Thread: I'm new. -^_^-

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFj

Quote Originally Posted by small.wonder View Post
    Thanks _eric_, yay for another fox avatar and fellow INFJ's!
    She's actually a wolf, but yeah, that confusion does happen because of the coloring.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spice_and_wolf

It is definitely nice to be around other INFJs here; I don't believe I've ever met one in person. I've met people of every single other type, from what I can tell, but no INFJs...

Enneagram
    4w5 sx/so

[
    Quote Originally Posted by _eric_ View Post
    She's actually a wolf, but yeah, that confusion does happen because of the coloring.
    Sorry about that, wolves are amazing creatures too! I'm not sure why, but preditory animals are my favorite.

It is definitely nice to be around other INFJs here; I don't believe I've ever met one in person. I've met people of every single other type, from what I can tell, but no INFJs...
    Right?! I was happily suprised to find so many INFJ's here! I'm not sure if I know one IRL, I just recently took/started learning about the MBTI so I'm not confident enough yet to even guess others' types. I'm much better versed in the Enneagram.

Oh Kermi, he gets us. -^_^-
    Find my Enneagram writing here. Also, I'd love for you to take my six question Enneagram surveyEnneagram survey!✨

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFj

[
    Sorry about that, wolves are amazing creatures too! I'm not sure why, but preditory animals are my favorite.

Right?! I was happily suprised to find so many INFJ's here! I'm not sure if I know one IRL, I just recently took/started learning about the MBTI so I'm not confident enough yet to even guess others' types. I'm much better versed in the Enneagram.

Oh Kermi, he gets us. -^_^-
    Haha that's cool, the cheetah was my favorite animal when I was really little. I used to have this binder filled with detailed profiles of all sorts of different animals, it was pretty awesome. I kept it at home on a bookshelf next to another binder with the same sort of profile pages in it made by the same company...except that one had military stuff in it like jets, tanks, and ships. That was back in like, third grade lol. Naturally, I was the only kid into that sort of thing in school at that age. I read literally every single book in the elementary library about that, along with all the astronomy books (When it got to the point where I knew I had exhausted them all, that made me kinda sad. lol, and anxious to get into middle school so I could go raid the high school library! ) and a lot of books about technology and science in general, medieval culture/weapons, and ancient history. On average, I'd carry around four books with me at all times--some of which were heavy enough to knock a person out--in addition to my school materials. It was a good workout haha. I kept up that habit in high school as well, though not quite to the same extent due to the increased class work load.

When did you get into Enneagram, and what's your favorite thing about it? I think it was about...four years ago for me. I got into MBTI about five years ago.

I practically lived off of Sesame Street when I was super little, and figured that segment would be appropriate.

*edited multiple times, as always...keep thinking of more to say!*

Enneagram
    9w8

Hello. Nice to meet you. I knew what your type was going to be before I scrolled down and saw it beneath your avatar. Something about you had the INFJ "vibe". Haha...go figure. Like your signature quotes, too.
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=61024&page=14

Enneagram
    4w5 sx/so

Haha that's cool, the cheetah was my favorite animal when I was really little. I used to have this binder filled with detailed profiles of all sorts of different animals, it was pretty awesome. I kept it at home on a bookshelf next to another binder with the same sort of profile pages in it made by the same company...except that one had military stuff in it like jets, tanks, and ships. That was back in like, third grade lol. Naturally, I was the only kid into that sort of thing in school at that age. I read literally every single book in the elementary library about that, along with all the astronomy books (When it got to the point where I knew I had exhausted them all, that made me kinda sad. lol, and anxious to get into middle school so I could go raid the high school library! ) and a lot of books about technology and science in general, medieval culture/weapons, and ancient history. On average, I'd carry around four books with me at all times--some of which were heavy enough to knock a person out--in addition to my school materials. It was a good workout haha. I kept up that habit in high school as well, though not quite to the same extent due to the increased class work load.
    Mine has always been the Tiger, so majestic. Wow, you were quite the book worm from an early age! I actually was too but more fiction than non, I think it's because as a child my Mom always did different voices for each character and made the stories real to me.

