First 51314151617 Last

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LSI Se

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    I suspect some 5's lie and wait for me to say something dumb. Seems kinda dickish. But yeah there definitely is a 6 until proven otherwise mentality over there.

Its kinda like this:
    "You're a 6"
    "no I'm not."
    "you're reacting, that makes you a 6."
    "What? I'm not a 6. Anxiety plays no major part in my life."
    "6's aren't aware of their anxiety."
    "Ok well I don't have any."
    "You're not aware of it."
    "You don't know me"
    "yes I do"
    "leave me alone"
    "you're getting reactive now, like a 6"
    "wtf are you talking about"
    *multiple people come in telling you how 6 you are*
    "Stop bothering me"
    "now you're playing victim, just like a 6"
    "fuck OFFF!!"
    *moderators come in and make fun of you*
    *you get banned for getting angry and telling the moderators to fuck off*
    LMAO, this is *exactly* what happened to me!

Well, minus the moderators and the banning.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Quote Originally Posted by LeaT View Post
    I honestly don't know. I do know that many of them are strong superego types (self-admitted) and they've made it their mission to call out on what they think is bullshit so I think that explains it really. Superego frustration can do amazing things to people.
    What's a super-ego/id type?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by flatlander View Post
    I enjoy explaining my thinking, too, just that I don't always become confident enough to do it in a public forum.
    Why did you retire? Is it because of school or there's something else?

Quote Originally Posted by Maybe View Post
    I'm sorry you had to go through that.
    Uh, it's unavoidable. If your type has some coolness attached to it you are prone to scrutiny. For example INTJ = mastermind, the scientist, villain, virgin, asocial/antisocial nerd, robot, rare type. But the SFPs SFJs don't get the same scrutiny. Same thing with enneagram. If you're an 8, you're a tough, strong, badass, If you're 4 you're unique and special, if you're 5 you're intelligent and robotic. But types 9, 6, 2 don't get the same harsh judgement and scrutiny.

My name is the same - I have nothing to hide from anyone, I just wasn't enjoying the forum anymore. But, I did consider changing it in case some of the drama followed me. The thing is, it wasn't just me. It seemed to be a trend that happens to other people, too.
    I don't have anything to hide too. It's just that, I want to experience the anonymity, privacy, and I don't want to feel that TypoC is PerC the 2nd.

Haha. I had no problem with people calling me a mistype if it's approached as a theoretical disagreement- even though you're right - I know my own type, so they won't get very far. The problem is they'd use it as an excuse to be cruel. If I react, I must be a 6; 8s don't care what others think. If I don't react, I must be a 9; 8s would never put up with that. If I complain about what they did, I must be a 4; I'm victimizing. It's as though 8s are these perfect beings who have no feelings or vulnerabilities, so if you "claim such a label," it is your duty to endure these attacks with the utmost finesse. If you don't react to them saying "you're not an 8" they will keep insulting you in any way they can, until they do get a reaction.

I have no problem talking theory and letting people attribute other numbers to my behavior, but those attacks make me feel like I can't post on the site about anything of substance. Every word I post is bait for them to rip apart like wolves. It's just not fun anymore.

On top of that.. why do they care so much about my typing? Is my conclusion about my own type really that important to them?

(Oh, and did I forget to mention, when I was mistyped, people kept telling me, "Are you sure you're not an 8?" And the minute I did type at 8, they all had poles in their behinds?)

I get the feeling so far that most people on this site couldn't care less what type I am, and that makes me happy. =D
    Yeah, it's preferable that way, to explain your type in a more logical rational sense than by attacking your understanding of the system. I find it rude.

May I know who those people are? (Those who are calling you a mistype?)

Why do they care? I don't know? Envy? LOL.

This site is more mature I think, but it's a very small community compared to PerC.

Haha, bored and trolling =p

It would be nice if people could learn the difference between a debate about opinions and a personal attack. It would also be nice if the mods were consistent with their handling of personal attacks, and did not play favorites to such an extreme.
    Agree to that!

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

Yeah it didn't make any sense when they did that to me unless they were deliberately trolling, the biggest problem was that I'd ask for personal growth advice, and no one would give me the benefit of the doubt. I'll never know what their deal was. I recently had a whole thread dedicated to me and how dumb I am. *flexes*
    I have read that read. And it got closed. If I were you I'd be flattered. You're the star man.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by LeaT View Post
    This. Whenever I brought myself up in relation to type e.g. enneagram in particular and explained how I see things, how things work for me etc., it was just me being an attention whore and trying to prove how fake I am and how I am a mistype lol. Fair enough, mistypes happen and I see no problem suggesting that if someone says something that seems really out of line with the actual type someone claims to be or if you simply correct their understanding of the type, but simply saying you cannot be this type because they would never do XYZ for no apparent reason more than the person in questioning not thinking that's in line with that type's logic on a superficial level (i.e. all 8s are tough lol), then it's just ridiculous.
    Why are they using enneagram to attack other people? I mean Enneagram exposes your vulnerabilities and weakness, and this system should be used for personal awareness and growth. Not for, who's more knowledgeable. Everybody learns at their own pace, and bashing someone's type is just plain rude. May I know who these people are, who pointed you're a mistype? And also, what's the reason why aconite retired?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

Super ego types - 1, 2, 6
    Ego types - 4, 5, 9
    Id types - 3, 7, 8

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Quote Originally Posted by Porsche View Post
    Super ego types - 1, 2, 6
    Ego types - 4, 5, 9
    Id types - 3, 7, 8
    ok but what does those even mean?

MBTI
    iNtj
    Enneagram
    582 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI

Why did you retire? Is it because of school or there's something else?
    The forum is easily one of the most community-like I've ever seen, with clear social dynamics, advocacy groups and movements. People form cliques very readily, and there is not only drama, but drama that reaches to a personal level, which a few people thrive on and prefer to perpetuate.

There were some good connections I made on the site, but it had been taking up too much of my time for awhile. I just need some room to breathe. Maybe I'll be back after I don't feel like part of it anymore.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Id type: 3, 7, 8
    Ego type: 4, 5, 9
    Superego type: 1, 2, 6

Basically just if the type identifies with the superego, ego or id. Like 5 has a strong superego drive according to Naranjo but the 5 does not idenfiy with his superego in contrast to the 1, but the 5 identifies with the underdog (the ego, since the ego is always subordinate to the superego), which is why the 5 is an ego type.

I was waiting for the day you and I would meet.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Youtuber | The Typologist Blog | Redditor | Message me!

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Why are they using enneagram to attack other people? I mean Enneagram exposes your vulnerabilities and weakness, and this system should be used for personal awareness and growth. Not for, who's more knowledgeable. Everybody learns at their own pace, and bashing someone's type is just plain rude. May I know who these people are, who pointed you're a mistype? And also, what's the reason why aconite retired?
    I'll answer you like this:

1. Because they are unhealthy people with nothing better to do than project on those who claim to be a certain type, specifically, 4, 5 and 8 thinking that all people who are of these types and talk about themselves in relation to type in order to create discussion glorify their type and are attention whores. Since they are attention whores they must be mistypes because if you are a type, you won't glorify your type (aka talk about yourself in relation to your type) but instead just do what... sit in a corner and suffer miserably because they happened to be type X because being a type is so suck? I mean sure, all types suck but it's not THAT bad now, either. I think I somehow would have greater issues if I was forced to accept that I suffer from narcissistic personality disorder or similar. I mean yes, 7s do that but you know what I mean XD They aren't actually classified according to the DSM-IV (did they release V yet?).

2. If you must know I rather PM you because even I got standards

3. Several of them did.

4. Because Inguz retired because he needed a time-out from the forum. He was getting stuck in unhealthy behavior and needed to work his shit out. Since they are in a LDR, she retired too.

I was waiting for the day you and I would meet.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Youtuber | The Typologist Blog | Redditor | Message me!