drama, or trying to find out about this crap, but reports just keep coming to me; for instance, friends asking me, "Did you talk to X about Y?" Or telling me things they heard about me. I just wanted to move on, but apparently I've left some kind of major legacy worth talking about? [smirk]

I'm flattered, but seriously, it would behoove people to GET.A.LIFE.
    Mostly though, I made Promethea keep tabs on these people and I will continually report/force them to misbehave so it leads to a ban. I know that me being around will provoke them and they WILL make mistakes and I WILL capitalize on them. Leaving in a way seems like giving up to me at this point. I'll stay and remain active and I'll get them banned lol. Yeah, I've heard "rumors" from other people talking about "rumors" about me too. I was a little wtf about that. Sure, I know I come off strongly but there are rumors? Really?! Should I be flattered that you care this much about me and my person?

It's also funny as I have yet to see any of these people on this site. I wonder why...

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

lol yes, been asking the same thing lately. What am I doing wrong that makes it so easy for them to start nitpick and create drama?

Mostly though, I made Promethea keep tabs on these people and I will continually report/force them to misbehave so it leads to a ban. I know that me being around will provoke them and they WILL make mistakes and I WILL capitalize on them. Leaving in a way seems like giving up to me at this point. I'll stay and remain active and I'll get them banned lol. Yeah, I've heard "rumors" from other people talking about "rumors" about me too. I was a little wtf about that. Sure, I know I come off strongly but there are rumors? Really?! Should I be flattered that you care this much about me and my person?

It's also funny as I have yet to see any of these people on this site. I wonder why...
    Promethea has no power to do that last I checked, and she shouldn't be your private army. PerC is a lost cause so long as the mods in control remain ignorant of the forum's real problems. They're banning a lot of people recently but I suspect this has nothing to do with change in policy or action to make things better. I suspect the very act of making separate forums breeds xenophobia. Then again "us vs them" could be the only thing holding that shit heap together.