User Tag List

First 8910111220 Last

Results 91 to 100 of 227

  1. #91
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx
    Posts
    67

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
    I was closing on 10k posts when I left. I joined in January 2011 and I think I left in June or July of 2012.
    Is your decision to left PerC an irrevocable one? My reasons for leaving PerC is just shallow, so my decision is still revocable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Newbyagain View Post
    You probably know me Porsche. And yes, liking opponents posts was something that used to irritate me. I understand I can be a little abrasive or forward, but some people take it harsher than intended or maybe they just look for trouble. Let's play a game. Who am I!? =)

    Oh, and yes, I was permanently banned.
    There's so many INFJs there. How do I know? I don't think you're NingstaKitty, she retired and not banned. Not emeraldsea, she's influential there and loved by members, not n2freedom, she also retired. I'm guessing you're the type 8 Btmangan or Raichan. But I'm really not so sure. I have no idea.

    You're permanently banned? Your violation must have been serious. What did you say or do to make them permaban you? What rules have you broken? May I know?

    And btw, welcome to Typology Central

    Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Some say paranoia is a just a heightened state of awareness; while others say paranoia is psychological preparation to attack; and even others say paranoia is unreasonable fear; while the Ancient Greeks say paranoia is 'knowing beside', so one might become beside oneself with paranoia; and still others say paranoia is a simple solution to a complex problem.

    So whether you are aware, preparing to attack, fearful, beside yourself, or simple - welcome to Typology Central.
    I guess you're right, and add being cautious and being hyper vigilant, and being cynical. Maybe "It's all in my mind", lol.

    Thank you for welcoming me.

    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
    I love that you didn't notice. And they bitched that I made a scene when I quit. lulz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
    Disagreement with management.



    There was no thread. Most members didn't even know I'd left until they happened upon a post with "retired" on it, or someone else who did told them so. When I left I deleted my photobucket account because it had "perc" in the name and I wasn't feeling particularly charitable. It had the photos, etc for the Member of the Month stuff I was in charge of. Shortly thereafter I apologized and offered the images to them, and they declined.

    It's possible the simple fact of my suddenly leaving was considered a "scene."
    There are some threads like "PerC members that you miss", and your name is repeatedly mentioned there, and Kayness too plus others too. They are sad. And I regret that I didn't have enough time to know you too.

    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
    Nope, I worked for free. I can only assume everyone else did too. Except Happy, the former owner, who got ad money. Now Happy works at crowdgather, perc's owned by crowdgather, and TreeBob runs the site.
    @Duck_of_Death, I laugh every time I see your avatar. Every. Time.
    I thought mods are being paid?

    Quote Originally Posted by PeaceAndMusic View Post
    Hi Porsche,
    I have an account over on the cafe as well. I've made some friends, but I understand what you're saying. Some people are down right insulting! Over all, my experience there is a positive one, but I'm glad for this site. I don't think people here fly off the handle so easily. Less drama is always a good thing.
    Welcome . Enjoy a drama free time!
    I have lots of positive experience too! But lately, the people there are forming "groups", and these "groups" tend to gang up the new ones or the members who have lesser experience/knowledge of the topic. So sad.

    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
    Nope. Being able to write mocking limericks about trolls I was permabanning made for a great time, though. I was really disappointed when I was told I had to stop.
    Wait... Can you clarify on that one? They told you stop 'moderating'? I thought you're the one who resigned. Your messages though in the Ban/Infraction thread for the people who violate rules are so hilarious

  2. #92
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx
    Posts
    67

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jontherobot View Post
    How do you like it over there? Do you travel? An Army friend of mine lives a second life from that country, he really loves it... always trying to convince me I'd do well if I went :P

    So you know, our website has a dedicated chat server ran through the Ventrilo client. A lot of regulars go there to talk, it's a neat place to make friends
    They say "Familiarity breeds contempt". Yes, you should visit

    I just recently got my login/password from patches a while ago. I'll try to use Ventrilo at some other time.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mane View Post
    PerC is a wonderful place for gathering type-specific information, getting fast self-reporting from large numbers in type-dedicated forums ripe for the use.
    on the flip side, it's a community too large for memorable connections, broken down into typist wanking circles, as unhealthy of a place to be part of as can be.

    use them & loose them.
    Even if there are a lot of members, you could still have a memorable connection to some people there. It's about having the right person you can count on to.