When did you get into Enneagram, and what's your favorite thing about it? I think it was about...four years ago for me. I got into MBTI about five years ago.
    I actually just got into the Enneagram a few months ago, a couple of good friends of mine have been telling me about it for over a year. Ever since I started reading I've have been fascinated with it. I think my favorite thing is how detailed it is and how grimly amused I was when I read my type 4 profile. Ha, it was all so freakishly true! I guess it's backwards to be learning about the MBTI after the Enneagram but that's where I'm at. I haven't even peeked at Socionomics yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Ene View Post
    Hello. Nice to meet you. I knew what your type was going to be before I scrolled down and saw it beneath your avatar. Something about you had the INFJ "vibe". Haha...go figure. Like your signature quotes, too.
    Hey Ene, nice to meet you too! Why thanks, I'm sure you accurately took me for an INFJ because you are one!
    Find my Enneagram writing here. Also, I'd love for you to take my six question Enneagram surveyEnneagram survey!✨

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFj

Mine has always been the Tiger, so majestic. Wow, you were quite the book worm from an early age! I actually was too but more fiction than non, I think it's because as a child my Mom always did different voices for each character and made the stories real to me.

I actually just got into the Enneagram a few months ago, a couple of good friends of mine have been telling me about it for over a year. Ever since I started reading I've have been fascinated with it. I think my favorite thing is how detailed it is and how grimly amused I was when I read my type 4 profile. Ha, it was all so freakishly true! I guess it's backwards to be learning about the MBTI after the Enneagram but that's where I'm at. I haven't even peeked at Socionomics yet.
    I did read a decent amount of fiction early on too, mostly just Star Wars and other science fiction books though. I'd say from high school to currently, I've read about 2/3 to 3/4 non-fiction books, the fiction books being mostly military novels, fantasy, and science fiction. The past couple years I have been getting into a good bit of theology and church history as well, particularly of Eastern Orthodoxy. I do like romance books too but I haven't read that many yet; I love just about anything related to romantic stuff! I have SO much other reading to catch up on right now that it might take a good while before I can get more into that genre though lol. It's kinda sad...there really should be more hours in the day so I can get to that point faster.

My mom mostly only read to me when I was learning to read; once I was able to read on my own (which was relatively quickly), I read to her more often than not. And of course, by the time I was in the middle of elementary school, I was reading stuff way over her head, so I was on my own there.

It was the same way for me when I first read about types 9 and 1. I have always tested as having a very strong score for both, with 1 slightly behind 9, though I am most definitely type 9 primary. It fits me quite well, though I think I have a much stronger sense of self than what is mentioned in the profiles. I don't think it's backwards at all to have gotten into that first. They are both useful in their own ways, though honestly I prefer the enneagram system a bit more, as I find being able to know the motivations behind how people work to be more useful in interacting with them. Both of them combined are good for explaining the main different 'flavors' of each MBTI type, like the differences between type 4 INFJs and type 9s; in my experience, I've seen more 4s than 9s. (I tend to get along very very well with 4s in particular, mostly the INFPs and INFJs. ) Here is a chart about type correlations between the two systems, taken from this site, with the data in it taken from members here. There are some others out there that are pretty similar to this one, just search for "correlation between mbti and enneagram" to find them.

Here is another more simplified one.

I've read a decent amount about Socionics, though to be honest, even after reading type descriptions and descriptions of the functions and how each one is expressed in each type, I really do not fit that well in the system. I test as INFj, but from the type-specific function descriptions, I am somewhere between INFj and INFp, with INFj fitting me slightly better. So, there is nothing that really stands out to me as being clearly 'my type' like the MBTI INFJ. This site is a very good resource for Socionics, if you want to learn more about it.

http://www.sociotype.com/

Enneagram
    4w5 sx/so

I have SO much other reading to catch up on right now that it might take a good while before I can get more into that genre though lol. It's kinda sad...there really should be more hours in the day so I can get to that point faster.
    I can relate to that! My To Read list which is right next to my To Do, To Make and To See lists. My favorite genre to read is probably historical fiction (I like military elements too), but my favorite series has always been the more fantasy-ish The Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan (you could totally knock someone out w/ one of those). I started the series when I was 13 and they just released the final book in January-- I read it in two days. Ooops.

It was the same way for me when I first read about types 9 and 1. I have always tested as having a very strong score for both, with 1 slightly behind 9, though I am most definitely type 9 primary. It fits me quite well, though I think I have a much stronger sense of self than what is mentioned in the profiles.
    Yeah, I totally believe that as accurate as typing may be, two 9's (or any two of the same type) are not the same person. I struggled with INFJ at first because it felt way too outwardly sensitive and passive for my personality. After lots of reading though, I realized some INFJ's tend to be more direct like me.

Thanks for the charts, and I'll check out the socionomics site for sure!

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFj

I can relate to that! My To Read list which is right next to my To Do, To Make and To See lists. My favorite genre to read is probably historical fiction (I like military elements too), but my favorite series has always been the more fantasy-ish The Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan (you could totally knock someone out w/ one of those). I started the series when I was 13 and they just released the final book in January-- I read it in two days. Ooops.

Yeah, I totally believe that as accurate as typing may be, two 9's (or any two of the same type) are not the same person. I struggled with INFJ at first because it felt way too outwardly sensitive and passive for my personality. After lots of reading though, I realized some INFJ's tend to be more direct like me.

Thanks for the charts, and I'll check out the socionomics site for sure!
    I think historical fiction is cool too, though I haven't really read any of those books. I first found out about those Wheel of Time books in school, but I never did get around to reading them, I was too busy with everything else lol. I read pretty much all of the Narnia books in fourth grade though. I sometimes do that with books I can't put down either, I'm no speed reader but l have ended up reading around 100-200 pages in a day, depending on how big the pages are. Even at that pace, of course some are going to take a fair bit longer, like the series A Song of Ice and Fire, which is the most recent one I've read, and it's now one of my favorites for sure. Those are all about 800-900 pages long. Unfortunately, I can't spend nearly that much time just reading and doing nothing else like I used to back in school because of all the wonderful responsibilities that come with being an 'adult' haha...what a cruel world indeed. I need a vacation!

What are some things on your other lists?

That's another thing I like more about the Enneagram. The combination of instinctual variants, wings, and even tri-type, is very good at explaining differences between two people of the same primary type, whereas there is no equivalent of distinction within MBTI, unless you are going off of cognitive function strengths, which can be very unreliable especially if you are using one of the online tests, which have really crappy wording.

I'm a pretty direct person too, though of course I use plenty of tact as well, in whatever way I find most suitable to who I'm talking to, just not to the point of watering down what I say. A lot of people (Thinker types especially, from what I've seen.) think that being tactful inherently waters down what you're saying and is just beating around the bush, but for me that isn't the case at all; I don't believe they HAVE to be mutually inclusive. I still get across all the information I need to, I just tailor the delivery and wording in a way so that it will have the greatest impact on the other person, and so they'll have a better chance of understanding it, instead of having one approach for all situations, which I find to be counter-productive unless I always stick around like-minded people. I can occasionally be quite persuasive as well, but I only use my powers for good, I promise!

I am pretty sensitive but not in a negative way, like I rarely ever get offended (By this I mean petty little things or personal slights against me, which I usually ignore unless I am being constantly bombarded with them from someone who I cannot get away from or shut out. I do get offended about more serious things, however. I think it would be bad to never ever get offended about anything.), I'm not super defensive (of myself, anyways...but I do get very defensive of other people sometimes, it's like an automatic reaction), I don't cry at the drop of a hat (I have no problems with crying when I need to though.), and even though I know I am right about most things, I have no trouble with taking criticism and correction, as long as it is intended to be helpful and not simply to put me down. Also, I am conflict avoidant, but only in a certain way. I just prefer to not get involved in arguments with people who really have no intention of mutual exchange of information and learning in a civil manner; getting beat over the head with their version of what is right, while having my own opinions ignored, is not something I find enjoyable, to say the least. I try to keep my distance from people who do that a lot. I can certainly call people out on their b.s. when needed (I still stay pretty calm though, but what REALLY gets to me is seeing someone mistreat others, particularly in a relationship, I just can't stand it...it's all I can do to keep myself from making a scene in a grocery store, for example, by telling some guy to learn some freaking respect, when I see him being an idiot to his girlfriend/etc. by yelling at her and putting her down and whatnot.), and not back down, but I am pretty picky about when and where I do that. If the person is already in rage mode, then I usually don't get involved, as my words would only fall on deaf ears, and no amount of reasoning on my part--no matter how thorough--would make any difference.

So, in a nutshell, where I am coming from with my approach to conflict avoidance, it is more of a practical thing so I don't waste my time, as well as avoiding anyone whose only intentions are to be haughty and hurtful. It can be very draining for me to deal with [extended] conflict as well, so I try to make sure it'll actually be worth the effort. It is not just wanting to never deal with opposing opinions; that's very unhealthy and immature. It's also because if I am dealing with someone who doesn't want to control themselves and speak in a relatively calm and reasonable manner, it is a bad trigger for my anxiety, and I sometimes get to the verge of having a panic attack, which is no fun. Fortunately, my medication keeps it from getting past that point.

Anyways, enough about that for now lol. Here's a Youtube channel that has lots of videos about MBTI. I hope you'll find them useful!

http://www.youtube.com/user/InterPer...?feature=watch

Enneagram
    4w5 sx/so

I think historical fiction is cool too, though I haven't really read any of those books. I first found out about those Wheel of Time books in school, but I never did get around to reading them, I was too busy with everything else lol. I read pretty much all of the Narnia books in fourth grade though. I sometimes do that with books I can't put down either, I'm no speed reader but l have ended up reading around 100-200 pages in a day, depending on how big the pages are. Even at that pace, of course some are going to take a fair bit longer, like the series A Song of Ice and Fire, which is the most recent one I've read, and it's now one of my favorites for sure. Those are all about 800-900 pages long. Unfortunately, I can't spend nearly that much time just reading and doing nothing else like I used to back in school because of all the wonderful responsibilities that come with being an 'adult' haha...what a cruel world indeed. I need a vacation!
    Aww yes, Narnia is wonderful! I've considered reading A Song of Ice and Fire, and probably will one of these days (the "adult" busy factor, as you mentioned).

What are some things on your other lists?
    -^_^- They are all long lists so here are the short term versions.
    Read: Daring Greatly and (re-read) The Great Gatsby.
    Do: Swing dancing and spending a bit more time at the shooting range.
    Make: A blouse (in progress), and re-upholster a chair that I found at an Estate Sale.
    See: Lots in Michigan, and a trip to Ireland and Scotland (ha, that's less short term).

That's another thing I like more about the Enneagram. The combination of instinctual variants, wings, and even tri-type, is very good at explaining differences between two people of the same primary type, whereas there is no equivalent of distinction within MBTI, unless you are going off of cognitive function strengths, which can be very unreliable especially if you are using one of the online tests, which have really crappy wording.
    Agreed!

I'm a pretty direct person too, though of course I use plenty of tact as well, in whatever way I find most suitable to who I'm talking to, just not to the point of watering down what I say. A lot of people (Thinker types especially, from what I've seen.) think that being tactful inherently waters down what you're saying and is just beating around the bush, but for me that isn't the case at all; I don't believe they HAVE to be mutually inclusive. I still get across all the information I need to, I just tailor the delivery and wording in a way so that it will have the greatest impact on the other person, and so they'll have a better chance of understanding it, instead of having one approach for all situations, which I find to be counter-productive unless I always stick around like-minded people. I can occasionally be quite persuasive as well, but I only use my powers for good, I promise!
    Ha! I hope so!

I am pretty sensitive but not in a negative way, like I rarely ever get offended (By this I mean petty little things or personal slights against me, which I usually ignore unless I am being constantly bombarded with them from someone who I cannot get away from or shut out. I do get offended about more serious things, however. I think it would be bad to never ever get offended about anything.), I'm not super defensive (of myself, anyways...but I do get very defensive of other people sometimes, it's like an automatic reaction), I don't cry at the drop of a hat (I have no problems with crying when I need to though.), and even though I know I am right about most things, I have no trouble with taking criticism and correction, as long as it is intended to be helpful and not simply to put me down.
    I completely agree, I hope you didn't think I was writing sensitivity off as a bad thing! I actually am quite a sensitive person, I just don't usually express it to the extreme that I felt the INFJ descriptions portrayed.

Also, I am conflict avoidant, but only in a certain way. I just prefer to not get involved in arguments with people who really have no intention of mutual exchange of information and learning in a civil manner; getting beat over the head with their version of what is right, while having my own opinions ignored, is not something I find enjoyable, to say the least. I try to keep my distance from people who do that a lot. I can certainly call people out on their b.s. when needed (I still stay pretty calm though, but what REALLY gets to me is seeing someone mistreat others, particularly in a relationship, I just can't stand it...it's all I can do to keep myself from making a scene in a grocery store, for example, by telling some guy to learn some freaking respect, when I see him being an idiot to his girlfriend/etc. by yelling at her and putting her down and whatnot.), and not back down, but I am pretty picky about when and where I do that. If the person is already in rage mode, then I usually don't get involved, as my words would only fall on deaf ears, and no amount of reasoning on my part--no matter how thorough--would make any difference.
    Conflict is something that I've had a lifelong struggle with, mostly pertaining to people who walk away, or refuse to talk it out. I can pretty strongly relate your grocery store scene too though! I get the same way when I see wrong being done, and everyone looking the other way. I even got in a locker room skirmish (read: fist fight) in high school because I happened to be there when a girl I knew was being bullied (and I couldn't walk away or just stand there). I don't seek out conflict by any means, but once faced with it I really have a desire to see it resolved. I do agree that sometimes confronting an enraged person is counterproductive and possibly dangerous though.

So, in a nutshell, where I am coming from with my approach to conflict avoidance, it is more of a practical thing so I don't waste my time, as well as avoiding anyone whose only intentions are to be haughty and hurtful. It can be very draining for me to deal with [extended] conflict as well, so I try to make sure it'll actually be worth the effort. It is not just wanting to never deal with opposing opinions; that's very unhealthy and immature. It's also because if I am dealing with someone who doesn't want to control themselves and speak in a relatively calm and reasonable manner, it is a bad trigger for my anxiety, and I sometimes get to the verge of having a panic attack, which is no fun. Fortunately, my medication keeps it from getting past that point.
    It's really good to be aware of that, it's amazing how many people truly want to fight for the sake of fighting (reminds me of Middle School). It sounds like you have a good handle on conflict.

Anyways, enough about that for now lol. Here's a Youtube channel that has lots of videos about MBTI. I hope you'll find them useful!

http://www.youtube.com/user/InterPer...?feature=watch
    Thanks, I'll check it out!

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFj

-^_^- They are all long lists so here are the short term versions.
    Read: Daring Greatly and (re-read) The Great Gatsby.
    Do: Swing dancing and spending a bit more time at the shooting range.
    Make: A blouse (in progress), and re-upholster a chair that I found at an Estate Sale.
    See: Lots in Michigan, and a trip to Ireland and Scotland (ha, that's less short term).
    How long are those lists anyways?

I haven't heard of the first one, and I only know of the second one.

Do you dance a lot? What are your favorite styles of dance, and maybe any favorite experiences with dancing? What little dancing I've tried in high school...well, I'm pretty bad haha, I'm so awkward and I get nervous and very self-conscious. What guns do you use? I've never done that but it would be cool, maybe sometime I will. I do have a bit of weapon training, since I was in the Air Force several years ago, so just M-16 operation and maintenance, rules of engagement, etc. I had a medical discharge about halfway through basic training though, sadly. (really bad hypoglycemia because of the terrible diet there [lots of refined carbs and meat, only a little fruit and vegetables] and having to eat every meal like a dog lol, like 1.5-3 minutes, and the physical stress probably factored into that too. It was making me fall asleep a lot during classes and even while standing up, so they thought I had narcolepsy, but after blood testing they concluded it was hypoglycemia.) My job was going to be electrical engineering, working on the flight controls and navigation systems of a B-1 bomber. My dad used to own a ton of guns, and when I was real little I'd sometimes go with him to watch him shoot at a range he set up. I'd use the binoculars to see where his shots hit on the target for him.

How far are you on the blouse, and what's it going to look like? Do you do that a lot, with both things you mentioned there?

Is there anything in particular you want to see when you go to those places? A lot of my family actually came from Ireland. My mom and grandparents lived there and all their family higher up. Oh...and Michigan is right next door to me (WI)... lol
    I completely agree, I hope you didn't think I was writing sensitivity off as a bad thing! I actually am quite a sensitive person, I just don't usually express it to the extreme that I felt the INFJ descriptions portrayed.
    No, not at all! It is definitely a very good thing, but, like you, I also don't express it to that extreme. I am pretty level overall (another thing with being an enneagram 9, peace, calmness, and stability being very important). I just mentioned those things that I am not like concerning sensitivity as they are all the negative things associated with being an INFJ, and NFs in general really. Not that I'm perfect or anything, far from it haha (I always deny all accusations of being perfect that others make to me! grrr lol, wish that wouldn't happen, it's so embarrassing.), I just don't have any issues with those things.
    Conflict is something that I've had a lifelong struggle with, mostly pertaining to people who walk away, or refuse to talk it out. I can pretty strongly relate your grocery store scene too though! I get the same way when I see wrong being done, and everyone looking the other way. I even got in a locker room skirmish (read: fist fight) in high school because I happened to be there when a girl I knew was being bullied (and I couldn't walk away or just stand there). I don't seek out conflict by any means, but once faced with it I really have a desire to see it resolved. I do agree that sometimes confronting an enraged person is counterproductive and possibly dangerous though.
    I'm basically the same as all this, though I don't think I've ever really had to deal with anyone avoidant (How do you handle that?), and I've never gotten in a fight either; hopefully I'll never have to.
    It's really good to be aware of that, it's amazing how many people truly want to fight for the sake of fighting (reminds me of Middle School). It sounds like you have a good handle on conflict.
    I know, it's really annoying. Some people just don't want to grow out of that I guess, maybe it's too much of a part of their identity in their minds and so it's a major means of self-validation; they just develop more elaborate ways of rationalizing it as they get older. And thanks very much!