User Tag List

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Red face Hi various internet strangers!

I'm Derpravity. I'm a young creative person who's currently studying a double bachelor of arts and teaching. My major is philosophy, because I love discussing ideas, and my philosophy classes so far have been the only ones where the majority of students show an interest in thinking actively. Trying to get work done in tutorials full of really passive kids "waiting to finish their degrees" drove me absolutely buggy in my first year, and I'm just hoping the trend gets better in the advanced levels. That said, I only just got into the teaching, so I'm in for some first-year classes all over again. Whee.

Tests have placed me pretty squarely into the INTJ category, which definitely feels right. I'm a very critical person and proud of it, aloof and detached, arrogant, and I can't stand ignorance. personalitypage.com says "INTJs are natural leaders, although they usually choose to remain in the background until they see a real need to take over the lead," and that is very, very much me. I don't like working in teams and I'm fairly reserved, but when I have to, I'm very quick to take initiative and drive the whole project.

The theory of the MBTI also says a lot about the conflicts I fall into with my INTP boyfriend. We butt heads a lot, but we love each other way too much to let that stop us.

So yeah, reading further into personality typing is one of the ways I'm killing time 'til the semester starts in March. The tumblr Hipster INTJ was a fun read. Other time-killers include reading Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality (oh my god, it's awesome), watching miscellaneous late 80s-90s films I missed (last one was Dangerous Liaisons, which was fun), and consuming too much homemade pizza.
    Rational idealist. Ethical hedonist. Secular humanist. Libertarian centrist. Lawful neutral. Melancholic. Medicated Bipolar I. Cat person. Kuudere. Dark magical girl. Slytherin. Alcoholic milkshake enthusiast.
    Johari | Nohari

The dream to awaken our world.

Quote Originally Posted by Derpravity View Post
    I'm a young creative person who's currently studying a double bachelor of arts and teaching. My major is philosophy, because I love discussing ideas.
    Hey, don't be a stranger, don't be a stranger to us.

It's always something... PuddleRiver's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Hi Welcome, glad to meet you.
    "In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay one invincible summer."
    ~~~~
    A Christian's life may be the only Bible some people ever read.
    ~~~~
    "The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them" Maya Angelou.
    ~~~~
    I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ" Gandhi
    ~~~~

garbage

Your avatar kicks all sorts of ass. Welcome aboard.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Thanks! I like it.
    Rational idealist. Ethical hedonist. Secular humanist. Libertarian centrist. Lawful neutral. Melancholic. Medicated Bipolar I. Cat person. Kuudere. Dark magical girl. Slytherin. Alcoholic milkshake enthusiast.
    Johari | Nohari

Welc...

oops, I mistook you for Depravity. Never mind.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by JAVO View Post
    Welc...

oops, I mistook you for Depravity. Never mind.
    Now I feel like a disappointment.
    Johari | Nohari