    Quote Originally Posted by pathos View Post
    I just got banned today from PerC, despite several other members attacking me. The moderators decided to ignore them attacking me because...well...these members are more influential (besides, I threatened to come here). I've been told the crowd is more mature, the moderation is fair, and that my intellect and not fail logic would be respected. Hope to see you around on the boards.
    Are permabanned or just banned? When are you going to get active there again? Who are these influential members? May I know who you are in PerC?

    Yeah that's what I've heard that the members here are more mature and the mods are fair.

    Welcome to Typology Central. See you around.

  3. #93
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx
    Posts
    67

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jontherobot View Post
    How do you like it over there? Do you travel? An Army friend of mine lives a second life from that country, he really loves it... always trying to convince me I'd do well if I went :P

    So you know, our website has a dedicated chat server ran through the Ventrilo client. A lot of regulars go there to talk, it's a neat place to make friends
    They say "Familiarity breeds contempt". Yes, you should visit

    I just recently got my login/password from patches a while ago. I'll try to use Ventrilo at some other time.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mane View Post
    PerC is a wonderful place for gathering type-specific information, getting fast self-reporting from large numbers in type-dedicated forums ripe for the use.
    on the flip side, it's a community too large for memorable connections, broken down into typist wanking circles, as unhealthy of a place to be part of as can be.

    use them & loose them.
    Even if there are a lot of members, you could still have a memorable connection to some people there. It's about having the right person you can count on to.

    Quote Originally Posted by pathos View Post
    I just got banned today from PerC, despite several other members attacking me. The moderators decided to ignore them attacking me because...well...these members are more influential (besides, I threatened to come here). I've been told the crowd is more mature, the moderation is fair, and that my intellect and not fail logic would be respected. Hope to see you around on the boards.
    Are you permabanned or just banned? When are you going to get active there again? Who are these influential members? May I know who you are in PerC?

    Yeah that's what I've heard that the members here are more mature and the mods are fair.

    Welcome to Typology Central. See you around.

  4. #94
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Posts
    1,232

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pathos View Post
    I just got banned today from PerC, despite several other members attacking me. The moderators decided to ignore them attacking me because...well...these members are more influential (besides, I threatened to come here). I've been told the crowd is more mature, the moderation is fair, and that my intellect and not fail logic would be respected. Hope to see you around on the boards.
    Welcome aboard. Be sure to join my insurgent group.

  5. #95
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Porsche View Post
    Are you permabanned or just banned?
    I'm banned for a month, apparently. There is a lot of fail logic on PerC, especially in the debate threads. I called out people left and right for being idiots - I have no problem being blunt. One person sent me a link and quoted it as proving fact X, but when you actually read the link, it disproves fact X. I told them they clearly didn't read the link. That was considered to be a personal attack. Things of this nature occur quite a lot there.

    I had two people stalk my posts and continue to quote me as well as name call. I told the mods, but received no response. I then put a rough quote of one of the people in my signature and was banned. Hah. Make no doubt - this quote will likely appear in my signature here.

    Quote Originally Posted by Porsche View Post
    When are you going to get active there again? Who are these influential members?
    Various moderators and long-time users who are connected to those mods. One who irritated the hell out of me was a former moderator who was removed for constantly abusing privileges. It is my understanding that this occurs quite frequently.

    I doubt I'll be back too much. I had a lot of superior, well-researched posts. My irritation is that no other party received infractions, despite their behavior being more flagrant. Further, the mods ignored all of my contacts with them.

    The mods at PerC play favorites: if they like you, you won't get infractions or the infractions won't be severe. I know a member who gets infractions every month or so but has yet to be banned. It really is a mess over there. I should have known - I considered joining here, but went there instead. Lesson learned.

    Quote Originally Posted by Porsche View Post
    May I know who you are in PerC?
    Unlikely. I post under the same name and use the same picture, so you would've recognized. I didn't have many posts. I hung around the debate threads mostly.
    "Never think one can turn over any old falsehood without a terrible squirming of the horrid little population that dwells under it." - Someone Brilliant

  6. #96
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,536
    Quote Originally Posted by Duck_of_Death View Post
    This is America.
    What! I would never have guessed. I look around for the Stars and Stripes and there is not one to be seen. And I know America is full of Americans but I could fire a shotgun and not hit one of them.

    If this is America, I am an American. So I am loosing my identity. The world is starting to waver around me. I don't know who I am. And I know you don't know who I am.

    I am going to have to speak to my therapist about this. She has been dying to get her teeth into an 'identity problem' and she has you to thank.

  7. #97
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx
    Posts
    67

    Default

    @pathos

    There are some parts there that are a total mess. Especially if the topic turns to a heated debate. Lots of fighting, here, there and everywhere. Name callings, personal attacks and such if they disagree with your opinion.

    I think the mods play favorites too, especially when giving infraction to someone known there that are their friends. The 2 mods didn't put my threads in the "sticky" section, I was quite disappointed, anyway it's ok.

    There are lots of threads there that are being closed due to constant fighting of the participants. And later, if you read the whole thread, it would just be some form of a popcorn-worthy entertainment.

  8. #98
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx
    Posts
    178

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Porsche View Post
    @pathos There's so many INFJs there. How do I know? I don't think you're NingstaKitty, she retired and not banned. Not emeraldsea, she's influential there and loved by members, not n2freedom, she also retired. I'm guessing you're the type 8 Btmangan or Raichan. But I'm really not so sure. I have no idea.

    You're permanently banned? Your violation must have been serious. What did you say or do to make them permaban you? What rules have you broken? May I know?

    And btw, welcome to Typology Central
    It has been a while since I have done this quote thing, so try to be patient please. Do you think I am Eightish? What did I do... hehe. Well for one I was going through a hard time and took it out on some people who ticked me off... some people I really couldn't stand though, like Billybob. I called him out for his whining and double standards a few times, although I was usually quasi nice about it. He can't handle half his own medicine, so he was itching to get rid of me. I think it was him, but if not, I suspect it could have been somebody who is on this site. Can the lower level moderators permanently ban? Anyway, I'm glad to not be on there, that place was bull shit, as you say below there were too many petty games, moderators taking stuff personal. I can't stand to witness adult men act like teenage girls. You all probably know who I am now. Thank you for the welcome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Porsche View Post
    @pathos

    There are some parts there that are a total mess. Especially if the topic turns to a heated debate. Lots of fighting, here, there and everywhere. Name callings, personal attacks and such if they disagree with your opinion.

    I think the mods play favorites too, especially when giving infraction to someone known there that are their friends. The 2 mods didn't put my threads in the "sticky" section, I was quite disappointed, anyway it's ok.

    There are lots of threads there that are being closed due to constant fighting of the participants. And later, if you read the whole thread, it would just be some form of a popcorn-worthy entertainment.

  9. #99
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx
    Posts
    178

    Default

    Oh and if anybody was wondering, I chose this username because it has a personal spiritual meaning to it, not because of any forum drama.

  10. #100
    Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,810

    Default

    @Porsche Welcome to Typology Central I too used to be a Perc member under the name of Worriedfunction, although I was only there for a few months.

    I asked for my account to be retired because that website crawled under my skin and laid eggs in my peace of mind. In other words I couldn't stand it.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

    Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 38
    Last Post: 07-08-2014, 12:44 AM
  2. Dwigie says ":hi"
    By Dwigie in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 08-26-2008, 11:00 PM
  3. Just saying hi...
    By Cimarron in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-22-2008, 09:04 PM
  4. Another INFJ Saying Hi
    By violaine in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-13-2008, 01:28 PM
  5. Just an ESFP that wants to say hi!
    By kimbees54 in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-17-2008, 11:16 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO