User Tag List

First 41213141516 Last

Results 131 to 140 of 227

  1. #131
    Senior Member Entropic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni
    Posts
    1,199

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Porsche View Post
    Hey, I like the way you explained FlightsOfFancy's cognitive functions.

    You and LeaT are one of the few that I find analytical.
    Hah, apparently he was not all too happy the way I did it though, thinking I came off too crassly, was rude and sounded arrogant etc XD

    I was waiting for the day you and I would meet.

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Youtuber | The Typologist Blog | Redditor | Message me!

  2. #132
    Senior Member Entropic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni
    Posts
    1,199

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maybe View Post
    But at the same time, I didn't want to post anymore, because I'm not getting anything out of the site if I can't post anything of substance about my personal experience without it turning into an illogical bashing session.
    This. Whenever I brought myself up in relation to type e.g. enneagram in particular and explained how I see things, how things work for me etc., it was just me being an attention whore and trying to prove how fake I am and how I am a mistype lol. Fair enough, mistypes happen and I see no problem suggesting that if someone says something that seems really out of line with the actual type someone claims to be or if you simply correct their understanding of the type, but simply saying you cannot be this type because they would never do XYZ for no apparent reason more than the person in questioning not thinking that's in line with that type's logic on a superficial level (i.e. all 8s are tough lol), then it's just ridiculous.

    I was waiting for the day you and I would meet.

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Youtuber | The Typologist Blog | Redditor | Message me!

  3. #133
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Posts
    2,319

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LeaT View Post
    This. Whenever I brought myself up in relation to type e.g. enneagram in particular and explained how I see things, how things work for me etc., it was just me being an attention whore and trying to prove how fake I am and how I am a mistype lol. Fair enough, mistypes happen and I see no problem suggesting that if someone says something that seems really out of line with the actual type someone claims to be or if you simply correct their understanding of the type, but simply saying you cannot be this type because they would never do XYZ for no apparent reason more than the person in questioning not thinking that's in line with that type's logic on a superficial level (i.e. all 8s are tough lol), then it's just ridiculous.
    lmao. What type were you "pretending" to be? I got the same treatment.

  4. #134
    Senior Member Entropic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni
    Posts
    1,199

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    lmao. What type were you "pretending" to be? I got the same treatment.
    4 and CP6w5. I can understand 4, I got a very strong wing and I think I take on more of a 4-like behavior when I drop to unhealthier levels and I also definitely see a strong connection from my 4 connection to 1 and many people thought I'm an integrated 4 to 1 for a while (lol no, I wish I was that healthy), but CP6w5 was so out of the blue and it was essentially based on one post I made where I described how I saw the differences between 5 and 6 anxiety and how I understand 5 anxiety. Also, people questioning my tritype and that I claim to be 8-fixed over 9 or 1 for gut where I provided personal examples of what I thought explained "8 gravitas". And that my understanding of the system is shallow because I type a person in my friendship circle as a 6 based on a certain event which occurred even though I clarified in the very post that it was not this very event that led me to typing him as a 6 but I thought that looking back, it exemplified his type.

    Just people in general twisting what I write into something I didn't write because they don't like that I believe that my tritype consists of all the popular/cool types And then when I say they misunderstand what I write or that I tend to tell people they don't understand (and I only do this when it's justified and it's clear they have a poor understanding of the theory and I think you're aware that this is rather typical for all 5s since we are married to our knowledge), it's just me being pretentious and trying to come off smarter than I am lmao. Like nothing you do or say is acceptable. There's always something wrong with it.

    I was waiting for the day you and I would meet.

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Youtuber | The Typologist Blog | Redditor | Message me!

  5. #135
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Posts
    2,319

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LeaT View Post
    4 and CP6w5. I can understand 4, I got a very strong wing and I think I take on more of a 4-like behavior when I drop to unhealthier levels and I also definitely see a strong connection from my 4 connection to 1 and many people thought I'm an integrated 4 to 1 for a while (lol no, I wish I was that healthy), but CP6w5 was so out of the blue and it was essentially based on one post I made where I described how I saw the differences between 5 and 6 anxiety and how I understand 5 anxiety. Also, people questioning my tritype and that I claim to be 8-fixed over 9 or 1 for gut where I provided personal examples of what I thought explained "8 gravitas". And that my understanding of the system is shallow because I type a person in my friendship circle as a 6 based on a certain event which occurred even though I clarified in the very post that it was not this very event that led me to typing him as a 6 but I thought that looking back, it exemplified his type.

    Just people in general twisting what I write into something I didn't write because they don't like that I believe that my tritype consists of all the popular/cool types And then when I say they misunderstand what I write or that I tend to tell people they don't understand (and I only do this when it's justified and it's clear they have a poor understanding of the theory and I think you're aware that this is rather typical for all 5s since we are married to our knowledge), it's just me being pretentious and trying to come off smarter than I am lmao. Like nothing you do or say is acceptable. There's always something wrong with it.
    haha. Yeah that's dumb.

  6. #136
    Senior Member Entropic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni
    Posts
    1,199

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    haha. Yeah that's dumb.
    Yeah, they don't like when people type as 4, 5 or 8 because "everyone" does that. Also, this whole "you're a 6 until proven otherwise" logic. *roll eyes* I admit I think 6s and 9s are pretty common, but it doesn't mean everyone is going to actually be a 6 or a 9. In general though, aside 4s that I think are more common than perhaps especially other 4s want to admit XD, I think most people haven't met or spoken to many actual 5s. After speaking to Flatlander in depth over the course of time, it's so obvious I'm a 5 but with a very strong connection to 8. For some reason there's this underlying assumption that since 5s are a withdrawn type they are not going to be very aggressive. That's true for most of the part until you say something really, really logically stupid XD The inner child of a 5 is 8. We are just 8s in disguise and I am not afraid to flaunt with mine.

    I was waiting for the day you and I would meet.

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Youtuber | The Typologist Blog | Redditor | Message me!

  7. #137
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Posts
    2,319

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LeaT View Post
    Yeah, they don't like when people type as 4, 5 or 8 because "everyone" does that. Also, this whole "you're a 6 until proven otherwise" logic. *roll eyes* I admit I think 6s and 9s are pretty common, but it doesn't mean everyone is going to actually be a 6 or a 9. In general though, aside 4s that I think are more common than perhaps especially other 4s want to admit XD, I think most people haven't met or spoken to many actual 5s. After speaking to Flatlander in depth over the course of time, it's so obvious I'm a 5 but with a very strong connection to 8. For some reason there's this underlying assumption that since 5s are a withdrawn type they are not going to be very aggressive. That's true for most of the part until you say something really, really logically stupid XD The inner child of a 5 is 8. We are just 8s in disguise and I am not afraid to flaunt with mine.
    I suspect some 5's lie and wait for me to say something dumb. Seems kinda dickish. But yeah there definitely is a 6 until proven otherwise mentality over there.

    Its kinda like this:
    "You're a 6"
    "no I'm not."
    "you're reacting, that makes you a 6."
    "What? I'm not a 6. Anxiety plays no major part in my life."
    "6's aren't aware of their anxiety."
    "Ok well I don't have any."
    "You're not aware of it."
    "You don't know me"
    "yes I do"
    "leave me alone"
    "you're getting reactive now, like a 6"
    "wtf are you talking about"
    *multiple people come in telling you how 6 you are*
    "Stop bothering me"
    "now you're playing victim, just like a 6"
    "fuck OFFF!!"
    *moderators come in and make fun of you*
    *you get banned for getting angry and telling the moderators to fuck off*

  8. #138
    Senior Member Entropic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni
    Posts
    1,199

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    I suspect some 5's lie and wait for me to say something dumb. Seems kinda dickish. But yeah there definitely is a 6 until proven otherwise mentality over there.

    Its kinda like this:
    "You're a 6"
    "no I'm not."
    "you're reacting, that makes you a 6."
    "What? I'm not a 6. Anxiety plays no major part in my life."
    "6's aren't aware of their anxiety."
    "Ok well I don't have any."
    "You're not aware of it."
    "You don't know me"
    "yes I do"
    "leave me alone"
    "you're getting reactive now, like a 6"
    "wtf are you talking about"
    *multiple people come in telling you how 6 you are*
    "Stop bothering me"
    "now you're playing victim, just like a 6"
    "fuck OFFF!!"
    *moderators come in and make fun of you*
    lmao, I promise, it's not intentional Just that when I see people write something stupid it really just irks me the wrong way.

    Yeah, the whole guilt blaming when people become defensive and "ah, you're overreacting now" and "you're playing the victim" card is something I recognize as well. And then you see someone else doing something that perfectly exemplifies unhealthy CP6 overreactivity to me despite typing as an 8 but then the person is being "chill". Yep, wtf. For example in one thread I made when people started to gang up on me and kept misrepresenting what I wrote on what I highly suspect is on purpose (although unconsciously so), I was just playing the victim card when I said that they are misrepresenting it. And then I go back and copy the actual quotes and when I do that I'm avoiding the actual problem of the conversation. Seriously, people can be so ridiculous.

    I was waiting for the day you and I would meet.

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Youtuber | The Typologist Blog | Redditor | Message me!

  9. #139
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Posts
    2,319

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LeaT View Post
    lmao, I promise, it's not intentional Just that when I see people write something stupid it really just irks me the wrong way.

    Yeah, the whole guilt blaming when people become defensive and "ah, you're overreacting now" and "you're playing the victim" card is something I recognize as well. And then you see someone else doing something that perfectly exemplifies unhealthy CP6 overreactivity to me despite typing as an 8 but then the person is being "chill". Yep, wtf. For example in one thread I made when people started to gang up on me and kept misrepresenting what I wrote on what I highly suspect is on purpose (although unconsciously so), I was just playing the victim card when I said that they are misrepresenting it. And then I go back and copy the actual quotes and when I do that I'm avoiding the actual problem of the conversation. Seriously, people can be so ridiculous.
    I'd like to know what's going on. Maybe they're just flat out trolling?

  10. #140
    Senior Member Entropic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni
    Posts
    1,199

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    I'd like to know what's going on. Maybe they're just flat out trolling?
    I honestly don't know. I do know that many of them are strong superego types (self-admitted) and they've made it their mission to call out on what they think is bullshit so I think that explains it really. Superego frustration can do amazing things to people.

    I was waiting for the day you and I would meet.

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Youtuber | The Typologist Blog | Redditor | Message me!

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 38
    Last Post: 07-08-2014, 12:44 AM
  2. Dwigie says ":hi"
    By Dwigie in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 08-26-2008, 11:00 PM
  3. Just saying hi...
    By Cimarron in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-22-2008, 09:04 PM
  4. Another INFJ Saying Hi
    By violaine in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-13-2008, 01:28 PM
  5. Just an ESFP that wants to say hi!
    By kimbees54 in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-17-2008, 11:16 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO